Is there a way to do dungeons by myself?

80 Human Rogue
Other people on this game are mean to me and I've been overly sensitive all of my life so out affects me. Is there a way to do dungeons by myself so that way I don't get upset by others every time I want to get the dungeon experience?
Reply Quote
80 Human Rogue
it* not out.
Reply Quote
93 Orc Warrior
You can do dungeons significantly under your level, but then you're doing dungeons significantly under your level. The rewards won't be worth much.

The endgame does kinda sorta revolve around other players, mind. You might go into dungeons and raids (raids being mega-dungeons). You might do player-vs-player activity. You can try to get into the economy and make some gold. If all you want to do is quest, eventually you'll reach an end point. Then all you'll have is lots of daily quests, which will get repetitive soon.
Reply Quote
80 Human Rogue
Oh man. Yeah I wouldn't want to do lower level because the main reason I even bother with them is for the experience. The second reason being that they are cool. :) It sucks that I have to go on forums for help though. Every time I've tried to ask someone a question in game they just laugh at me and insult me. Like in pvp I asked what turtling was and was heavily mocked. I had to ask my mom just to get the answer.
Reply Quote
80 Human Rogue
Thanks for the response. :)
Reply Quote
80 Human Rogue
Is horde nicer than alliance? Maybe I'm just on the wrong team.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
People are people. In fact, most Horde players are also Alliance players and vice versa - most have more than 1 character and most have characters on both sides.

So that's not going to change anything.

<S>
Reply Quote
80 Human Rogue
Yes, people are people but I don't consider very human like to degrade other people. I wish there was a server full of people who agree with me so I could join it. -.-
Reply Quote
80 Human Rogue
Anyway, thanks for the replies. (:
Reply Quote
77 Orc Hunter
Try running dungeons with your guild. If there's no activity, find another guild.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Meria it's a really horrible idea to put your email on a public forum

Kiernyn you're going to need to start taking the good with the bad. To write off the entire community and just play solo because you had some bad experiences isn't really a great way to play an MMO. Try to join a guild with nice people and run stuff with them.

If you want to take all the group aspects out of wow, wouldn't you have more fun playing a single player game?
Edited by Zolie on 5/16/2013 6:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Is horde nicer than alliance? Maybe I'm just on the wrong team.

Nah. There are rude and crude people on both sides (trust me, I have characters across both factions - though play mostly Horde).

It's pretty hard to solo level appropriate dungeons. I'm not saying no one can. Just that it's VERY hard to do. If you want to fly solo, your best option is questing. Though it is an MMO. So that sort of defeats the purpose. Perhaps you can find a nice enough guild that you feel comfortable in and run dungeons with them?
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
Gratz on 80 ^.^

I deal with social anxieties myself, and although I rarely group with others these days, I still find plenty to keep myself entertained. It's possible to play an MMO without being a social butterfly.

However, a guild can have a huge impact on your enjoyment, and I agree that you might have more fun either reaching out to others in your current guild, or finding one that's smaller and potentially more friendly. Group content isn't everything in WoW, but if you skip or avoid it, you can miss out on some pretty neat stuff. If you enjoy group content, just not the random group part, a guild can sometimes help with that.

FWIW in the past I've enjoyed running random dungeons more with my Horde toons than my Alliance toons, but it's been several months. There wasn't a big difference, but it was still noticeable.

Have you upgraded to Cataclysm yet? Because looking at your gear, I bet you've gotten more than a few comments about low damage or being too squishy or some such. A big reason for that is due to using older gear, which becomes even more apparent at level 80. The gear from Outland is replaced by the gear from Northrend, which will be replaced by gear from the Cata expansion, and the Cata gear is significantly stronger than nearly anything you'll find in Northrend. To see how much the stats jump, this is one of the first quest rewards you might get: Queen Conch Chestguard

Even if you haven't upgraded to Cata, you can still check the Auction House (AH) to see if there's any affordable gear, or at the very least, save up for the Wrathful Gladiator's gear. If you have upgraded, head to Mount Hyjal and start upgrading your gear too, I promise you'll notice a HUGE change in your toon's performance.

Frankly I think that's probably why some people may have seemed mean to you, they were only trying to be helpful and just had a funny way of showing it. Not your fault they have the social skills of a rabid badger.
Edited by Drewb on 5/17/2013 5:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
It used to be that you could easily find a small group of decent players to share a guild with, but the rewarding of guilds for having active members seems to have clipped that somewhat.

Honestly, with the types of reward systems WoW has in place and the tools they have that allow people with very antisocial behavior to succeed, I don't feel that WoW is a good fit for you. Obviously if you're in love with the game I won't tell you to just stop, but if you're on the fence anyway I recommend looking at either single player games built around the way you play, or Guild Wars 2 which has a reward system that encourages an environment more welcoming to casual social play.

If you really want to play WoW despite all of that stuff, pretend like every ill mannered person is an autistic child and deal with them accordingly.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
well i offered to help

It's not the offer to help, that's appreciated I'm sure. It's the fact that your email is now visible to spammers, phishers, the Russian mafia, and all sorts of other criminals who would love nothing more than to steal from you.

If you want people to be able to contact you in-game you can use the BattleTag system for this. It's private and you don't have to give out your personal information to everybody.
Edited by Raimondas on 5/17/2013 11:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Meria it's a really horrible idea to put your email on a public forum

Kiernyn you're going to need to start taking the good with the bad. To write off the entire community and just play solo because you had some bad experiences isn't really a great way to play an MMO. Try to join a guild with nice people and run stuff with them.

If you want to take all the group aspects out of wow, wouldn't you have more fun playing a single player game?

well i offered to help

That's fine, but I don't think you'd be much help when your account gets hacked, which is why I'm trying to help you.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Is there a way to do dungeons by myself so that way I don't get upset by others every time I want to get the dungeon experience?

Not the full dungeon experience.

The dungeon experience is grouping up to do something that would be impossible to do alone. Yes, you can see the inside of a dungeon and fight the bosses of a dungeon after you're a higher level than what it was designed for, but that's like using an invincibility code for a game ... you experience it, but you don't really "experience" it.

My ex-wife had the same sort of reaction to groups. She liked playing WoW, but after a couple bad experiences, she decided no more dungeons. And she still enjoyed the game. She leveled a bunch of hunters to level 70 (she stopped playing during TBC) -- she really liked hunters. And then she went after rare pets.

Options:

A) Find a solo bit of the game you enjoy. Dailies, farming, pet battles, soloing old raids, crafting, AH, brawler's guild, obsessive alt leveling, achievements, archeology ...
B) Find a decent guild with people who have personalities that mix with yours and enjoy group play with them. I barely interact with strangers in LFR/LFD, but love socializing with my guildmates. As such, I barely do LFR/LFD.
C) Accept the barrage of rude and crass behavior and throw yourself out there.
D) Not play.

Hope you can find some happiness.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I tend to search Wowhead for quest/item info, and use Icy Veins for class/talent info. 99.99999% of your questions have already been asked and answered somewhere, you just have to take a few minutes and look.

If you're in a PUG and someone is being a butthead, just right click on their name and choose "ignore". Or close down your chat window so you can't see them being rude. Your guild looks like it has a lot of people, see if they will run stuff with you. If they're being buttheads too, find another guild. Your guild should be a place where you're not afraid to ask the "stupid" questions; if they make fun of you or make you feel incompetent, find another one.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]