Arms FC 5.3?

90 Night Elf Warrior
I was wondering if anyone on the PTR had a chance to test this out.

Given that D Stance is going back to 25%, would an Arms S&B Warrior gemed/chanted for FC, Reforged for Dodge be a good option?

We have always had good mobility. We have most of our Defensive CDs, utilities and can also go 2h to assist those stealth 2man zergs.
Edited by River on 5/18/2013 11:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
reforging for dodge sounds retarded.

however i did slap on 2x pve stam trinks and gemmed full stam, had about 550k hp as arms on the ptr in 496 ilvl gear.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Warriors are not going to be a RBG option in 5.3

You're going to see resto druid FC's because they can shift out of a lot of CC and move exceptionally fast with the flag.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Arms is a real option because of the passive 25% DR in Defensive Stance as well as pretty good mobility. And there's really no reason in having a healer carry, that's totally counterproductive.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
reforging for dodge sounds retarded.

however i did slap on 2x pve stam trinks and gemmed full stam, had about 550k hp as arms on the ptr in 496 ilvl gear.

If you are the FC, what else would you reforge for? Arms Mastery isn't the same as Prot. If the main purpose is survivability I would tank meta, chant and reforge for avoidance.

That plus the 2% miss for Night Elves seems pretty useful.
Edited by River on 5/18/2013 2:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Arms is a real option because of the passive 25% DR in Defensive Stance as well as pretty good mobility. And there's really no reason in having a healer carry, that's totally counterproductive.

Resto druids have better mobility. The bulk of your RBG comps are going to REPLACE their FC with a 4th healer that can double as a ranged DPS on non-flag carry maps. There is absolutely nothing counter productive about that. Arms will not be a viable FC option, lol.

If you are the FC, what else would you reforge for? Arms Mastery isn't the same as Prot. If the main purpose is survivability I would tank meta, chant and reforge for avoidance.

That plus the 2% miss for Night Elves seems pretty useful.

And you'll still die in 3-4 globals. You're not going to have shield barrier, your shield wall is on a longer CD, no last stand, no stamina bonus from all plate. But congrats, you have extra dodge that won't help you because everything killing you is a spell.
Edited by Khurgen on 5/18/2013 2:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
And you'll still die in 3-4 globals. You're not going to have shield barrier, your shield wall is on a longer CD, no last stand, no stamina bonus from all plate. But congrats, you have extra dodge that won't help you because everything killing you is a spell.

Hey, every warrior whos an FC and a bit pissed. For the most part there is no other reason to bring one. Its the same reason I RBG on my DK. We have to figure out something. That's not a reroll.

I do get it, your probably as pissed as the rest of us here. Instead of being over critical lets try and figure out what our place is in RBGs.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
I do get it, your probably as pissed as the rest of us here. Instead of being over critical lets try and figure out what our place is in RBGs.

We have no place in RBGs in 5.3 - that's the reality. I have had a thread on the PTR forums going for basically 1 month. No Blizzard response, no changes in the patch notes, nothing.

They simply do not care, or lack the ability to balance the RBG meta-game.
Edited by Khurgen on 5/18/2013 3:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
IMO tank spec should be PVE only.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
05/18/2013 03:28 PMPosted by Khurgen

We have no place in RBGs in 5.3 - that's the reality. I have had a thread on the PTR forums going for basically 1 month. No Blizzard response, no changes in the patch notes, nothing.

They simply do not care, or lack the ability to balance the RBG meta-game.

You forgot the fact that a resto druid is already a good target because of how much damage they take. If on top of that you add 25% damage received, that rdruid will fall like a fly. It would be NOT AS BAD, but certainly won't be the top choice. With a warrior you nulify the flag carrier debuff while in defensive stance, you have 2 aoe ccs that could help a lot if you're being zerged, good mobility and damage to kill incs instead of turtle them all night long like you would do with a resto druid and 2 extra healers.

Priority should remain tank specs > Arms/Unholy DK with conversion/Demo Lock with glyph > Healer spec.

Now, accounting for the fact that most dps in RBGs will be casters, it would be better under your strategy to pick a resto shaman as carrier and have someone run the flag and give it to him if necessary.

You have to notice the fact that the issue in pvp now is burst, if you give the flag to a rdruid that already is somewhat easy to kill, you're going to accentuate burst and make it hell for healers to keep him up, while with Defensive Stance you have damage taken normaliced and hence, an easier time healing the FC.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
The new FC's will be Demo locks in PVE gear... just watch..
Reply Quote
48 Human Rogue
In theory couldn't you just have an 'arms' spec then wear complete tank gear? The damage bonus only applies to 'tank specs' so if you're specced arms or fury then you avoid that extra damage while still wearing full tanking gear.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
05/18/2013 05:25 PMPosted by Prometheon
It would be NOT AS BAD, but certainly won't be the top choice. With a warrior you nulify the flag carrier debuff while in defensive stance,

Have you ever attempted to survive against a single person without being in D-stance this expansion? A naked warlock has better survivability.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
Sounds like we should all roll a healer type and dominate the RBG field.

Mmmm 10 healers in WSG. That's the stuff nightmares are made of.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]