Confusion on reforging

I recently came back to wow after a very long break (basically the entire expansion) and I just want to know one thing...

For BM (in my current gear) what stat weights should I be plugging in to ask mr robot because I hear from everyone that mastery > haste at my gear level for BM but the site has haste > mastery at default and I feel like that's wrong for me but I'm not sure.

There seems to be a lot of conflicting information out there so it's hard to reforge properly if you haven't been keeping up like myself.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
For BM you want:

Hit/Expertise capped > Mastery > Crit > Haste

Every high rated hunter I've seen goes this route.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Aren't all 3 specs basically stat prioritizing the same? Just curious as I really don't know.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Simulators are overvaluing haste for BM, if we had no lag (including server lag, which we cant get away from), and we were computers, then haste plateaus could exist for BM. Its just that with lag and human error, these haste plateaus really don't exist in mechanic intensive fights. For SV, haste > mastery only if you have multiple RPPM effects, which benefit from haste. Marks has been haste > mastery for a while now, but SV is mastery>haste when you don't have multiple RPPM effects. RPPM effects are ToT drop trinkets, our 2 piece and 4 piece set bonus, the legendary meta, and the relic of xuen.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Aren't all 3 specs basically stat prioritizing the same? Just curious as I really don't know.

MM, Crit > Mastery...and generally Haste > Mastery (depends on where you get your info however, I've generally stacked Crit after Exp and Hit as I never got past the Haste plateau or heroic gear).

So for MM, it's always been (in 5.0+) Hit/Exp to 7.5% > Crit > Haste > Mastery.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]