Do we need to feed our pets?

90 Night Elf Hunter
I remember back a few years when my son was playing his hunter and he had to feed his pet often to keep it happy so it would perform better.

I thought they got rid of that requirement (like ammo). Do we still need to feed our pets and why?

Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Used to be, you had to feed your pet to keep it happy, and to keep it from running away on you. Nowadays, the only purpose of the feed pet skill is to restore 50% of its health in an instant when out of combat. This has been true since Cata came out.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
ahh, okay, thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
In all honesty, feeding your pet is just a way to take up a bag slot to save time, mend pet (and out of combat pet health regen, coupled with spirit bond, a level 45 talent) will keep your pet toped of in terms of health, feed pet is realy more of a flavor spell nowadays.
Reply Quote
THANK GOD!!!! I bought like 20 Bread and 20 Meat for nothing........ Well at least I ain't losing my Wolf anytime soon.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]