Re-roll or race change???

87 Goblin Shaman
This is probably the only character I have that I have never race or faction changed.

When I made him, I wanted a short race shaman. And seeing as Gnomes can't be...
And Goblins are pretty awesome. I love the racials. Rocket jump is outstanding in pvp.

I've leveled other characters through-out the time this guy has been in pixel existance. But I always come back to him. I just love the whole Shaman gig.

However, When originally thinking of making a shaman, I had planned on going Orc.
I play on RP realms, and I love the "Noble Savage" lore of Orcs. And they also have some pretty good racials for Shaman.

Also, my professions were made to go with this guys RP story, and I'm not sure if I can wrap my mind around an Orc Engineer Shaman story line. (Not with out some help).

I do have an idea of what I'd like an Orcs' story and mind set to be.
And part of that is a "living hatred" of G. Hellscream.
And 5.3 is quickly looming...

So, what would you do?
Re-roll and go through it all over again, or simply race change and finish leveling?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Req
If you're up for investing the time to start all over again, reroll. If not and you're willing to spend the money, race change. You could also just stay a goblin, you might regret changing if you rush it, especially if you do a race change.

If it was me and I really wanted to focus on the character then I would race change because at that high a level I just wouldn't want to go through it all over again, especially if I earned a lot of crap on them. Also it's easier to start a profession over than to start a profession and a class all over. But it can be fun to start from scratch too, I recently abandoned a 50 warrior so I could level a new one.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
Race change and finish levelling and pick new professions if it bothers you so much. No reason to waste a perfectly good jillion experience points.
Reply Quote
87 Goblin Shaman
It's been on my mind for a while. So, I'm definitely not rushing into it.
I've just been playing alts in the interim.

I don't mind the leveling. But at the same time, there are places I'd much rather not slogg through again.

EDIT: And as stated, I know that 5.3 is coming soon. I don't want to be 1/2 way there and all of a sudden miss it (Like I did Theramoore when you could do it at 85)

I also really want to get back into some serious RPing again.

2nd EDIT: Someone want to help me with the pros and cons?
Edited by Totembolt on 5/10/2013 3:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
If you're super cereal about RP I don't see how race-changing is even an option.
Reply Quote
87 Goblin Shaman
Because My ideal Shaman or the way I picture him, is someone who idolizes Thrall or more to the point, wants to emulate him and what he stands for.

He wants to see the world healed, and eventual peace.
Thrall never intended to keep warring. He lead the Orcs to Kalimdor and "created" Durotar as a home where the Orcs could go back to the shamanistic ways of their past. To live in reletive peace.

(Oh and for clearity: I never really rp'd this character. That was always left to my other characters.This guy has no real back story.)
Edited by Totembolt on 5/10/2013 3:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Because My ideal Shaman or the way I picture him, is someone who idolizes Thrall or more to the point, wants to emulate him and what he stands for.

He wants to see the world healed, and eventual peace.
Thrall never intended to keep warring. He lead the Orcs to Kalimdor and "created" Durotar as a home where the Orcs could go back to the shamanistic ways of their past. To live in reletive peace.

Why bother race changing though? While it maybe be a bit odd for a goblin to be like that, there's nothing lore-wise saying they can't behave that way, and goblins tend to be on the eccentric side of things as is.

(Oh and for clearity: I never really rp'd this character. That was always left to my other characters.This guy has no real back story.)

Create one, it would likely be just as satisfying if not more so than to just race change; if you don't like what you create, you can always change specifically what you don't like about it.
Edited by Illaina on 5/11/2013 1:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
87 Goblin Shaman
After much more thaught, last night while doing DMF dailies, I decided to keep this guy, at least for now, just the way he is...

You see, I started thinking about it, and I realised that I'm quite fonde of him.
I love how commical he is. Love his dance, the way he looks around while idle. I love his laugh, and the way he runs. I guess you could say, I'm more attached to him than I had been thinking.

I've come up with a bit more depth to him and have been thinking of his story.
I've decided that he was not (even though I played through it) from the Goblin home island.
But rather he's one of the goblins from the jungles. He's not just a shaman, but a witch-doctor.

I've got the gear in the bank from Shattrath, and am hoping to get the face mask (when I hit 90) from T-isle for transmogging.

I'm going to work this all into WHY he hates Garrosh. And I'm looking forward to it.

(This is not the first time I've thaught about all of this. Might not be the last. But each time I do, someone or something happens that draws me back to why I made a Goblin in the first place.)
Reply Quote
93 Undead Monk

give up at RP.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
My shaman is a goblin and he basically worships thrall but as a goblin I'm also a merc using my "elemental powers" to kill for the highest bidder.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I've done a ton of questing in my day (got Loremaster recently after putting that off for ages and having suffer a reset when I was almost through Eastern Kingdoms and halfway done with Kalimdor: thanks Cataclysm), and the first quest that really made me reconsider how Blizzard wanted to paint my character's personality was the quest at the Temple of the White Tiger to open up the Vale. Apparently, my live-and-let-live druid who wants to maintain the balance of nature and live in harmony with the world has some abiding hatred of Garrosh Hellscream. I don't PVP much, and I never did any heavily anti-horde questlines that had anything to do with Garrosh. Most of my anti-horde sentiments have to do with Sylvanas. I am not an RPer in-game, but this quest made me confused about what my real motivation is supposed to be.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]