We are all VERY much effected, its almost impossible to pug anything due to lack of players. the vast majority of experianced raiders have tranfered off the realm.
05/13/2013 01:27 PMPosted by JederosIt's getting increasingly difficult to pug on Darrowmere. Started with MoP last fall, going downhill ever since. I remember back in Cata even as DPS on my rogue I could log on and get into a DS raid inside 30 minutes as a rule.
It's getting increasingly difficult to pug on Darrowmere. Started with MoP last fall, going downhill ever since. I remember back in Cata even as DPS on my rogue I could log on and get into a DS raid inside 30 minutes as a rule.
05/13/2013 09:27 PMPosted by PhaydreYou are remembering the end of Cata, when everyone was geared and had downed the bosses in DS multiple times already,
PLUS the bosses had been nerfed to the bone,
so everything was on farm mode and a pug could handle it.
This is a new expansion with new content.
MoP raid bosses haven't been nerfed anywhere near to that extent yet.
Pug players are still gearing up and haven't killed the bosses on normal mode more than a couple times. People know they're facing a wipe-fest in a pug right now and they aren't joining them when they're advertised through Trade.
The "problem" isn't just Darrowmere's realm size. There are a ton of factors causing you to not be able to pug in a timely fashion and a ton of things that would have to be different in order for you to down bosses.
like anything I'm saying is registering anyway...
but most of the people who transfer from this realm would be kicked from that pug once their lack of skill became apparent.
05/14/2013 07:05 AMPosted by PhaydreI'm not trying to put people in their place
but what I am doing is presenting you with a different & expanded outlook on the reasons why you and many other people are having trouble trying to pug, and presenting ways to change that
Maybe you should stop being so defensive about it.
Let's talk about this in ONE thread instead of dividing it up into two...
This is a summary of things I have said in my posts, not in the order I said them, but in the order you need to read them:
1) Yes, I get what you're saying about the realm population and agree it would be nice to have more and better players
2) However, I don't think Blizz will fix that anytime soon.
3) Therefore, we need to work with what we have, and we could do better if the people who are here now learned how to play their toon better, worked harder, and worked together.
4) There are raid teams that are struggling with normal mode bosses. How can you possibly expect pugs to be able to down them if the skill level of pugs on this realm doesn't improve?
5) Your expectations are far too high about the effects of merging low population realms
or transferring your toon(s) to a different realm.
6) Having a larger population to pug from won't improve the success of pugs (or raid teams) if those people don't have the ability to follow mechanics, or don't have the DPS, healing, and tanking skills needed to avoid a wipe or enrage. 7) Neither merging low pop realms nor realm-transfers will change a person's skill, and skill is VERY important to succeed in high-level (current content) raiding. That applies both when you're on a team and in a pug.
8) Realm-transfers work out very well for former top raiders on Darrowmere because they're good at what they do and people recognize that.
9) However, due to high competition on other realms, average or poor players typically won't see much improvement. They might continue to progress at the same pace, or slower.
10) Players might regret paying for a realm-transfer when things don't work out for them as they hoped,
so I'm trying to provide a reality check.
11) It's a FACT that on high pop realms, people with low performance are kicked from pug groups, and there are underperforming people on this realm considering transferring. Stating facts isn't insulting people. Again, stop being defensive.
12) Comparing your ability to succeed in pugs during Cata vs pug'ing in MoP is looking at things with 20/20 hindsight
comparing apples to oranges.
13) Until MoP content is nerfed, a lot of people are laying low because they don't want to waste time pug'ing when they know the chance of success is low, and this is another part of why you're having trouble putting together pug groups in the first place.
If I wanted to put someone in their place, I wouldn't spend so much time typing up long and detailed posts. There are much shorter phrases and sentences commonly used on the forums to convey scorn and superiority.
I see no reason why I shouldn't be able to have an opinion
Otherwise, take my ivory tower and shove it.
I could pick apart everything you just said, but it's not worth it because every other sentence is nonsense about "You don't know anything about skill because you're actually killing bosses. You're not the boss of me. I'll keep defending my position that says adding more fish to a barrel equals a higher chance of finding lobsters." I have made my points, so I don't need to go back and forth with you about those.
Turning existing Darrowmere-ites into better players can be done a lot more easily than convincing Blizzard to merge realms or give hundreds of Darrowmere players a free transfer. People have been asking for both of those things for years and haven't been getting it.
You have 2 choices: Sit here and complain, or take a leadership role in your guild or group of friends or the realm and encourage people to learn more so you guys can go down some bosses. Roth made a post a while ago where he shared some recommended reading materials for people who want to play better. Follow his lead and start using the forum to make this a better realm for PvE instead of a wishlist.
As I said, I'm willing to help people who want to learn more about Rdruid and Boomkin, and I have already helped many people in SFOS. What are you willing to do?
There is some chance of getting some people interested in raiding I guess but I am not prepared to spend the time necessary to go around enlisting people and helping them get ready for raiding esp since that is a low odds play at best.
05/14/2013 01:42 PMPosted by JederosIt is incumbent on Blizzard to provide an environment which makes pugging current content possible.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.