SUPER LOW ACTIVE POPULATION - HELP BLIZZARD

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Priest
Jederos yes you are right that the pugging community is not a fun healthy one that you desire. I , however, don't agree with you on the core reason for this. I too have been an active part of the pugging community on Darrowmere Ally and Horde alike. 80% of the people I have been in pugs with could use tons of improvement. Icy-veins as well as other resources are available and can be put into practice rather quickly and with little effort. It wouldn't take more than 30 minutes to read through some of the more well organized class guides.

It all comes down to lack of personal responsibility IMO. If players had more personal responsibility they would research how to play their class/spec better. If people had more personal responsibility they would research fights. If people had more personal responsibility they would watch their own DBM timers instead of wait for someone to call them out. If people had more personal responsibility they would attempt to maximize their performance regardless of online resources or help from community. If people had more personal responsibility....

they wouldn't be blaming blizzard for everything.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I have been palying since 2007 and on Darrowmere. Due to a rotating work schedule I have not been able to raid since middle of Lich. I have only been able to play once maybe twice a week. There is not alot of difference between now and than. This has always been a low pop realm. The major difference is what guilds back than were willing to do compared to guilds now.

This was preparing the next in line. Having players ready to go when real life gets in the way and makes people unable to raid anymore. By this guilds of past were willling to take players that showed an interest in learning. This would include helping with gear, rotations, Gems, and knowledge of game. Also BOEs that dropped in raids would go to the guild bank and to these players. BOEs would not be sold in AH or giving to alts. Crafters would make top gear, enchants, gems ect. for these players. When not raiding the better players would run these people in dungens to help get their gear to the level they need it to be. Also they would run them in lower raids to help with mechanics of raiding and understanding what they were responsible for in the fight. I could go on but i think the picture is there.

While I do blame Blizz a little for the individulization of the game with queing for dungens and LFR. to create this problem. I blame mainly the players in game for not being willing to take the time to prepare these people. Because they say I did it myself or I am to good to spend the time with a newbie to teach them. If some would take the time they might feel a little good about theirself and make their guild that much more succesful. Until this happens people sit in game complaing due to the lack of players ready to raid. In stead of waiting on Blizz change it yourself.
Edited by Skagan on 5/14/2013 4:05 PM PDT
100 Human Paladin
Jederos yes you are right that the pugging community is not a fun healthy one that you desire. I , however, don't agree with you on the core reason for this. I too have been an active part of the pugging community on Darrowmere Ally and Horde alike. 80% of the people I have been in pugs with could use tons of improvement. Icy-veins as well as other resources are available and can be put into practice rather quickly and with little effort. It wouldn't take more than 30 minutes to read through some of the more well organized class guides.

It all comes down to lack of personal responsibility IMO. If players had more personal responsibility they would research how to play their class/spec better. If people had more personal responsibility they would research fights. If people had more personal responsibility they would watch their own DBM timers instead of wait for someone to call them out. If people had more personal responsibility they would attempt to maximize their performance regardless of online resources or help from community. If people had more personal responsibility....

they wouldn't be blaming blizzard for everything.

You don't get it either smh The core issue isn't skill. Putting down other players isn't relevant, it's ignorant and it's unfair. You haven't run with enough players to say there is an overwhelmingly large number of bad players. I wish we had a lot of bad players to pug so yeah then we could start working on our kills and start working as a team building our skills as a unit Right now we don't even have that The pugging here is crippled by the small player base (shrinking as we speak) As I said it's not uncommon to have to abandon a pug altogether meaning you can't even get into the instance to develop your raid skills

I just don't get why some people here keep making this an ad-hominem issue insulting other players, most of whom you don't even know, personalizing and complicating unnecessarily a simple issue

As for Blizzard's responsibility in this again it's not a difficult issue to apprehend They re are charging me for a product It is up to them to ensure that the product delivers to me a satisfactory experience. As I have said I have don much to try to improve things for me and others here but it's not enough it's far too much effort for too little gain And at the end of the day it is on Blizzard to deliver value for the money That's how the market works
90 Blood Elf Monk
It goes both ways tho. with minmal effort someone could learn to play there class well enough to get numbers that are acceptable. This expansion has proven to be ALOT more time consuming then say cata. With dailes to get runes of fate. Farming for 300 food. Rep needed to get vp gear. I couldnt imagine sitting down with a few people and teaching them how to play while i still need to put in my time for the grind. Ffs there addons that light up your action bar to tell you what button you should push.

With how easy WoW has become there is no reason why someone in gear appropriate to the encounter be doing less than acceptable standards. It is not the responsibility of someone else to teach you how to play it is just an added bonus if you do find someone to do that. Saying its other people fault for why a person isnt any good is illogical.
100 Human Paladin
So it's not ok for me to use obvious humor in a 3 sentence summary of your entire argument because it's putting words in your mouth,

Nonsense it was a deliberate misrepresentation of what I have said

but it's ok for you to twist my words in every post you make, and proclaim my intention was to put people in their place?

I find it hard to draw any other conclusion from your incessant blame the complainant comments and telling us what the pugging situation was like on this realm and what the realm was like as though none have us have ever been on the realm or ever pugged on it Particularly galling as I said since you got a steady successful raid team and wouldn't know a pug if you fell on it

I understand what you consider to be the core issue, but I'm trying to tell you that what you want to happen will not happen

Ladies and gentleman may I introduce Pythia

and recommend how we can work around that to accomplish a goal of reviving PvE on Darrowmere.

If this a genuine offer to help improve things on Darrowmere I may consider it

You're really only making yourself look bad here, I have to say.

Subjective. Irrelevant. Not to mention another ad-hominem

What is naive is you thinking Blizzard is going to lose out on $25 per transfer if all of these people are supposedly transferring.

Whatever. That's your opinion. It might happen. One thing is certain. It sure won't unless someone raises the possibility

In the time we have argued this, you could have leveled a toon on a bigger realm about a third of the way to 90

lol maybe you could I don't have an allnighter in me right now

[quote]If you can't afford to pay for a transfer, you better get off the forum and get started on that

Reasons I transfer, or not, are my own
90 Blood Elf Monk
and recommend how we can work around that to accomplish a goal of reviving PvE on Darrowmere.

If this a genuine offer to help improve things on Darrowmere I may consider it

why not take the initiative and do it yourself. You seem to think you have a full grasp on the real issues, why not aleviate them? But would that go against what you said earlier that you dont want to spend the time doing such things? Like i said earlier, you are dealing with problems with pugging in the first place. Another issue that hasnt been brought up is i know alot of capable players dont pug just because they dont want to deal with it.

If you are choosing to stay on server for whatever reason then by default you are accepting the realm conditions and makes your argument moot. There are servers worse off than this one so anything happening soon is not likely going to. If you think alliance has it bad feel free to roll horde, your perspective will change on how bad you really have it
Edited by Ayàno on 5/14/2013 4:42 PM PDT
100 Human Paladin
There is some chance of getting some people interested in raiding I guess but I am not prepared to spend the time necessary to go around enlisting people and helping them get ready for raiding esp since that is a low odds play at best.

and you wonder why raiding is dying

First of all, nice move there quoting me out of context If you had a shred of honesty you would have included the fact that I said I had already tried doing that

Second, it is not up to me to make this realm raid ready. That is an ennormous amount of work. That's not what I pay for. I don't mind trying as I have to get a few friends and guildies into raiding and helping them gear up (as I said) But I am not going to accept that for my 15$ I have to spend my days working on other players' game time to accommodate my desire to raid. I don't pay to work on other players. That is part of it I enjoy doing it, Have done it. But I am not going to dedicate myself to that, particularly since if you had read my post or quoted it honestly you would have seen that I didn't have much success doing that. You all have to accept that a player is not raider in waiting by definition Lots of people like doing things besides raiding eg profs quests leveling achieves etc etc. Consequently you can't just expect to make a raider out of any player(s) you see

05/14/2013 01:42 PMPosted by Jederos
It is incumbent on Blizzard to provide an environment which makes pugging current content possible.

blizz doesnt have to do anything besides providing a server for you to play on.

That's your opinion. Where is that written? If you knew anything about the market you would know Blizz is obligated to provide me a satisfactory experience. Why do you think they provided so much content much of it ornate and elaborate and extensive By your logic all they have to do is frop me in a grassy field somewhere and put few houses up with a monster or two and I ought to be satisfied cuz that's my server smh

It seems people are opposed to the skill issue but if you think about it the mass exodus that has been going on is directly correlated to lack of skill as a whole(server).

Well I'm not sure who you are talking to or about but the people I know who have left including an entire guild have left chiefly because the raiding situation was so lame
100 Night Elf Druid
Skagan makes a good point. I do remember back when I first started raiding that we would set aside the purple BoEs if people in our group couldn't use them. They went to other SFOS raid team members and/or guild members we pug'ed often instead of the winner selling them on the AH. However, I seem to recall getting screwed over a few times when we helped gear up a player but then they hopped guilds to join another team. That may have affected our willingness to continue doing that. It's unfortunate that those people ruined it for others.

Just wanted to note though: It's not always that the more progressed players are unwilling to help.I think some players are too nervous to approach the more progressed players to ask for help. I know I was back before I started raiding.

I keep saying this: I'M WILLING TO HELP PEOPLE LEARN. Despite how bad that pally tried to make me out to be, I assure you, I'm actually an approachable and helpful person.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
<------Is really enjoying this thread. Now has bowl of popcorn. NOM NOM NOM
90 Blood Elf Monk
how is it out of context. Yes you said you did it before but you are unwillingly to do so now, which doesnt help the current situation in which you are complaining about. Find me where blizzard states it will cater to each individuals needs on what they consider is a good gaming experience. You also answered your last point for me. Raiding is lame because why? they didnt have an active pool of qualified raiders to pull from to down current content. I mean if you had 10 people 100% commited there would be no reason to leave server cuz you would be downing bosses right? I'm sure they didnt leave just for a scenery change
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Phaydre I have always respected what you have to say and your knowledge of the game. Also how much care you have for this realm and game. I would transfer over to alliance to play with you guys but I can't play as much as you guys would need and I am far behind. I know about players taking advantage of the guilds by taking things and peoples help than leaving it is hard to keep doing it after that happens.
Edited by Skagan on 5/14/2013 4:51 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest
I was VERY ACTIVE in the pug community just ask anyone. Probably more so than you. I have pugged with complete pugs as well as pugged into many guild runs ally and horde side. I am not ignorantly insulting anyone. I made connection to players ability and personal responsibility.

People need to take stuff better instead of taking offense so easily. If I sucked badly on a boss and my raid leader said you are sucking it up and made suggestions I don't get defensive and call him ignorant.
90 Blood Elf Monk
self entitlement is strong with this one /yoda
90 Blood Elf Priest
Greeting fellow area-52 transfers from dramamere!
100 Human Paladin
05/14/2013 04:47 PMPosted by Ayàno
how is it out of context. Yes you said you did it before but you are unwillingly to do so now

Umm yeah cuz it's not possible for me on my own or even with a few other palyers to make the realm raid ready. And if you put 2 + 2 together you will see that I am saying that I will not engage in a proven futile exercise particularly one that requires the amount of time and energy as the one you suggest. As I said previously it hasn't worked out very well. People lose interest or they quit playing or their scheds change or whatever. Talk about naive. You seem to think you can just take any player and turn them into a raider smh And it's' not just an estimation I'm making. I know empirically that it is a low percentage play It is unfair and unreasonable of you to demand of me that I spend tremendous amount of time and energy on what is a near futile task (In fact it against the law in some states to make someone engage in a futile task just as an aside) and one that if there were a reasonable chance of success involved I don't feel I should have to undertake. Blizzard should design the realms so that they are well populated, populated at least sufficiently to be able to pug current content And Blizzard should be able to make adjustments on the fly as realms change and die.

No going to keep reinventing the wheel. Reasons I gave for not attempting to make the realm raid ready are here
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8796360516#17

Find me where blizzard states it will cater to each individuals needs on what they consider is a good gaming experience.

Is this a joke? Do you work for Blizzard or something?? Are you seriously trying to say that my satisfaction as a customer excludes access to current content? I mean can I get a smiley on that one at least? Let me see now, Blizzard goes out of its way to promote this raid content, GROUP content btw, spending lots on advertising it, virtually making it its flagship symbol for the expansion and you say it is unreasonable to want to access it???
I guess it's strange for someone to buy a new sedan and want to get in the front seat...

You also answered your last point for me.

In your mind maybe.

Raiding is lame because why? they didnt have an active pool of qualified raiders to pull from to down current content. I mean if you had 10 people 100% commited there would be no reason to leave server cuz you would be downing bosses right? I'm sure they didnt leave just for a scenery change

Utterly unintelligible. Let me take a shot at this anyway. The issue here is the lack of players on this realm which makes pugging so difficult which consequently makes getting access to current content difficult. The reason they all left was because they couldn't find players to raid with at leas t none on a consistent basis. That is because the realm has such a samll raiding ready player base and also due to the rate at which people are leaving the realm. They were tired of trying to find a raid team. They were tired of trying to pug raids. Yes I suppose there were times they were dissatisfied with the quality of some of the pugs, but that is to be expected. The problem was in that case the poor quality of the pugs only emphasized the problem and exacerbated their frustration with the lame raiding scene on this server a problem which can be traced directly to the low population particularly the low raiding population on this realm I can't put it any more simply than that.
100 Human Paladin

If you are choosing to stay on server for whatever reason then by default you are accepting the realm conditions and makes your argument moot.

Now that's a fair point. Despite the extensiveness of my participation in this thread, I have in fact made peace for the most part with the lame raiding situation on this realm. I've changed the subject and am happily working on achieves. That will content me till things change for the better

In any case, I've made more out of this issue than I intended. I'm done here. Have fun
90 Blood Elf Priest
Posted by Jederos
It is incumbent on Blizzard to provide an environment which makes pugging current content possible.

blizz doesnt have to do anything besides providing a server for you to play on.

That's your opinion. Where is that written? If you knew anything about the market you would know Blizz is obligated to provide me a satisfactory experience. Why do you think they provided so much content much of it ornate and elaborate and extensive By your logic all they have to do is frop me in a grassy field somewhere and put few houses up with a monster or two and I ought to be satisfied cuz that's my server smh

Pretty sure yours is merely opinion as well. Also where is it written that Blizz is obligated to make you happy. Blizzard of course will attempt to please as many players as possible as its their cash cow but I also assume at some point there is a limit to what they feel is needed. Putting in time and man power to merge realms for a few thousand players on Darrowmere certainly does not trump making sure that 5.3 rolls out for the other millions of subscribers. I hate the food at Sonic... for gods sake don't they know its incumbent on them to change their recipes to make sure that I enjoy it?
Edited by Meeks on 5/14/2013 8:25 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest
05/14/2013 04:40 PMPosted by Jederos
Second, it is not up to me to make this realm raid ready.

Oh but it is. Blizzard provides the service. They created content and realms to play on. It is not their job to make sure players/realms are raid ready it is the players themselves that have to carry that burden. It is EVERYONE'S personal responsibility (oh there it is again.... I really like those two words) to make any community whether it be in real or virtual a place you enjoy.

Also some players I know love Darrowmere the way it is. They like the small population. Many have transferred off or tried a reroll on a big pop then came back because they liked it better.
90 Blood Elf Monk
Also some players I know love Darrowmere the way it is. They like the small population. Many have transferred off or tried a reroll on a big pop then came back because they liked it better.

I feel this way. Unfortunately i love to raid and my time spent on darrowmere was horde side so you know comming back in my eyes isnt worth the trouble but i still keep in touch with a few players and attempt xrealm stuff if it arises. hehe i think when my old guild broke up either sfos or iop tried recruiting me back at the start of 5.1, almost did it to come back "home".
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]