Exploit in battlegrounds

90 Blood Elf Mage
I was in an Isle of Conquest battleground when I started getting this pop up window in the middle of my screen. It was slowly typing out songs such as "The song that never ends". When the window was up I was unable to interact in the battleground and if I attempted to close the window it would just pop up again. After multiple attempts I would be able to hit the close button and it would go away. It would shortly return. I saw multiple people in the chat stating that they were having the same issue. The window was grey with the word Import in the upper right hand corner. Off to the side it said Paste text that was previously exported into the text area to the left. This pop up prevented any type of fair game play. I am assuming someone on the other team was the one starting the exploit because they eventually just graveyard camped us over and over again in their base.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You should perhaps find the addon with the gag in it and either disable the addon or manually code out the nuisance window.

By default, WoW has no facilities to automatically copy/paste things in the default UI. That's not to say that the functions don't exist, just that they're not "advertised" in any way, shape or form. This is, however, a functionality offered by a great many addons ranging from chat mods to spell alert mods to background art mods. Someone, somewhere, evidently thought it would be a great idea to be abusive with such an addon.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Just ran into the same thing in an IoC
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
I was in that IoC and got the same.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
If you are having this problem please list out the add-ons you have, if you are getting this issue with all add-ons disabled please speak up.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I had this problem just now, in ioc like the others. The only addon which I knew added some sort of copy / paste functionality was prat, but disabling that did not get rid of the window. I wasn't able to test addons one at a time like I would have wanted to because I was trying to adapt to not having any addons during pvp.

full list of addons:

altoholic
atlasloot
auctionator
badboy
bartender
chibar
chienergybar
chinchilla minimap
classtimer
datastore
dbm
grid2
healers have to die
jshb
ka holy power
kgpanels
lilsparky's workshop
magemanabar
mik's scrolling battle text
mogit
move anything
pitbull
postal
prat
recount
skillet
tellmewhen
titan panel
tidy plates
vend o matic
voidtransmog
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]