MW Monk LF 3's Healing Advice

90 Orc Monk
I've been having a bit of trouble healing 3's and wanted a bit of clarification on a few issues.

I was wondering where I should position myself during and after a rogue opener. My shadow priest usually gets opened on and I'll sit near him during the opener. So I'm wondering, should I be sitting near my shadow priest in the opener, or should I be at max range trying to heal him from there? I just don't want to get sap'd -> feared if I'm too far away (especially with the crazy fear pathing), but at the same time I don't want to be too susceptible to CC from sitting close to the action. Where should I stand on a rogue opener, and where should I move after we recover?

My second question also has to do with positioning, but this time it's about pushing into their pillar. On maps like nagrand and tolvir when my arena partners sometimes push into the opposing teams pillar, I was wondering where I should stand while they're going in for a kill. Should I hug the wall and try to heal them from an angle, should I try to drop healing orbs without actually coming into their line(have them run through them as they need), or should I push in with them?

I know there's probably not a general rule for this, but how and when do you decide to use zen med? If it's a team like MLD I'll usually try to use it on dark soul chaos bolts, but against teams like god comp and shatter play it's usually a bit harder to decide when to do it. I generally think its better to dispel the deep freeze on my partner, instead of trying to soak up the damage with zen med, but maybe I'm looking at the situation incorrectly.

My final question has to do with the monk healing rotation. Currently I'll channel my soothing mist and try to rely on chi-wave/renewing mist/enveloping mist for normal damage, and then spam surging mist with a thunder tea when someone is getting bursted. I've heard that some of the top monks like dannycarey spam healing orbs quite a bit. So I was wondering if I should be weaving those in as well, and if I do start using healing orbs more should I use them for burst healing or for healing normal damage?

If anyone knows a general healing positioning guide I would really appreciate that too.

Thanks for the advice!
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
You'd have to dig for it (I have been for the last 15 minutes or so but haven't had any luck, and it's pretty late) but there is a thread somewhere with a 2.2 or 2.3k MW that was answering a few questions while giving out some standard advice. I am by no means an expert on anything, especially not MW so I can't help you out personally, but I was really hoping to link you to that thread.

It was in the monk forums iirc.

EDIT:

FOUND IT
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8796590252

I'd see about contacting pillow in game. They seem pretty friendly and could give you some advice as well.

Best of luck!
Edited by Kallìk on 5/12/2013 3:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
You'd have to dig for it (I have been for the last 15 minutes or so but haven't had any luck, and it's pretty late) but there is a thread somewhere with a 2.2 or 2.3k MW that was answering a few questions while giving out some standard advice. I am by no means an expert on anything, especially not MW so I can't help you out personally, but I was really hoping to link you to that thread.

It was in the monk forums iirc.

EDIT:

FOUND IT
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8796590252

I'd see about contacting pillow in game. They seem pretty friendly and could give you some advice as well.

Best of luck!

Thanks! I forgot that the monk forums exist, I'll see if he can answer some of my questions.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Bump
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]