Bring back auras

90 Human Paladin
got just bring them back, devo aura and ret aura were the best
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Retribution Aura stopped being good like four years ago.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
They were next to useless, a dated relic that they could never properly balance for fear of making them too powerful.

That said I dearly miss them from a lore/flavor perspective.

Instead of removing them they should all have been turned into CD's like Devotion Aura.

Retribution Aura could be a Paladin version of Stormlash totem but with Holy Damage.

Devotion Aura could be made into a variation on the Warrior Demoralizing Banner.

Crusader Aura could be a group sprint similar to the Druid roar ability.

Concentration Aura could do what Devo does now, although perhaps a bit weaker then at present to balance it out.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 5/13/2013 12:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Would give my right arm just to have judgement of light and / or wisdom back even if its in a form of "empowered judgement proc" (aka art of war besides exo proc now empowers your judgement - to light or wisdom)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
auras are better than nothing, and ya id kill for JoL/W/J
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
They were next to useless, a dated relic that they could never properly balance for fear of making them too powerful.

I agree.

We bring so much raid/group utility outside of passive auras that they would have to be entirely flavor or we would need our other utility nerfed to compensate. I don't think it would be a necessary or really wise change overall. In fact, given how ToT is playing out, it seems like Paladin utility is just too strong overall - entire encounter strategies are based around Hand of Protection and Divine Shield usage, and other abilities like Devo Aura and Hand of Purity/Sacrifice/etc. are just such amazing cooldowns.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I remember "change your crusader aura" during groups. I was thinking: to what? which aura is more useful? Those auras were bad.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I remember "change your crusader aura" during groups. I was thinking: to what? which aura is more useful? Those auras were bad.

"Whose the jackass with crusader aura on?"

I really miss it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Instead of removing them they should all have been turned into CD's like Devotion Aura.

Retribution Aura could be a Paladin version of Stormlash totem but with Holy Damage.

Devotion Aura could be made into a variation on the Warrior Demoralizing Banner.

Concentration Aura could do what Devo does now, although perhaps a bit weaker then at present to balance it out.

I love this idea.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

I agree!

I think the problem Blizzard is running into is that they are trying to reduce the number of buttons each class has. A blue was recently quoted saying they feel every class still has too many buttons.

I can see their perspective, but at the same time, it would be neat to see useful versions of the old auras like you mentioned. I think a lot of paladins would agree that the old auras were pretty darn boring the way they were, and I don't miss them. Like you, though, I miss the lore/flavor aspect of them and would like to see them fit in somehow.
Edited by Bravehearth on 5/13/2013 9:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I love this idea.

I agree!

Good, now everyone go nag GC on Twitter about it. :P

05/13/2013 09:06 PMPosted by Bravehearth
that they are trying to reduce the number of buttons each class has.

That is the rub, a lot of classes are beginning to approach a bloated level of buttons. Still I think Paladins have room for three more, and some of them could be spec specific I suppose.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 5/13/2013 11:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
One of the things that keeps bringing players to the paladin area of the kiddie pool is the fact that we don't have as many buttons to press as, say, shaman, warrior, or hunter (though hunters are not lacking in players). I don't miss auras even though I managed them since classic. They came in handy on resistance-based fights, but they were kind of, well, passive.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
One of the things that keeps bringing players to the paladin area of the kiddie pool is the fact that we don't have as many buttons to press as, say, shaman, warrior, or hunter (though hunters are not lacking in players). I don't miss auras even though I managed them since classic. They came in handy on resistance-based fights, but they were kind of, well, passive.

Actually, believe it or not I use just as many binds for my paladin as I do for my warrior (actually, my pally has more if you count the fact that I double up things like my hand spells via alt modifiers to reduce button numbers).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]