The Fate of Morbent Fel

36 Human Priest
I'm back again with another head scratcher. I looked on wowhead but the comments are almost 2 years old.

I went in the graveyard at raven hill and killed 20 ghouls that you get with morbent fel. Easy peasy. Not quiet but easier than finding this guy.

I felt uneasy in the middle of the graveyard with all the trials and surrounded by ghouls so I went back outside and followed the fence to the right until I came to the house and on the Mor'Ladim who I mistook for Morbent. I went back killed him again when I found out I was wrong and searched the house, no luck.

Then I get another quest (at the grave) to speak with someone in duskwood which leads me back to kill Mor'Ladim...for the 3rd time and the fate of Morbent. According to comments at wowhead I need to look for a witches hat in the house. Is that right?

I seem to get excited and overlook the obvious but I don't remember seeing a hat either downstairs or upstairs.

Again I do appreciate your help.

Valanne
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Ah, yes. Morbent fel is a tough one to find for newbies. He's underground in a crypt. If you don't want to fight the giant elite bone-construct there is another way in.

It's less direct and you'll have to fight a bunch of smaller and much easier things. On the western side of the graveyard, in the pit entrance (you had to go in there before once already for another quest). Follow the pit down until you get to a roughly dug-out room that looks like it's on the verge of collapse. In the back of that room along one of the side walls you'll see a narrow and crude tunnel. Go through there and after fighting off a couple more bone spiders and perhaps a toxic blob or two, you'll come to a large room filled with creatures and morbent fel in the back.

Or you could just fight the bone construct and go down the crypt stairs he's guarding, straight to morbent fel.

I do believe you want that hat and a couple of other items that quest chain sends you to pick up first though before fighting him. As those items take away some of his powers and makes him easier to kill.
Edited by Avanna on 5/13/2013 2:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
36 Human Priest
Or you could just fight the bone construct and go down the crypt stairs he's guarding, straight to morbent fel.

That is Mor'ladim isn't it"

After killing him I went up the steps and killed several more inside and one upstairs.

Morbent Fel is in the house isn't he?

I really don't mind going back I did get 2 spidersilks for my wizards robe and the ghouls drops gear I can disenchant. But I do want to finish up this quest string.

Valanne
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
There's two main bosses in that area:
One dude with the glowy red sword wandering about
One dude in the crypt creating all the ghouls and skeletons up above.
I can't remember which name belongs to which one.

The dude in the crypt USED to be in the house before Cataclysm.
See, in the original way it was: He was an evil necromancer raising all the dead in Raven Hill, based out of that creepy house at the back of the cemetery. You had to assemble parts of a special staff to be able to knock out his magical shield so you could kill him.

NOW, post Cataclysm, the storyline has been caught up with the events of classic. So all the NPC's in the area are like: We killed the dude a few years ago, why are all these undead still walking around and constantly coming to life? So, you being the hero and all, they send you to investigate his house and find out what he left behind. You find his hat and bring it back, the guy you talk to realizes through some magic that the necromancer is still active (just he's undead now) and therefore likely operating out of the crypt he was buried in under his house. So you have to go re-kill him again.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
You will end up killing him in the crypt, but you're not there yet if you're still on the quest that you used as the title for this thread. Basically, I think you got ahead of yourself.

You need to go into the house and find his clothes. You won't find HIM there (like I said, he's hiding in the crypt). Once you bring his clothes back to the quest giver you'll get the next quest in the chain. The chain ends with you going into the crypt and killing him (this time for quest credit because you'll be on that particular quest).
Reply Quote
36 Human Priest
Basically, I think you got ahead of yourself.

I'm doing that a lot it seems.

I clicked on a grave marker to the right of the house the last time I was there and that gave me a history book? that I took back to darkshire to give somebody to read. Then he sent me to the captain who sent me back to kill Mor'Ladim.

Now if I understand correctly I need to kill Mor'Ladim and collect clothing that belongs to Fel and when I bring that to the worygen at raven hill I'll get another quest to kill Morbent Fel who's not in the house but the crypt. I assume the crypt is behind the house or near it.

I really do try to figure this out and not ask so many questions but lots of time I come to a dead-end. And I appreciate y'all's patience.

Valanne
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Now if I understand correctly I need to kill Mor'Ladim and collect clothing that belongs to Fel

Not that I can recall. I don't think the Mor'Ladim and Fel questlines are tied together like that.

The grave next to the house has nothing to do with you finding the hat inside the house.
Reply Quote
36 Human Priest
Not that I can recall. I don't think the Mor'Ladim and Fel questlines are tied together like that.

I'll let you know how it turns out in a few hours as I'm trying once more.
Reply Quote
36 Human Priest
I just left raven hills and my nerves are jangled.

This time there was no bad dude out front of the house and the hat was very visible on the second floor. Could I have missed seeing it that badly before? I guess I did.

I went back and got the quest for the staff or light whatever it is. I found it in the cementary using my map or I would have went back to the house. I became confused at that point because I didn't know whether to see if I could go into the ground there or where the map indicated Mor'Ladim was. I recalled you saying there was two ways to, above ground, kill Mor'Ladim and then underground or follow the tunnel over.

My nerves were shot and my preconceived notion of where the crypt and Morbent Fel lies caused me to rethink and regroup. So I retreated to SW to chill.

Avanna you are right the house only hold the clothes and big, bad, and ugly out front is not Mor'Ladim. This shapes up to be a real "boo harry" melee.

Valanne
Reply Quote
55 Human Warlock
Sounds like u are getting confusing advice from people who have not done these quests recently. Allow me to add my 2 cents. There are a couple of houses, it's the further one that contains the HAT upstairs. You sometimes run into Mor-Ladim in that area, but he is a separate quest (bad game design, if you ask me). Once you get the quest to find the light forged rod, you head to the crypt. The first '?' is on the oustside of the crypt. You then take the next quest, which takes you inside the crypt (there is a chained series of short quests you are doing in the crypt). Just keep accepting the quests, going further and further into the crypt. You will eventually end up in a room with Morbent Fel and some other nasty guys. By the time you are at this point, you will have a thingy to weaken Morbent Fel so you can defeat him. It's the other badies in this room that you have to watch out for. They are between you and Morbent Fel. Try to take them one at a time. If you are unlucky/careless, you mayl find yourself taking on two at once, lol...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
As Sophistry noted, they are two different questlines. Mor'Ladim is Morgan Ladimore, as the Darkshire folks mention. Since he is an elite, probably at or near your level, it is recommended to bring others with you when you attack him. I think killing him is the last of that questline.

As for Morbent Fel, it sounds like you found the hat, and it has always been there, since the Cataclysm struck, on every character that I've run the quests on. As others have said, the rest of the questline leading up to Morbent Fel can get quite disorienting in the crypts and caves. You can either fight a large skeleton to enter one side, or you can search the area for a collapsed digsite type of area, and go that way.

Hopefully you have an idea of what to do next, so good luck. :)
Reply Quote
36 Human Priest
Just an update I killed Mor'Ladim and got his skull.

You can either fight a large skeleton to enter one side, or you can search the area for a collapsed digsite type of area, and go that way.

Unfortunately I decided to fight the skeleton and Mor'Ladim re spawned and double-teamed me. I was surprised how quickly it went downhill from there. The good thing though is I was already in the graveyard and didn't need to travel far to resurrect.

I retreated and left for SW to rethink a strategy. I think I could have beaten just the skeleton man.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Just an update I killed Mor'Ladim and got his skull.

You can either fight a large skeleton to enter one side, or you can search the area for a collapsed digsite type of area, and go that way.

Unfortunately I decided to fight the skeleton and Mor'Ladim re spawned and double-teamed me. I was surprised how quickly it went downhill from there. The good thing though is I was already in the graveyard and didn't need to travel far to resurrect.

I retreated and left for SW to rethink a strategy. I think I could have beaten just the skeleton man.

In many of these newer zones (the level 1-60 quests before you go to Outland were revamped in the Cataclysm expansion), the respawn rates for enemies are a lot faster than it used to be. Before, monsters would take a longer time to come back, which meant if someone got to that enemy before you, you'd be standing around for a while waiting for that monster again.

I also believe that respawn rates increase with the number of players in the area all killing the same monsters. (With the Cross-Realm Zones, this is likely to be the case.) So the best tip is--once you complete a quest objective, collect your loot and escape to a safe distance away.
Reply Quote
36 Human Priest
I have just decided I'll try again. This time I'll pull that skeleton guy to my left and if Mor'Ladim re-spawns I should be far enough away for him to stay out of it.

But I'm going better prepared mentally as well as gear wise. I discovered I have scroll of intellect, elixir of wisdom and elixir of minor defense. Those increase my armor by 25 and intellect by 9. Every bit helps. I may swap my gear around to get more stamina (greater health) and less spirit as my mana reg seems more than sufficent.

I do wish I had the dual spec as I feel the shadow set is a better match.

Then again I may just wait in SW and do a fishing daily until the auction is over and dual spec then go back. I like to feel prepared as I can. Those so and so's beat me once and payback is a b#&@h! I take getting killed personal.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Those so and so's beat me once and payback is a b#&@h! I take getting killed personal.

Hee hee. I think we all have a few of those! There used to high level sharks in the Stormwind Harbor. When I got to a high enough level, I'd always have to kill them just because I could while I was waiting for a boat.

And I made a special trip back to Teldrassil to find a certain "Sethir the Ancient" at about level 25 or so - teach him to call a bunch of homeys like the sissy he is.

:o)

<S>
Reply Quote
20 Draenei Priest
05/18/2013 12:59 PMPosted by Sylth
And I made a special trip back to Teldrassil to find a certain "Sethir the Ancient" at about level 25 or so - teach him to call a bunch of homeys like the sissy he is.

Aaaaaahhh I still do that!!!
Reply Quote
36 Human Priest
I'll admit it that graveyard gives me the creeps. I can just feel those creepy 'undead' stalking me. The spiders are kind of fun to kill, though.

I went back tonight as shadow priest to try again and the difference in style is almost night and day compared to disc.

I first went to westfall at sentinel hill to get familiar with playing shadow. The trolls there are predictable and they drop a lot of loot.

After killing spiders and several of the undead I had to leave. That place just depresses me and there was only about five other players in all of raven hill so after looting 2 spidersilks and some greens I can disenchant I left it for another day.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Valanne, while you're looking for elixirs and scrolls (some of which don't stack, btw), also look for wizard oil. It comes in three "levels" and I think you are the right level for the middle one. It's applied to your weapon, and increases intellect nicely. Lasts one hour. Usually pretty cheap on the AH.
Reply Quote
36 Human Priest
05/18/2013 07:19 PMPosted by Nebliina
also look for wizard oil.

I have or had some and tried to use it on every piece I had but I couldn't get it to work. Sometimes I overlook the obvious like tonight when I paid for dual specs on my priest and spending an hour before figuring out how to activate it. And another hour reconfiguring my UI for each spec.

I think I can make wizard oil and if I can use it too...so much the better.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Blood Elf Hunter
05/18/2013 08:24 PMPosted by Valanne
also look for wizard oil.

I have or had some and tried to use it on every piece I had but I couldn't get it to work. Sometimes I overlook the obvious like tonight when I paid for dual specs on my priest and spending an hour before figuring out how to activate it. And another hour reconfiguring my UI for each spec.

I think I can make wizard oil and if I can use it too...so much the better.

Wizard Oil only works on weapons. Check the tooltip to see exactly what the limitations are; depending on the type of wizard oil, it will only work on items of a certain item level.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]