What Healing Class 5.3

85 Human Mage
I'm rolling a new healer and was wondering which healer is most needed in 5.3 (and still viable for RBGS/arenas). Getting bored of my resto druid and wanting to level an alt but would like some input before I begin. Although I can get into RBG's as a resto druid they are frowned upon due to poor burst heals a lot of the time. I usually top charts in heals anyways but since I'm set on a new alt, I was wondering what class it should be.

I have begun leveling a resto shammy but am willing to hear out your opinions.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
You should play what you enjoy.

Also, the "most desired" healing class is going to vary from RBG to RBG, because it's comp dependent. No class is unviable. So play what you like.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
You should play what you enjoy.

Also, the "most desired" healing class is going to vary from RBG to RBG, because it's comp dependent. No class is unviable. So play what you like.

she's lying to you, you gotta play what's op!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
blood dk
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

she's lying to you, you gotta play what's op!

blood dk

:D!

But yeah just play what you enjoy. Holy pallies always seem pretty strong but I prefer the mobility of a druid :D (and a monk too!).
Edited by Veroicone on 5/14/2013 8:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
If you said Shaman or Druid. Sorry. That is incorrect.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
If you said Shaman or Druid. Sorry. That is incorrect.

Shaman and druids are incredibly viable in PvP, so sorry, you are incorrect.

To the OP, I am currently leveling a resto shaman, and enjoying every minute of it. However, probably the best all-around healer right now, both PvE and PvP, is a holy paladin. Personally, I find them somewhat boring to play, at least compared to my druid, but they are just about indestructible in PvP (if your team knows what they are doing, of course), and they haven't been considered a "weak" healer, well, ever.

They can be a bit harder to level, if you aren't a fan of dungeon/BG spam, simply because they aren't very strong offensively if you are questing, and carrying two different sets of gear is a pain. In addition, they do not have the heirloom selection other healers do, so your poor lowbie pally will often find her/himself wearing newspapers and empty bourbon barrels while leveling.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
so your poor lowbie pally will often find her/himself wearing newspapers and empty bourbon barrels while leveling.

Art imitates life? Good thing I like bourbon >.>

@OP, resto shammies are a ton of fun - you just have to learn to optimize your toolkit, just like any other class. That mastery!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Shammys for the win
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Shammys for the win

Not only are you wrong for nercoing

But you're wrong about the class.

GOTTA PICK WHAT'S OP BRO
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]