Tiny Carp Club

90 Undead Warlock
Finally, after far far too much fishing I have all four of the tiny carps.

Oh tiny carps, I love you almost as much as I am tired of fishing.

Anyone else managed to get the full set yet?

Best of luck to everyone trying and just to note - maximum fishing skill is clearly not required as I caught two of them on another toon as I slowly worked up the fishing skill of other toons just to add some variety to the fishing grind.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
No, so far just the ONE....been fishing next to the brewery for HOURS...and nothing

on the other side of the coin, I was able to get the Seahorse in like 20 casts....go figure.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
They better evolve into Gyarados for all the effort you have to put into catching them. xD

I tried fishing for about an hour the other day in Townlong with no luck. It was the redbelly mandarin fishing "daily" over there, so I figured I'd give it a go. Can never bring myself to sit and fish for that long at a time though.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
I got all 4 :D
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I'm just missing the red one =( Over 2000 casts so far, and still fishing a little every day lol!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Nat Pagle and I become great friends in 5.2.

Carp are more my speed than whale sharks and giant berzerker eels when it comes to telling fish tales.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
Had them all for a while, as I actually like fishing. >>;

Got an extra green one I saved, too. Can't wait to sell it come the patch.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
We'll have to all get together and have a pure tiny carp pvp battle sometime.

How did you get an extra one? I thought they were unique.

The Red was the one that took me forever as well, just kept working that lake next to the tamer up there.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
05/15/2013 03:00 PMPosted by Merkit
I thought they were unique.

Soulbound, but not unique (well, unique in the journal, but not in the backpack). Duplicates can happen (I'm not 100% sure if they can drop for the same character).
Edited by Eternosus on 5/15/2013 4:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
We'll have to all get together and have a pure tiny carp pvp battle sometime.

How did you get an extra one? I thought they were unique.

The Red was the one that took me forever as well, just kept working that lake next to the tamer up there.

They're unique in the book, but I caught a spare green on my hunter the day after I farmed it on Jade Lungfish day, like my third cast, as opposed to the 700+ casts I made to get the first one. I cursed mightily, then tucked it in my bank, just in case. And for once, Blizzard is not nerfing fun. :p So it hopefully will catch me a tidy profit.
Edited by Kijali on 5/15/2013 3:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I got White as my first one in the first 10 casts from the pools in Kun-Lai. Then proceeded to fill 4 guild bank tabs with fish from pools before giving up. Decided to fish open water a few weeks later and got the other 3 all within 12 hours!

My fishing items have all been returned to the bank. I don't want to see them again for the rest of the expansion.
Reply Quote
93 Worgen Death Knight
Have all but the red. so far at about 6k~ catches for that one >_>
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
I got one and gave up. I'll just make some poor sap rich come next patch, buying them from the AH.
Reply Quote
2/4

Wonder how much they will sell for in next patch? Their moveset is nothing to be excited about and neither is their look - but they are pretty rare to get.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
I got all four last month after a good long time of fishing; took me two weeks almost and many sessions (I'm looking at you white carp!). my guess is after the hype calms down, they'll go for around 5kish depending on the server when 5.3 hits.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
After 3k+ casts, have yet to see one.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Caught the red today after about 3000 casts. That was the only one I still needed. Even managed to get the mount along the way. :D
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
I've been trying for the red (only one I need) from the Spinefish pools, and I've been wondering: Has anyone yet CONFIRMED that one can drop from said pools? I've done about a thousand casts so far and I'd hate to be wasting my time. I can't really get to 725 fishing without a lot of effort so I'd love if I could just get it from pools.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Red only comes from dread wastes or townlong lakes.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Worgen Warlock
It took me 560 casts but I got the green one.

I think I'm gonna go ahead and pass on trying to fish up the others.

Seriously. For that effort I wish this thing pooed gold.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]