Nintendo's hit MMO expansion: Bald Eagleland

90 Goblin Rogue
Nintendo has announced an expansion to their worldwide hit MMO World of Mario, to be titled Plains of Bald Eagleland.

The expansion will feature a new race called the Eagle-o, which are strapping bald eagle like creatures that wear ten gallon hats and are hardened by a life of poverty in the trailer park. They like to chew tobacco and spit it into empty plastic bottles which they throw at their enemies as their racial ability, and they have a love for Pabst Blue Ribbon.

A new class will be introduced called the Gunslinger. What really needs to be said about them? I think you know. Bald eagles with guns.

Among the new zones will be an arid desert with a big canyon, a rolling grassland with huge herds of buffalo inhabited by a peaceful race of red-skinned humanoids called the Caricachoree, and a glittering metropolis beset on one side by magnificent wealth and on the other by crime, destitution and starvation.

-----

So my question(s) to you, dear WoW player, is:
1. How would this hypothetical expansion to this hypothetical MMO be received in Mexico, or Canada, or any number of other "Western" countries that are not the US?
2. How would it be received in the US, where players would be treated to a litany of stereotypes purveyed by Japanese game designers?
3. Now, how might a player in Korea receive a so-called Asia-themed, but clearly China-centric expansion?
4. And how might a player in China react to a game loaded with Kung Fu movie and other stereotypes from a Western game studio?
Edited by Hablix on 5/8/2013 2:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Your drugs, you should share them and not sure if u mad bro?
Reply Quote
Your drugs, you should share them and not sure if u mad bro?

Yes
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
the answer is C. It's always C.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Plains of Bald Eagleland.

What a horrible title, then again, it is Nintendo.

I would've made it "Valley of the Eagle"

Much better sounding.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
05/08/2013 02:51 PMPosted by Darigato
Seems a bit harsh when it was the OP that made the name.
Reply Quote
13 Orc Warrior
If Nintendo made a Pokemon MMO then it's game over man. I would so play that.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
05/08/2013 02:53 PMPosted by Calfredd

Nintendo is not in the best place at the moment.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Weird troll OP aside,

I'm not a console gamer, so I have to ask: is Nintendo still relevant?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
OP took this from MMO-Champion to make a satire about MoP in China.

Unfortunately, half of your ideas would fit alongside in WoW with such great themes as "Indiana Jones: The Zone"
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
troll or not
1. I look at like regional television programming. Or like how out of town reporters come to your state/city and make biased reports that glaringly shows a lack of knowledge about the area.

2. It wont surprise some people. It will shock others.

Screw the rest of the questions. I'll just put it this way. Ask former service members about how they are portrayed on some movies, games, and t.v. shows. I will tell you that a lot of the times, it's either way over-exaggerated, way too simplified, or just flat-out wrong. I still have not broken myself from the habit of telling my friends, "it's not really like that..etc" whenever we watch or play things that depict combat and non combat experiences. Serious.
Edited by Dendi on 5/8/2013 3:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
OP took this from MMO-Champion to make a satire about MoP in China.

Unfortunately, half of your ideas would fit alongside in WoW with such great themes as "Indiana Jones: The Zone"

Yes, it was intended to be satire to illustrate a point about the loss of subs in Asia, but apparently it didn't work out. Also got moved from General forum so that didn't help. (I was also the one who left that comment on MMO-Champ if you didn't notice.)
Edited by Hablix on 5/8/2013 3:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/08/2013 02:54 PMPosted by Darigato

Nintendo is not in the best place at the moment.
What are you talking about, they FINALLY announced the release of Earthbound for North American Wii-U virtual console!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]