New class combinations for Tauren and lore

90 Orc Warlock
Hey guys, I was just thinking about this the other day. It seems to me that the Tauren are a pretty restricted Race in terms of class combinations in this day and age in Warcraft. I propose an idea to allow Taurens to be maybe one or two more classes. I know this isn't a huge pressing issue, but I feel that it would be cool for people who share my love for our cow allies :P

What could be an interesting lore motive for Tauren to take up studying the arts of the mage? Or better yet Warlocks? They do have shadow priests!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Gnomes first.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
I could see Tauren warlocks, in theory, being brought in through the Grimtotem, mages wouldn't be too difficult to work out I think, though again Grimtotem may be the best way to bring them in.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Gnomes first.

Ewwwww gnomes!?!!?

lol, yea Gnomes are really restricted huh? It should be something like any given race can be any class except one. Like the dwarves, they can be anything except druids. Or trolls, everything except paladins.
Reply Quote
41 Gnome Priest
Yeah gnomes are the only race I think that can't wear a certain armor proficiency (Mail).
Reply Quote
05/10/2013 04:59 PMPosted by Gulzak
Gnomes first.

Ewwwww gnomes!?!!?

lol, yea Gnomes are really restricted huh? It should be something like any given race can be any class except one. Like the dwarves, they can be anything except druids. Or trolls, everything except paladins.

Gnomes cant be Druids, Paladins, Hunters, or Shaman, dude.

If I missed anything, feel free to add in, folks.
Reply Quote
05/10/2013 05:45 PMPosted by Cártian

Ewwwww gnomes!?!!?

not to go too far OT here but, one could probably easily explain shaman and hunters for the gnomes as well, paladin and druid might take a little bit more work though.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
Tauren have 8 classes and got 2 in Cata.

Gnomes and pandaren have 7. Draenei was the only race not to get anything in Cata. Tauren are fine with class selection.
Reply Quote

not to go too far OT here but, one could probably easily explain shaman and hunters for the gnomes as well, paladin and druid might take a little bit more work though.

Acutally, I"m just now realizing I read his post wrong. derp.

Yeah, Paladin is possible eventually given the fact they're priests already, but I dont think every race having all but one class should be a thing, because several of the races have no basis in lore for being more than one class they are missing. :P
Reply Quote
Shaman humans, and Orc Paladin. (?)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Shaman humans, and Orc Paladin. (?)

Would love to see this.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Or better yet Warlocks? They do have shadow priests!

Shadow Priests and Warlocks are NOT the same.

Priests use the power over the mind and spirit and Shadow magic but it isn't related to Demon magic at all.

I'm not saying don't give Tauren Warlocks but saying "they should be Warlocks because they have shadow priests" doesn't make sense.
This is of course assuming that Tauren even have Shadow Priests, Lore wise they might only have Holy or Disc, since they get their powers from the Sun.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
05/10/2013 06:10 PMPosted by Makkizz
Or better yet Warlocks? They do have shadow priests!

Shadow Priests and Warlocks are NOT the same.

Priests use the power over the mind and spirit and Shadow magic but it isn't related to Demon magic at all.

I'm not saying don't give Tauren Warlocks but saying "they should be Warlocks because they have shadow priests" doesn't make sense.
This is of course assuming that Tauren even have Shadow Priests, Lore wise they might only have Holy or Disc, since they get their powers from the Sun.

Thanks. I'm not that well versed in class lore, like what kind of power fuels each class. I read somewhere that to be able to train in warlock skills, you must first have mages. It's kind of like learning how to run, you have to be able to walk first.

Is this true?
Edited by Gulzak on 5/10/2013 6:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Is this true?

It certainly helps, I mean in theory, one could possibly start out training as a warlock (if they have an instructor) but even that training would likely involve much the same thing you would expect in normal magi training.
Reply Quote
Not until Alliance play catch up with the horde race/class combo's.

Still trailing by one.

Draenei Warlocks, and then one for horde and one for alliance at the same time.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk

Draenei Warlocks

When I say I want draenei lore to be developed I don't mean I want it taken out back and shot.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Not until Alliance play catch up with the horde race/class combo's.

Still trailing by one.

Alliance get hung up on this, yet almost any combination left either makes little sense lore wise or tilts the role/race combination in the favor of the alliance:

Warriors (tank/MDPS): 7 horde, 7 alliance
Paladins (tank/MDPS/Heal): 3 alliance, 2 horde
Priests (healer/RDPS): 7 alliance, 6 Horde
Shaman (Healer/RDPS/MDPS): 3 alliance, 5 horde
Rogue: (MDPS): 6 alliance, 6 Horde
Druids: (All roles) 2 alliance, 2 Horde
DKs: (Tank/MDPS) 6 alliance, 6 horde
Monk (tank, MDPS, Healer): 6 Alliance, 6 Horde
Warlocks (RDPS): 4 alliance, 5 Horde
Hunters (RDPS): 6 alliance, 7 horde
Mages (RDPS) 7 alliance, 6 horde

Roles:
Tank=Aliiance=7+3+2+6+6=24, Horde=7+2+2+6+6=23
Healer=alliance=3+7+3+2+6=21, Horde=2+6+5+2+6=21
MDPS=alliance=7+3+3+6+2+6+6=33, Horde=7+2+5+6+2+6+6=34
RDPS=alliance=7+3+2+4+6+7=29, Horde=6+5+2+5+7+6=31

Alliance has 1 more tank yet horde has 2 more RDPS and 1 more MDPS, DPS is technically a dime a dozen yet tanks are a core part of any dungeon or raid group. So it would be easy to add a DPS combo without tilting the balance, yet what would make sense lore wise?

Draenei warlocks: this would narrow the ranged DPS lead horde has yet lore wise? most "draenei" warlocks are Eredar in the service of the legion, chance of it happening=slim

Nelf Warlocks=another ranged DPS for alliance, lore wise? someone would have to pull another Illidan and take on the demon power "for the good of their people" at the cost of being made an outcast from their society, chance of it happening=slim

Gnome hunters=yet another ranged DPS possibility for alliance, Lore? in order to better provide for their forces trying to retake Gnomregan some Gnomes sought training from their Dwarf allies in the way of the hunter, now combining their Engineering savvy and the desire to co-exist with nature these gnomes now seek to prove that technology and nature don't have to be at adds and can actually support one another.

Once this race/class balance has been struck, it should be possible to keep everything relatively balanced as if they add another race/class combo to one, they can add an equivalent to the other (I.E. both sides can get another paladin, shaman, etc)
Reply Quote
The classes are fine stop with the qq.
Reply Quote
Draenei Warlocks

Seebach, why? Q.Q

Those should never exist. Draenei Rogues if anything.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]