Protection Warrior Secondary Stat Scaling

90 Pandaren Warrior
I've been meaning to see how much crit i can get/avoidance ill lose with excess rating (Still hit/exp capped, not at the expense of mastery)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I get that but you keep washing back and forth on DPS vs Both.

Also I dont think anyone else has a non zero dps gain from avoidance except paladins, so theres that.

All the OP has talked about is survivability, and dps gain from avoidance is not at all the point of this post.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I get that but you keep washing back and forth on DPS vs Both.

Also I dont think anyone else has a non zero dps gain from avoidance except paladins, so theres that.

All the OP has talked about is survivability, and dps gain from avoidance is not at all the point of this post.

His complaint is the other tanks have stats to stack that give both.

Or maybe its that we only have "one right way to do things", but thats stupid because everyone does, some just have larger or smaller gaps between right and wrong.

And I would honestly argue warriors fall into the latter. There is a strong case for warriors being the best class to gear wrong and still pass.

And before you tell me that last line wasn't his point, my point is if his point was the latter, its a wrong point and should be dismissed
Edited by Ðemolition on 5/11/2013 6:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior

His complaint is the other tanks have stats to stack that give both.

Or maybe its that we only have "one right way to do things", but thats stupid because everyone does, some just have larger or smaller gaps between right and wrong.

And I would honestly argue warriors fall into the latter

I am not saying the stats give them DPS, I am saying it gives them ways to gain resources for more survivability, the DPS is a plus, but not what I am arguing.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
read my edit.

Either you're wrong or you have a bad point to begin with.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
There is a strong case for warriors being the best class to gear wrong and still pass

This is what bothers me, that adds to how essentially meaningless our itemization becomes while others get to have a bit more open air to try new things.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I agree crit should give us a benefit.

But in the way it should function, it would be more rage. Which "technically non zero"(I would actually like to see the actual benefit mathed but MoP will be over before that happens) avoidance does for us now.

But given the avoidance is going out extinct, and its not as impactful as say a hastadin, we should just put the nail in the coffin and give warriors a benefit from crit.
Edited by Ðemolition on 5/11/2013 6:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I agree crit should give us a benefit.

But in the way it should function, it would be more rage. Which "technically non zero"(I would actually like to see the actual benefit mathed but MoP will be over before that happens) avoidance does for us now.

But given the avoidance is going out extinct, and its not as impactful as say a hastadin, we should just put the nail in the coffin and give warriors a benefit from crit.

The ideas I gave went two ways.
One was more rage via crit/haste (similar to Druid model)
Or my second, more out of the box, idea was to allow shield barrier to work around the damage you do (allowing scaling with crit/haste) instead of basing it off Vengeance.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Second would be OP as hell.

Former as I said should be crit.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT

lol Ji-Kun feed pools, Jin'Rokh, or any other sort of encounter-specific damage buff.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Obviously it would be scaled appropriately, the monk statue in those aspects gets taken advantage of as well, bubble the whole raid on Horridon etc.

Just an idea, food for thought if you will
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
05/11/2013 08:19 PMPosted by Arielle

lol Ji-Kun feed pools, Jin'Rokh, or any other sort of encounter-specific damage buff.

Yeah that'd be borderline insane.

I've kept saying they should just edit Enrage to read as the following:

"Mortal Strike, Bloodthirst, Colossus Smash, Shield Slam, Revenge critical strikes and critical blocks Enrage you, generating 10 rage and increases physical damage done by 10% for 6 seconds."

Have it respect the 3 sec ICD on rage generation via Critical Blocks and we may or may not have something that keeps us from filling our entire rage bar in two seconds.

then again, idk, there's probably something wrong with that I'm not thinking of.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

Uhh no. It just means hit and expertise are worthless when they're on gear.

Welcome to reforging, introduced forever ago.
DKs used to get the same benefit from hit/expertise warriors did until Blizzard buffed DKs to not need to land the DS to get Blood Shield. Now they get the max benefit they would have if they were hit/exp cap, without needing to get hit/exp cap, allowing them to reforge those stats into something more beneficial.

Still leaves 60% of the worthless stat on the gear, and last time I checked crit and haste were not on tank gear but hit/exp are.

Non DK tanks see hit/mastery piece, and gains survivability from both stats without a reforge. DK sees it and knows the hit left after reforging is useless.

The 'buff' you're talking about put Death Knights on the same footing as everyone else who didn't need their buttons to land for 100% survivability.

Hint- ShoR and BoK don't need to land to apply their AM buffs, this is not a death strike specific thing, and it's also 100% not the reason hit and expertise are worthless for Blood.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
Parry is a dps stat for prot wars, if you use it properly. As is Mastery.

Most Warriors use Shield Barrier in all situations. This is retarded. Block is almost as good survival wise, on phys bosses. Shield block is a good dps boost. Not just for synergy with the glyph, but extra rage from crit blocks.

It took 1 whole tier for them to knock me down from 2nd wol ranking on heroic stone guards. To 9th. I whole tier of gear. The only difference in our play styles was me using block to their barrier.

NOW prot Warrior stat scaling you should worry about. At some point in the future we will start falling behind, I think. At least thats what my projections have suggested. Admittedly they reverted some nerfs recently - so we'll see.
Edited by Matayas on 5/13/2013 2:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Most Warriors use Shield Barrier in all situations. This is retarded
Most warriors also spec Avatar :(
-----
Combat tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Parry is a dps stat for prot wars, if you use it properly. As is Mastery.

Most Warriors use Shield Barrier in all situations. This is retarded. Block is almost as good survival wise, on phys bosses. Shield block is a good dps boost. Not just for synergy with the glyph, but extra rage from crit blocks.

It took 1 whole tier for them to knock me down from 2nd wol ranking on heroic stone guards. To 9th. I whole tier of gear. The only difference in our play styles was me using block to their barrier.

NOW prot Warrior stat scaling you should worry about. At some point in the future we will start falling behind, I think. At least thats what my projections have suggested. Admittedly they reverted some nerfs recently - so we'll see.

1) I am not asking or questioning Parry or Mastery and their usefulness. Nor have I even brought up looking to do more damage, this is irrelevant to what I am talking about. Just because I am looking for usefulness out of crit and haste doesn't mean I am wanting to do more damage (sure more damage will come from it), I am addressing the fact that they provide no benefit for us compared to other tanks.

2) This is on a tangent as I don't see why you brought it up but I'll comment regardless because I have time to burn.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Mogu%27shan_Vaults/The_Stone_Guard/10H/Protection_Warrior/

Of the people above you only one of them went back and did it in higher gear than you at the time (8th of Feb) and all but two of them used Block over Barrier.
Getting a high rank on a fight isn't worth the boasting and lying about how prestigious it was when people can check you using Shieldwall DPS trinkets etc. (i.e. LONG after H MSV was relevant)

3) That is my point. I think, deciphering what you are saying. I am looking at other tanks essentially peeling away and toying with other stats while we are stuck with our Parry/Dodge/Mastery for life.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Most warriors also spec Avatar :(

But it makes me big :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
What should we be speccing instead of avatar? All 3 options seem to be dps abilities at their base.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Unless it has changed, bloodbath is better in all ways than avatar.
Edited by Chuinshao on 5/13/2013 8:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]