Denounce?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
HC
What is the point of this spell? A 1.5 second cast for 4sec of no crit seems so trivial. For PvP the casting time for the spell is almost always taken up by healing, and for PvE the time/mana is usually better spent on healing. Why not roll the effect in holy shock?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't feel like typing up a lengthy post at the moment explaining how you're wrong so just know that you're very wrong about the pvp usage of the spell. Stopping somebody from critting for 4 seconds (spammable) is massive.

btw it also works to stop healers from critting.
Edited by Martymcfly on 5/13/2013 1:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
HC
But doesn't the 1.5 sec cast time kind of prohibit its effectiveness in PVP?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Not at all, it scales with haste and using it on a DPS stops a significant amount of damage. There are extended periods of time where you don't need to be casting heals in pvp.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
HC
Ahh, makes sense then i suppose, haven't pvped much since hitting 90 (need to find some way to get better gear). So is it safe to say that it's practically useless for PVE?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I use it all the time to get some extra dps in whenever mana allows and no healing is needed. it just as usefull for pve as it is for pvp, some fights like lei shen ill prepot and dps with it for the first 20s of the fight.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Use it on a mage that's about to burst, GG. Hell use it on anything that's about to burst, the time spent casting is usually much less than it would be to otherwise heal through.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Ah, which part of the spell are you referring to as useless? Just the crit suppression? Because otherwise, denounce is the primary way in which Holy solos.

Holy Shock has a 6 second cooldown. Harsh Words is a glyph. Blizzard had to give Holy at least something to kill mobs with, and that something is a spammable dps spell. The crit suppression has situational PvP usage (situational because as Holy you are healing more often than not), rare usage in PvE.

Or, did you miss how it deals damage, too? I think that might be it. Denounce is a Holy spec only damage spell. It's how we kill stuff. The crit part is just added flavor.
Edited by Wards on 5/13/2013 11:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Slap a disc priest with it or a rival holy paladin. It just flat out guts their output.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
HC
Use it on a mage that's about to burst, GG. Hell use it on anything that's about to burst, the time spent casting is usually much less than it would be to otherwise heal through.

But if a mage is about to burst, they usually have you CCed, at which point you wouldn't be able to cast the spell. Right?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Not every time. Just because you're CC'd sometimes doesn't mean the spell shouldn't be used when you aren't. It can take off a ton of pressure.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
05/13/2013 08:20 PMPosted by Dingys

But if a mage is about to burst, they usually have you CCed, at which point you wouldn't be able to cast the spell. Right?

In a perfect world, but a lot of the time that CC gets MD'd, imp dispeled, trinketed or broken by stray dmg.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ironically this has to be my most spammed spell (besides holy shock... maybe) in PvP, PvE and soloing. So... no, definitely not useless.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ahh, makes sense then i suppose, haven't pvped much since hitting 90 (need to find some way to get better gear). So is it safe to say that it's practically useless for PVE?

It's your primary spell for soloing. Excluding HS and Glyphed Harsh words, it's about all we have. If I'm running around alone I cast this 3x as much as any other spell. When I have nothing to heal, it's about all we have.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]