Server channel for Raiding PUGs (Alliance)

100 Human Paladin
Hello folks!

I've noticed that as we are are sitting in Isle of Thunder waiting for our raid group to form, that there is a lot of pugging going on, guilds needing that one healer or that missing tank so that they can continue their guild ToT runs. On the flip side, there are those people looking for a pick-up guild run so that they can look into being recruited.

I'm going to open up a channel to help organize this. My guild (Dropouts) is currently recruiting, and we will be using this channel to find people that we can bring in to raid with us, who we do not already know. This saves us spamming channels in the cities, and gives people who want a chance to raid with a guild one channel that they can go into, and do whatever they like as they wait. Even if it's on an alt.

Other guilds, you are also more than welcome to join the channel to fulfill whatever needs you may have. I hope to get a lot of people in there so that we can open up our server's raiding community, and streamline it for everyone.

Naturally, I also hope to find some good people in there that can join our ranks!

The channel name is: Icecrowndropouts (you're not the dropout, we are!)

If you would like more information on our guild, and the sort of people we are, you can visit our website at http://dropouts.wowstead.com/
You can also contact myself or Trudey in-game if you have any questions. We'll stay active in the channel. (the U in my name is alt-0217).

Happy raiding!
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
There is still the ol' "LFR" tab under the social tab that once-upon-a-time allowed you to list your character, role, and a note for the zones you were interested in filling (10/25 ToC, ICC, etc.). The feature is so buried and forgotten that I'm not even sure it works quite right now.

Anyway, I personally like your idea to help foster some more PUGs around the server and would gladly support some casual PUGs on a decently geared Priest or Mage (even a well geared tank for 5.0/5.1 zones) on off-nights. Hit me up anytime #JRKY1478.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Bumping this. We've had some success with this so far. All are welcome :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]