Siege of Orgrimmar and Loot

(Locked)

88 Human Rogue
So I was thinking, how is the "legendaries for everyone" situation going to affect loot in Siege of Orgrimmar? Unless the ilvl jump from ToT to Siege is twice what it was from t14 to ToT, the ilvl 600 cloaks are probably going to BiS by a mile. Is Blizzard okay with every cloak they put in Siege (I doubt they'd leave the slot out of the loot table simply because most people did the legendary quest) being completely useless?

And won't this apply to weapons too? I've been expecting the legendary quest to culminate in a weapon judging from the fact that almost every legendary has been a weapon and seeing icons from beta and whatnot, will weapons that drop from Siege also be nearly useless? Or will the "Legendary" simply be an upgrade to weapons that drop in Siege?
100 Worgen Mage
There will still be non-legendary cloaks and weapons. Firelands had a staff but there were still other options in DS.
90 Night Elf Druid
I think the cloak will be the last part. Doubt they are going to bother with making a bunch of weapons. But that is just my opinion.

And as far as the cloaks being bis, yeah they will be. But not everyone will have one so they will still have cloaks on the loot table i suppose. Guessing 5.4 heroic gear will be in the 58somthing range so clocks being 15ilvl higher isn't all that crazy.
100 Human Priest
For people who aren't anywhere close to the legendary.

They probably just should have no cloaks drop and have a valor option, though.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
There will still be non-legendary cloaks and weapons. Firelands had a staff but there were still other options in DS.

Let's not forget the rogue weapons in DS.
90 Worgen Warlock
Some people have !@#$ty RNG and maybe they aren't that far in or that they main swapped for the good of the raid.

So yes, there will still be other stuff. Hell, DS had plenty of daggers.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
First of all, not EVERYONE keeps up with the legendary quest. Players have alts...players switch mains...new/old players start to raid...etc. So there will be plenty of cloaks and weapons (which have been said to once again, like DS, have cool effects!)
Edited by Ashlí on 5/20/2013 1:49 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Rogue

According to the live stream today, they are planning on NOT having any new VP gear in 5.4. VP will be used strictly for gear upgrades (+8 ilvl upgrades.)
100 Human Paladin

According to the live stream today, they are planning on NOT having any new VP gear in 5.4. VP will be used strictly for gear upgrades (+8 ilvl upgrades.)

I'm actually okay with this. Means I have to spend less time grinding Valor than I would normally. Well, assuming there's not another thing like requiring a 502 helm in order to use the Legendary Meta.

But if we get Legendary Weapons in 5.4, this probably won't be a concern..I hope. I'm still really confused how they're going to do the Legendary Quest in 5.4 though...I can understand Legendary Sigils in MV and Heart of Fear/Terrace, and Legendary Runestones and Secret Tablets in Throne of Thunder...But why would there legendary stuff just laying around in Ogrimmar that no one's noticed until now?
Edited by Darrensilten on 5/20/2013 2:06 PM PDT
88 Human Rogue
But if we get Legendary Weapons in 5.4, this probably won't be a concern..I hope. I'm still really confused how they're going to do the Legendary Quest in 5.4 though...I can understand Legendary Sigils in MV and Heart of Fear/Terrace, and Legendary Runestones and Secret Tablets in Throne of Thunder...But why would there legendary stuff just laying around in Ogrimmar that no one's noticed until now?

Bosses in Orgrimmar are corrupted by sha and when killed vomit sha material that you accumulate and have Wrathion slap onto some metal, and you have a legendary weapon.
Edited by Onnanoko on 5/20/2013 2:23 PM PDT
100 Human Paladin
05/20/2013 02:23 PMPosted by Onnanoko

Bosses in Orgrimmar are corrupted by sha and when killed vomit sha material that you accumulate and have Wrathion slap onto some metal, and you have a legendary weapon.

touche.
100 Night Elf Warrior
I'm going to guess that you will upgrade a 5.4 weapon to get the legendary weapon, adding a proc to an existing weapon and maybe some stats.

That way, all the weapon drops in the raid don't become wasted, in particular heroic weapons still remain exciting drops. Some people had particularly bad luck with Sha-touched weapons, but if there are as many weapons as there are in throne and if all of them work for the upgrade, most shouldn't have much difficulty getting one.
Edited by Asthas on 5/20/2013 3:30 PM PDT
10 Blood Elf Paladin
the new legendaries will be legendary in name only.

blizzard isnt going to allow 25 dragonwrath quality weapons to be acquired at the same time. not going to happen.
88 Human Rogue
blizzard isnt going to allow 25 dragonwrath quality weapons to be acquired at the same time. not going to happen.

They're going to give everyone a dragonwrath level weapon so they can make spine 2.0
Edited by Onnanoko on 5/20/2013 3:54 PM PDT
100 Dwarf Death Knight
Everyone having a freebie dragonwrath
vs
Only a few classes having 1

Honestly, it's fair game, it makes world firsts that much better, because they not only did it before Timmy's first raid ruined it, they also did it before the 15% bonus DPS that everyone will pick up a month in.

for the people who still havent done the legendary questline, stop being lazy, or don't be a Timmy come lately and expect nice things.
90 Goblin Hunter
Everyone having a freebie dragonwrath
vs
Only a few classes having 1

Honestly, it's fair game, it makes world firsts that much better, because they not only did it before Timmy's first raid ruined it, they also did it before the 15% bonus DPS that everyone will pick up a month in.

for the people who still havent done the legendary questline, stop being lazy, or don't be a Timmy come lately and expect nice things.

Only thing I will argue is main switching between tiers. Legendary quest line does make it much more difficult than normal because you can't speed it up much. (One thing that would be nice is un link the shared lockout between LFR and normal for secrets/Titan rune stones in 5.4.)
100 Dwarf Death Knight
Only thing I will argue is main switching between tiers. Legendary quest line does make it much more difficult than normal because you can't speed it up much. (One thing that would be nice is un link the shared lockout between LFR and normal for secrets/Titan rune stones in 5.4.)

LFR having legendaries trumps this argument, if you care about an alt enough to make it your main, you should already have the legendary quest line on par with your current main, unless you're knee-jerk main changing for gear, and everybody hates that guy.
90 Human Warrior
I personally dislike the "legendaries for everyone" because it doesn't make anything 'stand out' - just yet ANOTHER little thing you HAVE to do as a player to gear your toon up. It isn't optional, it is a required thing that you have to do to get your BiS !@#$ AND, in many cases, be accepted to heroic progression guilds worth their salt. It's just frustrating and takes the whole, "legendary" aspect away from a "legendary" because it is, after all, just another step in the gearing process we ALL have to do. Oh well, hopefully we don't have it again after this.
100 Troll Warlock
a QQ-ing necroing sissy non tranzmoging prot warrior really..you can get the legendary in the lfr stop bit-ching
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]