Favorite Blizz loot screw up?

90 Human Mage
A lot of ZA loot was superior to t5 because it was better itemized or had haste, when ZA was meant to be a filler between t4 and t5.

Shadow resist/spell penetration in t6. Several pieces had spell penetration when they didn't need them (it was useless in pve). T6 also gated a lot of the better gear from it's final bosses (looking at you, Skull of Gul'dan- which I also got on my first kill).

T7 Naxx had much larger loot tables than it needed to. Getting BiS was a pita, especially with the trinket from OS. Yay for DKP hoarding.

The trinket from OS was better than many of the ulduar trinkets (luckily I got Flare of the Heavens on my first H Vezax kill).

Any time in WotLK where 10H loot was better than 25h loot (ulduar/ICC/TOC).

BiS caster wand being BoE in t11.

Heroic tier helm/shoulder tokens requiring normal mode pieces for a short duration in t11.

BiS rings being random boss drops in t13.

Theres a lot more. Some tiers have had balanced loot tables, where there aren't too many drops or variations. I can say t14 was one of them, however, I think the loot tables for T15 are way beyond too large, especially with the thunderforged component on loot.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
LW drums.
lets give them a consumable that only other LW's can use, and then proceed to shaft the entire idea by putting silly "does not affect targets above X level" effects on them.

I kinda wish they'd bring back the idea, just make it not take effect in RBG's, sort of like how Engineering in RBG's is useless.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
ets give them a consumable that only other LW's can use, and then proceed to shaft the entire idea by putting silly "does not affect targets above X level" effects on them

They affected everyone in the raid throughout bc, guess what happened at the top end of progression in Sunwell? Everyone rolled lw and chained the blood lust drums one after the other for a permanent bloodlust.

I think the funniest one although it wasn't really that big a deal was paladin tier dropping for horde and shaman tier dropping for alliance in the BC pre patch.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
My favorite recent loot screwup was H Fan of Fiery Winds never dropping in 10H and everyone on the forums not reading the OP and just posting "RNG QQ".
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
My favorite recent loot screwup was H Fan of Fiery Winds never dropping in 10H and everyone on the forums not reading the OP and just posting "RNG QQ".

Gonna have to go with this one, lol.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
All int mail badge gear in wotlk having spirit meaning elemental shamans were the only class/spec not to have access to any non accessory badge gear.
Edited by Highko on 5/9/2013 7:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Mail agi gear having minimal stamina combined with enhance shaman having no stamina modifier causing the class to die constantly to unavoidable melee aoe damage like chain lightning on Thorim or just heroic Freya in general.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Enhance shaman t6 tier. Stats all wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Disc priests taking shadow tier for t7 since the spirit on their tier was useless.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman

They weren't wrong at the time. Enhancement's main stat in BC was Strength.

Gonna go with Darkmoon Cards in Wrath being BiS trinkets for 3+ tiers.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Mop sub 90 blues allowing L85 tanks to become avoidance capped.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
05/09/2013 07:52 AMPosted by Hyjinx

Compared to previous tiers they were not good.

EDIT: From memory t6 stat budget was mixed between agi and strength where shamans wanted strength. Maybe I am wrong, its been a long time but pretty sure this was the case and only appeared in t6 (not t4 or t5).
Edited by Highko on 5/9/2013 8:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Last tier was weird...No 2nd 509 non-spirit ring, no 509 neck, no Mage weapons in HoF and just one in MSV, but 3 in the final instance.

Str users probably didn't appreciate that their sha-touched was off heroic sha.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
One Shield.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
I remember laughing that our shadow priest's crafted armor from week 1 of TBC Was compettiively BIS with tier 6 a year and a half later.

Item upgrade system, especially when they said it was a bad idea, everyone predicted it'd be back for 5.3, and Voila, it came back.
Edited by Azane on 5/10/2013 3:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
4 spirit 1 int ring

I can one up you here. I still see vanilla/BC items itemized like this:

+10 strength
+15 spirit

+3 agility
+2 intellect
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Judges Gavel in Vanilla WSG. The banish proc would make the flag holder drop the flag. Much fun was had, and much grief when used against us ><
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
05/09/2013 07:53 AMPosted by Highko

Compared to previous tiers they were not good.

EDIT: From memory t6 stat budget was mixed between agi and strength where shamans wanted strength. Maybe I am wrong, its been a long time but pretty sure this was the case and only appeared in t6 (not t4 or t5).

As someone who played an enhance/ele as an alt in t6, I can tell you this is wrong. T6 was much better itemized than t4/t5, and it was even worth wearing leather pieces for more sockets of strength. Any good enhancement shaman was using strength from the moment he had sockets.
Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Hunter
Double 2-sets in PvP has been pretty sweet fail on a couple of occasions.

Also, Skillherald.
Edited by Kpets on 5/10/2013 6:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]