20 24 Bracket: Current State of Affairs II

21 Blood Elf Mage
P.S. My god boomkins.. they snatch the life right out of you..

1v1 Boomkins have an easy time with Hunters, Warriors, Rogues, Monks, Warlocks. amd Mages.
90 Undead Warlock
hmm...could someone link a decently geared boomkin, or point me in the direction of a BiS list?
I assume it would be similar to resto, so if I dislike boomkin, I can fall back on healing :)
24 Worgen Hunter
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bleeding-hollow/Pizz%C3%A2/advanced

His rings are not best in slot ......his gloves are 2nd.. horde only obviously lots of 24s get best gear from both sides.. as far as rings.. bis drop off end boss in gnomer.. expect 80-100 runs to get the ones u want. Bis gloves Hotshot Pilot gloves are a very rare.. like .00001 boe drop in gnomer.. you'll never see em and cost about 30k to get.

Hopefully the former 19 hunter wont mind if i used his armory. Pizza plays the hell out of boomkin to..
Edited by Firehydrant on 5/10/2013 12:12 AM PDT
1 Gnome Warrior
Started this guy last night and got to 24 today.........Jesus Christ worgen starting zone is the longest, boringest, god get me out of here zone in wow..

Anywho, i hate going in to xp off with out nearly bis but did tonight. 5 games.. we steam rolled 3 got steam rolled 2. Have not played a hunter in over a year in pvp and boy did i suck.. but constant damage leads charts but burst.. not so much.

Gonna get my bis gloves tomorrow.. have 15agi on scroll. Was fun but not sure if it's as fun as it used to be, i used to get off work and log onto hunter and relax and kill 300 f2p and log off.. now it's very much like max level .. most kills take time to set up.

P.S. My god boomkins.. they snatch the life right out of you..

Really not sure why you would twink a 24 anything but SPRIEST or BOOMY to be a damage dealer.

They don't need BIS to kill anyone 1v1, and for a hunter to kill them 1v1 they will need BIS, plus 1 arena trinket, pot, and the side inherited trinket; and then have to be lucky with the timings and crits.

SPRIEST my man - its the 5.3 FOTM
24 Human Priest
Hopefully the former 19 hunter wont mind if i used his armory. Pizza plays the hell out of boomkin to..

I remember Pizza from 19's. Good times. And then he went horde..

Really not sure why you would twink a 24 anything but SPRIEST or BOOMY to be a damage dealer.They don't need BIS to kill anyone 1v1, and for a hunter to kill them 1v1 they will need BIS, plus 1 arena trinket, pot, and the side inherited trinket; and then have to be lucky with the timings and crits.SPRIEST my man - its the 5.3 FOTM

BG's are rarely 1v1 though. I've seen mages, rogues, hunters, wars, palys and even locks top the damage charts.
Shamans not so much.
90 Undead Warlock
Hmm, ty Firehydrant for the information. I'll likely play a few games when I get some gear, then decide if it's the right fit. Frankly if it's that strong, I would rather avoid it.

edit: perhaps I should have said it was an Alliance toon. Eh.

Further Edit: skinning/engineering one of the best combos? I see the character linked is skinning/ herb.
Edited by Lacrìmosa on 5/10/2013 8:10 AM PDT
69 Night Elf Hunter
Hmm, ty Firehydrant for the information. I'll likely play a few games when I get some gear, then decide if it's the right fit. Frankly if it's that strong, I would rather avoid it.

edit: perhaps I should have said it was an Alliance toon. Eh.

Further Edit: skinning/engineering one of the best combos? I see the character linked is skinning/ herb.

the troll is probably stacking haste with that herbalizm and berkerker racial.

do resistances on those gnomer rings actually make a difference? ie does resistance actually do anything anymore? if not id think the Garrosh's Pardon and Seal of Argas would be perfect replacements
90 Undead Warlock
hmm that sounds very reasonable- especially given the long cast times I'm seeing.
Might need to reconsider my faction choice.
21 Blood Elf Mage

I have played a few matches with pizza, and he does play a boomkin extremely well. He nearly keeps up with my Spriest for KBs. He is a sort of a hybrid build, having both high-spell power and a high-crit chance.

He probably does make good use of the haste from herbalism and the troll Berserk to get off some quick Starfires. So for this purpose herbalism may still be good. Generally, I am not a big fan of herbalism since they nerfed the self-healing aspect of this ability awhile back.

I have dropped herbalism on toons like my warlcok and mage for alchemy, since alchemy skill boosts the buff benefits of Elixir of Wisdom from 6 intel to 14 intel.

The three professions that I like in this bracket are Alchemy, Engineering, and Skinning. I take Skinning whenever I am making a crit build for one of my characters, since it increases crit chance by about two percent.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

do resistances on those gnomer rings actually make a difference? ie does resistance actually do anything anymore?

This is a really good question. I am not 100 percent sure, but I think the answer is yes that resilience from items still works. I still wear cloaks with the grandfathered resist enchantments on them (when I am not wearing a parachute cloak with a pvp power enchant).

Also, I have farmed "of the Eagle" rings from gnomeregan for the added resist benefits, so I hope that I am getting the resistance benefits from the rings even though I can no longer see them in my character pane. Some of my toons potently have a thirteen percent resistance from the arcane and nature spells (from the spells attacks of Boomkins <wink>).

Here is another opinion on this topic:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6551465226#new-post

Now, you might be wondering "Well, what's this worth then if it's just an empty stat?" As it turns out, the Spell Resistance mechanic was not removed from the game. Having Resistance gear still enables one to partially or fully resist spells and effects, which has been witnessed in game since 5.0.4 went live. Ghostcrawler has confirmed the Resistance Mechanic not being removed on his Twitter post here: https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/244096129879388163
It seems the only thing removed was the Resistance section of the Character Sheet.
Edited by Frosthoar on 5/10/2013 4:25 PM PDT
21 Blood Elf Mage
I rolled my new Prot Warrior five days ago, and it's already level 24 and completely geared (including one Arena Grand Master).

It's possible that this toon is even 100 percent BiS for the kind of build that I went for.

I sacrificed some strength and stamina for a higher crit chance, so I could get more Shield Slam crits. It's hard to get crit chance up very high on a Warrior. My Warriors crit chance is now over 17 percent. I had a 2.1k Shield Slam crit today.

Warriors are not OP in this bracket, but they are viable, and they do provide a fun and different play experience. This is my very first Warrior, and so I am having fun while I learn how to play a Warrior well.
Edited by Frosthoar on 5/10/2013 4:27 PM PDT
69 Night Elf Hunter
very helpful frosthoar. thank you.
24 Pandaren Shaman

curious, what do you do with your 69 twink?
69 Night Elf Hunter
05/10/2013 01:13 PMPosted by Yoshimitzo

curious, what do you do with your 69 twink?

real talk? id like to say i world pvp, but 7/10 times it is just sniping. (bragging) almost 1100 world kills in northrend.

edit: if you dont care what i actually do on this toon, than disregard the first bit, and simlpy walk away with - i like to fap at the char select screen, then RP walk in a white dress through my favorite woodland zone.
Edited by Toblik on 5/10/2013 1:45 PM PDT
24 Night Elf Priest
scumbag Spriests
21 Blood Elf Mage
Hpally is a solid and versatile choice for this bracket. Hpally has some several interesting options for gear sets, which will allow you optimize your gear to suit your own particular play-style.

Ty :)

I thought I should mention one thing about Hpally, if you roll a horde pally, then you access to some great pally gear, but some of the horde only quest rewards force you to choose between either a reward that is good for a Hpally or a reward that is good for a Prot Pally. So if you want to be a horde pally, its a good idea to be sure about the spec you want to play before committing to certain quest rewards.

This why I have both a 24 Hpally and a 24 Prot Pally.
Edited by Frosthoar on 5/10/2013 4:37 PM PDT
24 Human Rogue

His rings are not best in slot ......his gloves are 2nd.. horde only obviously lots of 24s get best gear from both sides.. as far as rings.. bis drop off end boss in gnomer.. expect 80-100 runs to get the ones u want. Bis gloves Hotshot Pilot gloves are a very rare.. like .00001 boe drop in gnomer.. you'll never see em and cost about 30k to get.

As much as I still dislike Pizza, there is nothing wrong with his gear. He uses that ring and the bracers (both of which have spirit on them) in addition to the horde only hit neck to reach hit cap. Unless you are going for only +10 stat rings, you do not need gnomer. The
5/5 rings are not BiS for casters and to lesser extent, melee. Seal of argas and Yorgen's Boon are much better (and easier) to obtain.

And to the 24 priest who said he went horde...well, he was always originally horde (Uldum horde side to be exact). I would know since he used to be in the same guild as me many years ago.
Edited by Fightstar on 5/10/2013 8:25 PM PDT
21 Blood Elf Mage
05/10/2013 08:24 PMPosted by Fightstar
Pizza, there is nothing wrong with his gear. He uses that ring and the bracers (both of which have spirit on them) in addition to the horde only hit neck to reach hit cap.

Yep, those three items ( Overlord's Favor, Spidertank Oilrag, and Advisor's Ring) help him to reach (exceed) the hit cap. If he dropped one of the spirit items, he would fall under the hit cap.

My own balance druid has a nearly identical gear set--it only differs by three pieces. My gear might be slightly better.
Edited by Frosthoar on 5/10/2013 10:03 PM PDT
24 Pandaren Monk
This Pizza guy sure has nice gear but damn he looks ugly! Yuck! He needs to drop those boa chest and get a pretty dress to cover up all that tacky gear. Also turn off that cloak display for crying out loud!!
24 Worgen Druid
He just needs a better mog
24 Blood Elf Warrior
Please, that azure silk hood is simply stylin.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]