WHERE are the Enh. Shaman Weapons???

90 Draenei Shaman
I don't understand the HATE that Blizz must have toward Enhancement Shamans. NONE of the new lightning steel weapons are usable by Enhancement Shamans. NONE of the ghost iron craftable weapons are usable by Enhancement Shamans. NONE of the Lost and Found weapons are usable by Enhancement Shamans. Of course when I say "usable", I'm excluding the few daggers that fall into this list. Those are NOT what we need. PULL YOUR HEAD OUT BLIZZ! All could be solved by... wait for it.... letting us use 1-handed swords! I don't want to hear the "doesn't fit lore" B.S. It's just that: BS

Edit: Some of you get this. But most of you miss the spirit of this post. It's not that I'm asking where to get weapon upgrades. Great list though, Gijira. And there are suggestions for using strength weapons and using daggers. Ok. But these are not optimal. This rant started because I just learned to make the Reborn weapons on my BS only to be severely disappointed that there is nothing optimal for my Shaman.

The point is that Blaksmiths can craft 16 weapons (or 28 if you want to count the upgradeable levels of the Reborn weapons) and there are 16 ,if I'm not mistaken, of the Lost and Found weapons. Enhancement Shaman have been totally ignored.
Edited by Xelenara on 5/10/2013 9:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
So stop being lazy and do an LFR
Reply Quote
A selection of weapons that you could obtain:

450's
Chagan's Cheery Chopper - The Arena of Annihilation, quest.
Lobstmourne - Drops from a rare in Krasarang Wilds
Fist of Fate - World drop BoP
Wind-Reaver's Dagger of Quick Strikes - Rare find out in Dread Wastes
Claws of Gekkan - Regular MSP

463's
Amber Sledge of Klaxxi'vess - Exalted with the Klaxxi-ves
Ner'onok's Razor Katar - Heroic Siege
Claws of Gekkan - Heroic MSP
Crescent of Ichor - Heroic SPM
Gao's Keg Tapper - Heroic SSB

476's
Cera's Impalers - Dropped by a rare of the Isle of Thunder
Ka'eng, Breath of the Shadow - Extremely rare drop in SPM
Gara'kal, Fist of the Spiritbinder - Raid Finder MSV

483's
Claws of Shek'zeer - Raid Finder HoF

489's
Gara'kal, Fist of the Spiritbinder - Regular MSV

496's
Claws of Shek'zeer - Regular HoF

502's
Kura-Kura, Kazra'jin's Skullcleaver - Raid Finder ToT
Zeeg's Ancient Kegsmasher - Raid Finder ToT
Wu-Lai, Bladed Fan of the Consorts - Raid Finder ToT
Hand of the Dark Animus - Raid Finder ToT
Tia-Tia, the Scything Star - Raid Finder ToT
Gara'kal, Fist of the Spiritbinder - Heroic MSV

509's
Claws of Shek'zeer - Heroic HoF

522's
Kura-Kura, Kazra'jin's Skullcleaver - Normal ToT
Tia-Tia, the Scything Star - Normal ToT
Zeeg's Ancient Kegsmasher - Normal ToT
Wu-Lai, Bladed Fan of the Consorts - Normal ToT
Hand of the Dark Animus - Normal ToT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
^
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
^

Nevermind the fact that the 502 crafted Strength axe would still be an upgrade for you.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
05/09/2013 11:50 AMPosted by Rude
^

Nevermind the fact that the 502 crafted Strength axe would still be an upgrade for you.

I think just questing would give "it" multiple upgrades of all sorts.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Wind-Reaver's Dagger of Quick Strikes - Rare find out in Dread Wastes

NO. daggers= bad

Cera's Impalers - Dropped by a rare of the Isle of Thunder

no daggers still bad

the rest of the list is valid though
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
You can buy them from the PVP honor vendor.

-_-
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I'd like to be able to use one-handed swords, and I think it could be explained for Enhancement shamans relatively easily, e.g. we're a martial-oriented spec.

That being said, it's not a big deal. that we don't have crafted weapons this expansion. It's a minor inconvenience at best.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Daggers aren't ideal, but if they're a big enough ilvl upgrade, they might still be better than what you have otherwise.

Heck, this character is using two 463 *strength* weapons that dropped in scenarios (yes, scenarios dropped strength weapons for a shaman, I don't understand it either) because they worked out to be better than the agility green weapons I had before. Of course I'd love to replace them with pretty much any epic on that list, but until 5.3, I'm probably not going to be doing too many LFRs as a DPS because of the obnoxious queue times (vs. practically instant for resto).
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
swords are for humans
Reply Quote
80 Undead Rogue
Daggers aren't ideal, but if they're a big enough ilvl upgrade, they might still be better than what you have otherwise.
They're still bad though...also wth is up with your trinkets OP?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Q: Where are the Enh. Shaman Weapons???

A: On the bosses that you're supposed to be killing.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I'm probably not going to be doing too many LFRs as a DPS because of the obnoxious queue times (vs. practically instant for resto).

Cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Queues in LFR aren't generally that bad even for dps. Usually 20-30 minutes.

Seriously? You can't sit still for a half hour? Do your chosen dailies while you're queued--problem solved. Hell, I frequently had to wait on guild members for 10man raiding longer than that when we were still involved in such things.

More to the point: if you really wanted the upgrade, you'd do what was necessary to get it. There's another issue here and it's not weapon availability.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
My only issue with Enhance weapons this tier is that they all drop on tier bosses, which, if you play in 10 mans, means you can only count on one the boss' drops to be a weapon. This week was my 7th Council kill (rolled every time) and still no axe. I've actually got a second team on another realm and we have a similar number of kills and just one drop. Thankfully we're getting to Dark Animus now who also drops a weapon for me.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Thank you for the list Gijira. Nice work. @ Rude, your name fits you. You can learn something from Gijira. Try being helpful. But what almost all the replies MISS, is that every other stinking class has access to some relatively easy to acquire weapons. Thanks for the ideas for Strength weapons.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Rogue
05/10/2013 05:14 AMPosted by Xelenara
But what almost all the replies MISS, is that every other stinking class has access to some relatively easy to acquire weapons.
Theres plenty you can do to get weapons you just don't want to do it is all this is boiling down too. Sugar coat it any way you'd like but that's the gist of the thread. Big deal, we don't have crafted weapons this expansion, craftable weapons should not be the end all be all solution in the first place.

Sorry Blizzard didn't make it possible to buy all your gear on a fresh 90 the second it dings., but all in all it looks like we have plenty of easy to get weapons. *shrug*

As for "relatively easy to get weapons", Lobstermourne quest from the murkalas can be done in less than an hour and you can get two of them! The Klaxxi weapon is easy enough to get since you're exalted on your warlock so you might want to pick up the klaxxi commendation. Makes it super fast to get exalted in a few days with them so you can get your 463's. Although you could also replace the terrible unheeded warning trink with a ghost iron dragonling and the other craptastic trinket with one of the 400-ish vendor bought ones so you can start doing lfr for your fists. Might be a good idea since Blizzard up'ed T14 loot drop rates in LFR. And as Zsigmond said
You can buy them from the PVP honor vendor.
you can wait a week and farm up some AV and have your weapons in next to no time!
Edited by Vaulttwo on 5/11/2013 3:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
05/10/2013 05:14 AMPosted by Xelenara
@ Rude, your name fits you.

That's almost as original as this thread
Reply Quote
80 Undead Rogue
05/09/2013 09:15 AMPosted by Xelenara
The point is that Blaksmiths can craft 16 weapons (or 28 if you want to count the upgradeable levels of the Reborn weapons) and there are 16 ,if I'm not mistaken, of the Lost and Found weapons.
Then take this QQ/whining thread to the professions forums since Blizzard never reads these forums and don't respond here to profession issues.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Stormherald is the enhance weapon.

Look at the stats!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]