Whats good?

88 Human Paladin
I just got back from a pretty long break (5 months) so I'm totally behind on all the updates and such. I was just wondering what healers are decent right now. I have a priest, druid, and this paladin. This is primarily for PvE, maybe some PvP on the side. Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Kinda depends on what you're planning to do. As a 10 man raider, usually assigned to tank healing, I don't top charts. If you want to do that, raid 25 man as a paladin and spam radiance on the stack fights- you'll beat everyone. Druids, on the other hand, thrive in 10 mans. Priests are good in both settings- a lot of people are upset about how great it is to mass bubble a raid. If you just want to see and down content, they're all good classes to play. Once you start getting into cutting edge progression stuff, then certain classes might have to be benched in favor of others.
Reply Quote
05/10/2013 09:40 AMPosted by Nathibard
I have a priest, druid, and this paladin.

All 3 are good, play the class you enjoy most.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I just got back from a pretty long break (5 months) so I'm totally behind on all the updates and such. I was just wondering what healers are decent right now. I have a priest, druid, and this paladin. This is primarily for PvE, maybe some PvP on the side. Thanks!

All three are good, and quite fun. Paladins have the advantage of having the best tanking spec in the game, as well as one of the strongest healers (and Rets bring utility). Priests have the advantage of having three extremely viable specs, and the only one with two healing specs. Druids have the advantage of a solid tanking spec, a very good ranged DPS spec (balance) and a solid healing spec, and all three bring a lot of utility. Resto is also getting buffed a bit in 5.3 (mostly QOL changes).
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
I was in the same spot as you. Got my pally to 90 and quit for 5 months. Came back to a pally at 90, a priest at 86 and druid at 86. I actually settled on the priest. Disc healing can be fun, and not just doing DPS. Don't get me wrong, I like doing DPS, but that's the mindless part of disc healing. that's filler. The fun part is anticipating damage (which I'm slowly getting better at) and getting shields up. But I've always been a lover of PW:S, even in vanilla when warriors hated it.

But, if I get bored, I switch over to Holy, and it can be wicked fun as well.

At the end of the day, I had to look at how much time I had to play. With the priest, I can pretty much get back as Disc/Shadow with one set of gear (not going beyond LFR anytime soon) whereas my pally has 3 sets of gear. At a minimum, two sets since Holy is a real bear to quest with. At least with priest healing specs, they can put out respectable damage. I've commonly quested as Disc pretty efficiently when I've been too lazy to swap specs (I know I know...). Also, IMO, shadow form is still the best looking character animation Blizz has ever conceived so it's still a favorite and honestly adds to my enjoyment of the game.

I like druids as well. There you can always go Rest/Balance and share most of the gear between the specs. Just don't really like the balance dps style. It just seems to me that blizzard was too lazy to actually come up with a more indepth dps style and instead put a bar that you bounce back and forth. They 'doubled' the amount of spells, but in reality you are still only using 2-3 spells, just depends which eclipse you are in. Feral is fun since it's like being a rogue and makes questing really easy if you don't feel like killing unnecessary things.

As with all healing classes and when people ask, IMO it always comes down to the offspecs. Ret is a nice off spec, and if you ever get bored with DPS or healing, you can tank and tank pretty well with DPS gear (arguably better depending on the style you go for). It was hard for me to give up my pally for this reason, but at the end of the day I don't see myself tanking anymore. That phase of my wow experience is done. But that's also because I'm not a huge fan of the new tanking model.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
:(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]