Frustrated in PvP

100 Human Warrior
I hate only being able to go prot in rbg's, and I dislike that no one gives me anything to do but "Go BS with heals. If you die go sit farm for the rest of the game unless an opportunity at BS arises".

TRUEST WORDS I EVER SEEN...EVER.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warrior

It is at the same level as Arms. Look around the forums, there are quite the number of high rated fury warriors lurking about. Ezyo, Rufin, and a few others that escape my mind atm. Have you even tried fury with proper gear in PvP? It is more gear reliant than arms, but that doesn't make it any worse.

No, it's not. It's because Fury is reliant on it's Enrages to deal out most of it's damage (hence why Fury goes for Crit), and any class that can dispel Enrages (Rogues, Hunters, Druids, all of which are EXTREMELY prevalent this season) will just dispel your enrages with Shiv/Tranq Shot/Soothe and !@#$ on you.
Reply Quote
91 Worgen Warrior
Seance, you say fury is absolutely not viable and then you go on to say that there is a fury warrior over 2200.
Sure the majority play arms and why make a switch to fury when it is not any better than arms, but to say it is absolutely not viable is kind of silly.
And let's not forget that 99% of the player population isn't playing above 2200 in arena so it doesn't matter if you want to arena as prot, never mind fury.
As long as you are having fun that's what matters.

In 5.4, unless they make dps changes to arms or fury, fury will be doing more damage than arms due to gear scaling and maybe we will see more high rated players going fury for the better burst and overall damage and increased survivability. That is if no changes occur to increase arms' dmg or lower fury's.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Fury is absolutely not viable in PvP.

The blind leading the blind is never a good thing.

Im doing good in 3s as fury, ran it up to 1906.

So yes it is viable
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
That particular Warrior has played no 3s in quite a while and only has 2 people in his group.

The likelihood that he was being carried by a mage or spriest is incredibly high.

Fury has never been a good PvP spec and will likely never be a good PvP spec

Can you use Fury to get to a mediocre 1300 rating? Sure, any moron using any class and any spec can get to 1300.

That doesn't mean it's viable.

The OP made a thread asking for help.

Giving him false information is not help.

Like I said, the blind leading the blind is never a good thing.

Its been a week since i did 3s. Also it was a hunter and him and the hpal on the team are my friends, he is team hopping atm and we are gonna be doing some more 3s next week most likely.

And not i was not carried, we are all around the same exp and i pull my weight on my team. Assuming i was carried simply because i am fury is ignorant and makes you look silly.

Instead of trying to claim because i am fury i must of gotten carried, why dont you take a moment and realize fury is viable in arena, it may have its set of issue, but this isn't cata anymore, we no longer lose our big 2 min cd and use of our hardest hitting attack when we get enrage dispelled (If it is, no one dispells it because its a waste of resource). Arms is the easier and solid go to spec, fury you have to devote to, you cant half@ss it and expect to do good.

But it will produce great results if you do it right.

But if your going to get this condescending approach because someone is not going with the usual spec then expect to get flammed for it
Edited by Ezyo on 5/16/2013 4:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Worgen Warrior
Seance, you say fury is absolutely not viable and then you go on to say that there is a fury warrior over 2200.
Sure the majority play arms and why make a switch to fury when it is not any better than arms, but to say it is absolutely not viable is kind of silly.
And let's not forget that 99% of the player population isn't playing above 2200 in arena so it doesn't matter if you want to arena as prot, never mind fury.
As long as you are having fun that's what matters.

In 5.4, unless they make dps changes to arms or fury, fury will be doing more damage than arms due to gear scaling and maybe we will see more high rated players going fury for the better burst and overall damage and increased survivability. That is if no changes occur to increase arms' dmg or lower fury's.

1.4% is statistically irrelevant.

That particular Warrior has played no 3s in quite a while and only has 2 people in his group.

The likelihood that he was being carried by a mage or spriest is incredibly high.

Fury has never been a good PvP spec and will likely never be a good PvP spec

Can you use Fury to get to a mediocre 1300 rating? Sure, any moron using any class and any spec can get to 1300.

That doesn't mean it's viable.

The OP made a thread asking for help.

Giving him false information is not help.

Like I said, the blind leading the blind is never a good thing.

Fury has historically not been a good pvp spec for a few very specific reasons, but maybe you are unaware of the changes that happened with MoP to fury to make it as good as arms because you seem to be basing your opinion on out of date facts.

Here's a quick recap of what has changed with fury to make it 'viable'
-charge in combat
-on demand MS
-loss of a major offensive cd that can be dispelled
-no longers requires you to be in a stance that increases damage taken
-exact same amount of utility as Arms

Literally the only two things that people can rag on fury about is it has less constant damage and the old "enrage can be dispelled" which I've heard from some higher ranked players is a non-issue. Fury has better survivability and better burst.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
I wasn't talking about you.

I was talking about the only Warrior playing Fury above 2200.

Do try to keep up.

The fact that you assume a fury warrior who reached 2200 must of been carried implies you have a level of ignorance about you. By your logic anyone not playing the *Standard pvp spec* that has been carried couldn't of possibly achieved a rating based on skill right?

Fury's healing debuff is tied to Wild Strike which costs 30 rage or is free if you get lucky and get a proc.

Comparing Wild Strike to MS further shows your lack of pvp knowledge.

Its on demand, meaning you can use it whenever you have the resource or the proc, instead of it being uncontrollable and dependent on auto hits.

Plus if you read what they posted they weren't comparing the 2, simply stating fury has a reliable, controllable Ms.
Reply Quote
91 Worgen Warrior

Its been a week since i did 3s. Also it was a hunter and him and the hpal on the team are my friends, he is team hopping atm and we are gonna be doing some more 3s next week most likely.

And not i was not carried, we are all around the same exp and i pull my weight on my team.

Instead of trying to claim because i am fury i must of gotten carried, why dont you chill out and realize fury is viable in arena, it may have it set of issue, but this isn't cata anymore, we no longer lose our big 2 min cd and use of our hardest hitting attack when we get enrage dispelled (If it is, no one dispells it because its a waste of resource). Arms is the easier and solid go to spec, fury you have to devote to, you cant half@ss it and expect to do good.

But it will produce great results if you do it right.

But if your going to get this condescending approach because someone is not going with the usual spec then expect to get flammed for it

I wasn't talking about you.

I was talking about the only Warrior playing Fury above 2200.

Do try to keep up.

-on demand MS

Fury's healing debuff is tied to Wild Strike which costs 30 rage or is free if you get lucky and get a proc.

Comparing Wild Strike to MS is ridiculous further shows your lack of pvp knowledge.

Fury's damage is completely tied to Crit, a baseline of about 25% is required, and that won't be obtainable with PvP gear likely until the end of the expansion.

1) I did not compare WS to MS. I said fury has an on demand MS, meaning it has a healing debuff on demand, which it does. In case you didn't know, many people refer to any healing debuff as an "MS" since mortal strike was the original.
2) If that is all you got (which is what it seems) then you are swiftly losing your "fury isn't viable" argument.
3) you seem angry, maybe you should go for a walk? Jumping into threads and calling people names isn't going to help your poor attitude.
Reply Quote
91 Worgen Warrior
Alright I'm done with this kid lol.

Have fun being angry seance, hope it works out well for you:D
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
If someone enjoys playing Fury and can still do good enough for the player to not mind, why try to change them?

If, lets say, the player was fury and was upset about fury not doing well,then you can inform them difference between Arms and Fury and then they can choose which one they might prefer.

However if they are enjoying it and don't mind how they are doing, by all means let them play what they want.
Edited by Ðeaven on 5/16/2013 5:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Meh. It's not just that warriors are bad right now, imo. The class' mechanics have fundamentally changed too much from what warriors were like originally.

I had a warrior back during wrath times and the difference between warriors back then and now is huge. Now, they feel more faceroll and boring than most other melee, while in the past stance dancing, weapon swapping, intercept, etc. was what made the class worthwhile. Warriors had a much higher skill floor back then. Honestly, they're not that engaging. I'd suggest roll a rogue because they've got the highest skill cap for all melee, which makes them a lot of fun to learn. Even if they're getting nerfed to the ground next patch, I feel like they'd always be the most fun melee to play.

I think that the biggest problem Warriors have now that they're squishy and do no damage in D stance is that there's no punishment for forcing a warrior into D stance. Warriors need to get rage when they're hit in D stance like they used to. They're the perfect kill target because of that. If you shut down a warrior by training him, it's like fighting with 2 1/2 players on their team.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Fury these days isn't as bad as it used to be. The reason you see few furies in the upper bracket is because players in that bracket tend to be veterans who have played arms for 2 expacs or more. Fury's problem is uneven rage generation - all too often they can be caught in situations where you have not enough rage when you need it, especially against good teams who work to reduce your uptime on your target. Whereas arms only needs a few seconds uptime in battle stance to get healthy rage, fury can either cap rage in 2 seconds or have none at all. I'm no gladiator but I think that at that level most players go for consistency and dependability.

I would really recommend playing arms if you're not seeing great success with fury. Some comps and some players can make fury very strong, but all round arms is more dependable and easier to do well with.

That said, once you're past 1.7 and start getting wrecked every game by high cc wizard teams, just hang up your beard and reroll.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I assumed he wasn't enjoying it since the title of the thread is "Frustrated in PvP".

Doesn't mean you force change in someones face.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]