Frustrated in PvP

100 Orc Warrior
There is no argument whether Fury is PvP viable or not.

There are a select few people who are bad at PvP that think it's viable, and then there is everyone else.

So being bad is being able to get 1.9k as fury? There are other Fury warriors who have gotten 2k or close to it, Drevi and Conditioner are 2 that i can think of off hand.

Fury is just not as popular due to arms being the pvp spec forever, and fury really being unviable more most of wow (minus a few seasons here and there). Now its more viable then its ever been and whether or not you want to believe it, it is viable and able to achieve high ratings.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Ezyo, what are the strengths of fury over arms in your opinion? I've been running arms/disc/ret (!@#$ty comp but we're irl friends) and we've been stuck bouncing around 1670 to 1750. As arms I'm either getting cced hard by wizard teams or forced to play too defensive when they train me. Do you think fury might be a strong option?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
05/16/2013 02:21 PMPosted by Seance
Okay, this is the part where I take a step back and realize you're just trying to egg me on. Well, anyways, thanks once more everyone for your support, have a nice day.

Yes I'm certainly not trying to help you (in the post where you asked how to PvP) by telling you that your current PvP spec is garbage.

I'm just being a big meanie.

^^^

0 social skills, exhibit A.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
^^^0 social skills, exhibit A.

lol
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Ezyo, what are the strengths of fury over arms in your opinion? I've been running arms/disc/ret (!@#$ty comp but we're irl friends) and we've been stuck bouncing around 1670 to 1750. As arms I'm either getting cced hard by wizard teams or forced to play too defensive when they train me. Do you think fury might be a strong option?

Strengths:
-Access to stronger weapons via Pve, or extra resil with another 2h pvp wep (Very nice since you do want to have a good amount of crit)

- More stats, bigger health pools mean you can take a beating longer and heal more when you get into Sw range. Plus extra str crit etc is nice

- Easier to camp Dstance and more survivability . Arms really cant put out good pressure while sitting in dstance as well as fury, due to having to fill more gcds. Fury on the other hand have to only fill 2, and if you have your crit up where it needs to be and get lucky on your Ws procs you can easily pool rage for a big CS rage dump. Also Furys rage generator bloodthirst heals you, sure its not a big heal, but every little bit counts, especially when your heals dont kick in till 35%.

- Furys burst is also higher, you get a double DS proc, then pop cds while enraged and stuff 3X RBs in a cs window you will destroy someone, Furys burst is Ridiculously good.

As to your question, the thing you have to realize is your comp is running pretty big Drs. Your fear drs with priest fears and pallys rep/blinding light also drs with fear, plus there is stun Dr and the fact that your comp doesn't have a whole lot of control, which is big for wars to run with a cc heavy partner (not just fury, arms too).

That being said, you might be able to get away with a quick gib if you time your cc right and blow something up in the beginning as Fury. The main thing is that the comp itself is at a disadvantage, especially against wizard cleaves, both you and the pally are viable kill targets, and with the little cc you provide it definitely is an up hill battle.

It would also help to know what teams your having trouble with also.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Bro, why are you fury? you must not like yourself. it's so RNG you wont deal dmg unless you pop CD'S.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
dump your fury spec.

learn how to get trained. warriors been getting trained for 5 years now. it isnt going to change anytime soon because of the way our class is designed.

learning when to put pressure and go offensive while using your defensive cds sparingly is difficult but once you learn itll help.

Stay out of 2's.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
05/18/2013 11:29 AMPosted by Gherick
I would pay money to watch one of Blizzard's devs PvPing solo as a warrior just to see if they swear as much as I do.

I lol'd. Win or lose i can't talk to anyone for at least a good 10 mins after pvping on my warrior from how heated i get..

I dont think its healthy for you to play your war then lol. And it shows how long youve been playing one. Most that have played war for a while are use to this !@#$. Do us and your heart a favor and reroll.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
05/18/2013 01:12 PMPosted by Pureclass

I lol'd. Win or lose i can't talk to anyone for at least a good 10 mins after pvping on my warrior from how heated i get..

I dont think its healthy for you to play your war then lol. And it shows how long youve been playing one. Most that have played war for a while are use to this !@#$. Do us and your heart a favor and reroll.

I get those rage feelings when I play my pally or feral and get caught in a fear chain!

But yeah, it's not healthy.

I find warrior to be more of a rage release than any other class. Something about always being the chaser and not the chasee is satisfying.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
I would pay money to watch one of Blizzard's devs PvPing solo as a warrior just to see if they swear as much as I do.

WoW PVP is not based on 1v1, it's not even based on 2v2. To really understand pvp it have to be at least 3.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
go arms. have fun.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
So, what *does* arms offer over fury this Xpack over not being dependent on enrage not being dispelled?

Unless I'm missing something, the kit is either the same or very similar (Both have MS effects, etc.) because of the way the talents are, so...

What makes it so much better? oO I'm not trying to argue with anyone, it's a genuine question.
Edited by Vaelian on 5/19/2013 8:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
So, what *does* arms offer over fury this Xpack over not being dependent on enrage not being dispelled?

Unless I'm missing something, the kit is either the same or very similar (Both have MS effects, etc.) because of the way the talents are, so...

What makes it so much better? oO I'm not trying to argue with anyone, it's a genuine question.

arms has a more consistent rotation to put out more pressure. consistently
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
/sigh

No, it's not. It's because Fury is reliant on it's Enrages to deal out most of it's damage (hence why Fury goes for Crit), and any class that can dispel Enrages (Rogues, Hunters, Druids, all of which are EXTREMELY prevalent this season) will just dispel your enrages with Shiv/Tranq Shot/Soothe and !@#$ on you.

I would really recommend playing arms if you're not seeing great success with fury. Some comps and some players can make fury very strong, but all round arms is more dependable and easier to do well with

Bro, why are you fury? you must not like yourself. it's so RNG you wont deal dmg unless you pop CD'S.

dump your fury spec.

go arms. have fun.

So about zero of you read the whole thread. As I said in my second post:

I played arms from 1-90 and only recently have I made the (probably) permanent change to fury. I can't really say what it is, maybe its just because it's new, but I enjoy it more than arms.

I did the majority of my PvP time as arms. The feels I started this thread with were from that time, as I swapped to fury like a day before posting. Fury has actually made me like my warrior quite a bit more, mainly from almost never being raged starved as I was in arms waiting to use overpower stacks. Enrage dispel doesn't seem to matter at all, as we aren't entirely dependant on procs to deal damage, as well as it'll take 4.5 - 9 seconds max to get an enrage back, and if in dire need of one I can use zerker rage (although I never have needed to thus far).
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
I can't play arms, I enjoy fury alot more. I played arms in the past but you can only hit MS so manyy times before it become boring. Fury is alot more fun and really thats all im looking for.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]