Merged servers

(Locked)

100 Orc Shaman
I'm sorry but I am fed up with the **** that has come with servers being merged. Been playing on Boulderfist horde for a while and never had problems with ganking or anything of that sort. Since then, I have been merged with Darkspear. Now I get ganked daily on any toon under 90. As of right now there are two alliance players just exterminating any low levels in ashenvale. Literally ashenvale, pretty much the whole area. This has been going on for 2 days straight and it's annoying but worst of all it's keeping me from doing what I want to do in a game that I pay money for.
Edited by Hermf on 5/20/2013 4:12 PM PDT
90 Goblin Priest
I think you mean CRZ, which yes, can make World PvP really annoying.
100 Night Elf Druid
So what you're saying is that you miss the PvE experience you previously had on your PvP server and would like to go back to not feeling constant danger, despite choosing to play on a PvP server?

WPvP means you're going to get ganked. You're not getting anything now that players on your server didn't get when they were leveling through that content while it was still relevant (or would have gotten had the server a healthy population).

CRZ affects both factions so ask your new friends to help you out. Or play on a PvE server if you only want to PvP when you're in the mood for it.
Edited by Hippeaux on 5/18/2013 4:10 PM PDT
60 Troll Priest
I don't mind ganking, I really don't. I rolled on a PvP server I know what I'm getting into

But CRZ has ruined that for me, prior to CRZ I kindof had a "Gank list" of sorts, if anyone killed my toon, I would know that that person is fair game any time I saw them. It created rivalries and it gave the sense that our factions were truly warring. I killed him, he killed me, back and forth back and forth.

However now, a guy kills my toon, flies away, and I'll never see him again. Blizzard could have just programmed a random debuff that kills you instantly and it would give the same experience as CRZ currently gives world PvP
100 Goblin Warlock
Boulderfist is a pvp server. When you rolled that server you signed up to be flagged for pvp all the time. If you don't like it I suggest you reroll a pve server. Otherwise you really have nothing to complain about.
90 Undead Mage
Haven't seen one of these threads in a while.
90 Worgen Mage
Boulderfist is a pvp server. When you rolled that server you signed up to be flagged for pvp all the time. If you don't like it I suggest you reroll a pve server. Otherwise you really have nothing to complain about.

you did read what he said right? he said boulderfist wasent bad until CRZ merged with darkspear, now hes getting ganked from people on darkspear
100 Orc Shaman
I rolled on the server because of what I heard from friends. Which was pretty much, "This is a pvp server, you will get ganked on occasion". That was fine and that was what I had experienced on Boulderfist. now with "CRZ" it's literally daily. Essentially boulderfist has been made to be a terrible pvp server compared to what it used to be.
Edited by Bogusdank on 5/18/2013 4:17 PM PDT
100 Goblin Warlock
05/18/2013 04:14 PMPosted by Creedanse

you did read what he said right? he said boulderfist wasent bad until CRZ merged with darkspear, now hes getting ganked from people on darkspear

He rolled on a PVP server... whether it's cross realm or not he signed up for full time pvp. he has nothing to complain about if he's not willing to reroll onto a pve server.
100 Orc Shaman
05/18/2013 04:16 PMPosted by Máyhem

He rolled on a PVP server... whether it's cross realm or not he signed up for full time pvp. he has nothing to complain about if he's not willing to reroll onto a pve server.

I "signed up" for the pvp on BOULDERFIST.
90 Worgen Mage
05/18/2013 04:16 PMPosted by Máyhem

are you just skimming what im saying? or are you just tryin to be annoying? hes not complaining about the pvp on boulderfist, from how hes saying it, hes been on boulderfist for awhile and he hasent had a problem, but with CRZ out now hes getting ganked by people from darkspear now that they have merged <.<
100 Goblin Warlock

are you just skimming what im saying? or are you just tryin to be annoying? hes not complaining about the pvp on boulderfist, from how hes saying it, hes been on boulderfist for awhile and he hasent had a problem, but with CRZ out now hes getting ganked by people from darkspear now that they have merged <.<

I'm not brown nosing him so I'm just trying to be annoying. right... Here lets try this. It's so terrible that he's being forced to pvp on a PVP server that is cross realmed with other PVP servers....
100 Orc Shaman
As someone who enjoys ganking the occasional lowbie, CRZ has made it much easier and fun. thanks blizz.
100 Night Elf Druid

The problem was that for a long time, PvP servers resembled PvE servers more than what PvP servers were in the beginning, with occasional to no ganking. The expectation is that there is constant danger on a PvP server. Blizzard can't really help if you rolled at a time when the server wasn't functioning as intended. The issue of limited WPvP over the last few years has been solved.

I'm sorry if you don't like how things work now, but that's the way it should have been all along. If you just want occasional WPvP, PvE servers actually have that. There are players that run around flagged to get fights started, and at the very least you can always find PvP in Halaa. Beating your head into a wall trying to make PvP servers fit YOUR definition of PvP rather than Blizzard's isn't going to get you very far. You'd really be better off switching to a PvE server if you don't like the ganking.
90 Gnome Death Knight
I am having so much fun in ashen ale right now....you all should see this poor Orc
90 Draenei Shaman

The problem was that for a long time, PvP servers resembled PvE servers more than what PvP servers were in the beginning, with occasional to no ganking. The expectation is that there is constant danger on a PvP server. Blizzard can't really help if you rolled at a time when the server wasn't functioning as intended. The issue of limited WPvP over the last few years has been solved.

I'm sorry if you don't like how things work now, but that's the way it should have been all along. If you just want occasional WPvP, PvE servers actually have that. There are players that run around flagged to get fights started, and at the very least you can always find PvP in Halaa. Beating your head into a wall trying to make PvP servers fit YOUR definition of PvP rather than Blizzard's isn't going to get you very far. You'd really be better off switching to a PvE server if you don't like the ganking.

Because being constantlly facerolled by 90's when you're level 20 is the ideal pvp server experience!
90 Human Rogue
agree.
90 Dwarf Paladin
I thought if low level towns were shut down long enough max level elite guards would begin to spawn?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]