Time-wizard RP

91 Blood Elf Mage
So, I was thinking about trying to RP as a time wizard.
It would be like RPing as a mage that was focused solely on time magic, which works with alter time, time warp, slow, and temporal shield. This would, of coarse, have to have the bronze dragon flight involved, so the time-wizard could be a member or former member of http://www.wowpedia.org/Timewalkers. They could also be a person that got lost in time and was saved and taught by the bronze dragon flight, or helped the bronze in exchange for knowledge, ect. I think it could be very interesting and even fit into current lore in some ways.

Please give me your honest opinion on my idea! :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
First you stare into the untempered schism.
Then you wait to have a granddaughter.
Then you steal a decommissioned TARDIS.

Watch out for that guy tapping his finger four times then pausing over and over again. Alspp watch out for that belfy time ranger, Capt Jake Hawkness, he flirts with everything. EVERYTHING. He even goes so far as to hit on gnomes. /puke

Remember to keep calm and get in the TARDIS.

Sillies aside: It could be done very well or very poorly. Unless you are a veteran RPer I would advise against it.
Edited by Tyan on 5/20/2013 8:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Mage
We're talking David tenant then?
As much as I am addicted to DR. WHO please give a constructive response about the post, or at least something that has to do with my idea.

Nvm, Ty for the sillies aside.
Edited by Amorlothus on 5/20/2013 8:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Personally I never liked the idea of chronomancers in WoW primarily because I was under the impression that the Bronze Flight only had that power, no mortals; that, I imagine also includes mortal servants of them. That timewalkers page said about members of the faction having such powers, though I suppose it could be assumed that they might considering their purpose. Still, apart from like two mage spells, there doesn't seem to be much that I see that would support a mortal mage with mastery over time.

This seems somewhat of a complicated issue to me, however. Perhaps there is something I've missed and/or never knew about, like that timewalkers thing. The idea of a chronomancer or time-wizard is rather interesting, I just don't see much basis for it in the lore.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
From what I can gather while I was questing, the mages are granted a limited amount of time altering spells, but they are not near as potent as a dragon's spells. However I seem to recall a line somewhere about a dragon saying something along the lines of: "And to correct the occasional mage who tries to go back in time to arrange things to their advantage." like I said I do not remember the exact quote.

So that leads me to conclude they can do stuff like this. But! I imagine it would be corrected and the mage in question would be reprimanded thoroughly. I can see where this would be rather fun to rp out. I cannot imagine my mage going against the Bronze dragponflight. She owes them for giving her the powers to do the time stuff anyway.

So if I were you I would tread carefully in this attempt, and make sure you are clear with whoever you rp with, that you are NOT a bronze dragon.
Reply Quote
13 Human Warlock
Well...controlling time itself....seems a bit out of reach. Imo I don't see this ending well in any direction.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I look at it more as the effects we cause when we do portals, which are in essence altering time and space. The small buffs in battle being merely subtle boosts, not overpowering mayhem. Kind of like even if you set your clock on the wall to an hour ahead, you are not actually altering time itself, only your perception of it. If that even makes any sense?
Reply Quote
Everyone seems to forget this...

The Bronze Dragonflights do NOT control time anymore. They gave away their powers to help defeat Deathwing. Nozdormu doesn't control time, Ysera doesn't control dreams, Kalecgos doesn't control magic, and Alexstrasza doesn't control life.

Their powers are gone. Forever. They are mortals now.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Actually, my understanding is that their *Aspect* powers are gone. Not their flight's powers.

The various flights still guard their respective domains, but their ability to do so is greatly diminished without their Aspect's power to assist when needed. So, for example, aside from still being old and wise and stuff, Nozdormu's power is more in line with any other Bronze Dragon. Ysera's power is around the same as any other Green Dragon. So on and so forth.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Everyone seems to forget this...

The Bronze Dragonflights do NOT control time anymore. They gave away their powers to help defeat Deathwing. Nozdormu doesn't control time, Ysera doesn't control dreams, Kalecgos doesn't control magic, and Alexstrasza doesn't control life.

Their powers are gone. Forever. They are mortals now.

But but I want to work for a dargon. (Not)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Zen
The Timewalkers have wizard members.

And to you Zandrae. *spreads wide his leathery wings*
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
/cower
/fist of justice
/bubblehearth
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
I'm rather surprised not to have found any Dr. Who references among the Bronze Dragonflight. I'd at least expect Chromie to call something a "fixed point in time."
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]