Driving AH prices down...

(Locked)

94 Gnome Warlock
Sure feel free... you'll be stuck with a lot of stuff you can't sell for a profit... that's what Ive been trying to explain... my goal is to constantly flood the market with my competing products... you keep buying my 50g gems, and i'll keep posting 50g gems until you have bought hundreds of mine... i'll keep posting em, you keep buying them... win/win!

You're not going to out last people who have gold cap or near gold cap. We've been dealing with people like you, who'd rather shoot themselves in the foot out of some misplaced hatred for people with gold, since the game came out. In the end you get bored and we get richer than we were because of all the nearly free inventory you gave us.
90 Undead Death Knight
05/11/2013 08:43 PMPosted by Bomdanil
Sure feel free... you'll be stuck with a lot of stuff you can't sell for a profit... that's what Ive been trying to explain... my goal is to constantly flood the market with my competing products... you keep buying my 50g gems, and i'll keep posting 50g gems until you have bought hundreds of mine... i'll keep posting em, you keep buying them... win/win!

You're not going to out last people who have gold cap or near gold cap. We've been dealing with people like you, who'd rather shoot themselves in the foot out of some misplaced hatred for people with gold, since the game came out. In the end you get bored and we get richer than we were because of all the nearly free inventory you gave us.

LOL... how do you know if i can outlast these people... you have no idea how much gold I have generated lo these 7 years i've been doing this...

And i'm not doing anything other than having fun in a way that makes sense to me... i'm not overly concerned if you don't find it worthwhile...
91 Orc Hunter
Driving the prices down is lousy. Undercutting is one thing, but posting bolts of Windwool at under 10g a piece is just a market trashing. So I've stopped selling my bolts, the profit isn't enough. I make imperial silk instead and am saving it for starter epics.
94 Gnome Warlock
05/11/2013 09:28 PMPosted by Grimmoire
you have no idea how much gold I have generated lo these 7 years i've been doing this...

Less than they have by not purposefully killing the market?
90 Worgen Warrior
I always loved when I went to Ah something and I simply wanted to sell it for a quick turn around. I put the price plenty low... the people who posted higher will whisper me and berate me for doing so. Its kinda humorous.

I've had this happen. When i played on Runetotem, the entirety of the economy was controlled by two-three people (I'm serious). So I'd far up and make a bunch of stuff, then get into week long price wars with them to tank the AH back to a reasonable level. Never worked for long, but it was fun.
90 Undead Death Knight
05/11/2013 09:51 PMPosted by Bomdanil
you have no idea how much gold I have generated lo these 7 years i've been doing this...

I'll give you this much... you've mastered the art of rhetoric! Congrats! you win the internet!
90 Undead Death Knight
05/11/2013 09:52 PMPosted by Momiji
I always loved when I went to Ah something and I simply wanted to sell it for a quick turn around. I put the price plenty low... the people who posted higher will whisper me and berate me for doing so. Its kinda humorous.

I've had this happen. When i played on Runetotem, the entirety of the economy was controlled by two-three people (I'm serious). So I'd far up and make a bunch of stuff, then get into week long price wars with them to tank the AH back to a reasonable level. Never worked for long, but it was fun.

Yep it is fun... That's what I think a lot of the people who write "you're wasting time, these guys account for you and you aren't doing anything!" don't seem to understand...

THIS.
IS.
FUN.
FOR.
ME!
90 Undead Death Knight
Driving the prices down is lousy. Undercutting is one thing, but posting bolts of Windwool at under 10g a piece is just a market trashing. So I've stopped selling my bolts, the profit isn't enough. I make imperial silk instead and am saving it for starter epics.

Meh... Stuff is so easy to gather its crazy... there really isn't any reason for anything to be expensive other than by artificially inflating the market... the market will ALWAYS balance itself out... when things are cheap, people pull their items off the ah until there is scarcity (artificial since the items exist, just aren't being sold), at which point they can once again set the price at whatever outrageous level makes sense to them... all I do is simply prevent the market from becoming unbalanced in favor of the ah barons... everyone still wins because they can still sell, provided they constantly buy up my inventory... at which point, i just post more... they keep getting inventory, I keep selling, and the little guy still gets to get his stuff cheaply if they act faster than the ah baron who buys up my inventory... really no one loses because I can't be in the game 24/7 nor can i drive the market down for every product category so they can still make sales... probably just not as many as they normally would.
90 Human Death Knight
isnt it against TOS to mess with the economy. im sure 20-30 arent an issue but if it become a constant, im sure you will get hit with a suspension. i know there waving the ban stick since they lost there botting law suit
90 Undead Death Knight
isnt it against TOS to mess with the economy. im sure 20-30 arent an issue but if it become a constant, im sure you will get hit with a suspension. i know there waving the ban stick since they lost there botting law suit

There are specific ways to mess with the economy that they frown upon... driving down prices isn't one of them...

Here is the part in the TOS about the economy:

Abuse of the Economy

We take action against accounts for Abuse of the Economy when one or more characters on the account are identified exchanging or contributing to the exchange of in-game property (items or gold) for "real-world" currency. This exchange negatively impacts the World of Warcraft game environment by detracting from the value of the in-game economy. Please note that this category can include accounts we find to be supplying property for exchange to "real-world" currency. Supplying can be described as otherwise normal in-game play (such as gathering ore and herbs) and filtering these goods to a final account for the "real-world" currency exchange. If a player is found to have participated in this kind of transaction, he/she may: get banned or suspended

What I am doing isn't done for real world currency, though the argument can be made that hte people who play the AH in order to reach the gold cap aren't doing it for some sense of accomplishment, but to generate gold they can sell for real world currency...
90 Dwarf Hunter
I enjoy undercutting dbags that put glyphs up for 300g just because they have the only one up there.
05/11/2013 09:51 PMPosted by Bomdanil

/end thread
90 Blood Elf Warlock

There are some things they don't like, but 99% of them involve buying/selling gold or items for real $$.
100 Draenei Mage
05/11/2013 10:08 PMPosted by Grimmoire

Yep it is fun... That's what I think a lot of the people who write "you're wasting time, these guys account for you and you aren't doing anything!" don't seem to understand...

THIS.
IS.
FUN.
FOR.
ME!

And you don't seem to understand it's more fun for people like me to just buy your under priced stuff to resell it or just remove it from the market all together so you can feel like you've done something by earning a quick buck.
100 Human Priest

THIS.
IS.
FUN.
FOR.
ME!

And you don't seem to understand it's more fun for people like me to just buy your under priced stuff to resell it or just remove it from the market all together so you can feel like you've done something by earning a quick buck.
Nah. They understand..they just don't care. People like them don't give a !@#$ who buys it. Just as long as it's gone. It's not real money so it's never seen as or feels like a loss to them. Maybe they want the others to feel like they are doing something. Watching players come to the rescue is most likely where all their fun comes from. They understand.
Edited by Dendi on 5/12/2013 1:45 AM PDT
90 Undead Death Knight

Nah. They understand..they just don't care. People like them don't give a !@#$ who buys it. Just as long as it gone. It's not real money so it's never seen as or feels like a loss to them. Maybe they want the others to feel like they are doing something. Watching players come to the rescue is most likely where all their fun comes from.

Nope... the fun for me comes from the numerous people who send me in game messages telling me that I am ruining the economy... or telling me they are going to report me... thats where the fun becomes tangible... i couldn't give two poops if others feel like I am doing something... so long as I am having fun... My whole point for starting this thread was to see if there were any like minded people who enjoyed doing what I do... so if my curiosity is wanting "others to feel like they are doing something" sure... i can go with that if it helps you rationalize why I have fun keeping prices down...
90 Pandaren Priest
Just think if WOW was like the real world, all that moolah and items would long be stolen and some poor midget would be found facedown in the hills...oh wait that last part happens in Battlegrounds lol.
100 Draenei Shaman
I really fail to see fun playing the ah. I just want to get rid of my stuff. When i get some item that has low demand but high offer i just vendor it, because i hate reposting things very often.
100 Draenei Shaman
I collect upwards of 1000 ore a day just by gathering while I do dailies so each night I cut whatever I want and post on the AH... driving prices down to reasonable levels... i do it every night and every morning I do it all again.
I just hope you are not using a bot because that is against ToS. Aside from that it all good. High offer brings prices down. That is a fact.
Edited by Shamantra on 5/12/2013 5:11 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]