Noone wants enhance...

67 Orc Shaman
HAM
In RBGs as of 5.2 (STILL),...Any of you guys care to help theorycraft some comps that MIGHT incorporate them ?

Before you say, NO ENHANCE DOESN'T BELONG IN RBGS or RBGS ARE PATHETIC..

Says who ? With some of the new buffs coming out for enhancement shaman and rets....things may change a good bit !

I've been considering a melee cleave comp (for 5.3) that'll incorporate an enhancement shaman or 2 into them. Since Rets are getting buffed and Devotion Aura will also dispell silences and can be used while silenced.
It'd be a 4 healer group really reliant on dispells.

1)Ret- FoJ/Repentance Spec'd
2)Enh-Windwalk totem
3)Enh-windwalk totem
4)WW Monk with RoP
5)Filler (likely a MM /Surv [with a BM Offspec] Hunterof some sort) Hunter for node defense and ridiculous Single Target Burst.

Heal Team consisting of : Mistweaver,RSham,Dpriest,Hpally.
FC = Demo Lock Stam Stacked with Soul/Sac in Dark Apotheosis.

Any thoughts to flesh out some ideas would be great. I mean, enhancement shaman are great still against clothies so the DoT Cleaves you'd face,..might get steamrolled ?
Not 100% sure.
I really would love to break the mould of DK/Boomkin/Mage/rogue mandantorily being there.
Edited by Shoknload on 5/9/2013 1:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
enh actually works well in rbgs currently.

my guild's main group usually runs with one at ~2.1-2.3 mmr. just grip beam all the healers and then the enh just ascendances and gibs at least 1 of them with stormblast.
Reply Quote
67 Orc Shaman
HAM
enh just ascendances and gibs at least 1 of them with stormblast.

Interesting..

What kind of comp is it ? and are you replacing the rogue ?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
mostly still a caster-cleave

usually looks something like...

Fdk, Enh, Sub, Boomkin, frost Mage, destro Lock, War (tank) for dps, Hpally, MW, Rsham

if the enh isnt online, we'll usually replace with a second boomkin or lock but from what i hear my guildies prefer running with the enh over second boomkin/lock
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
kind of sucks that my two faves are enh shaman and ret pallies and its so hard to find groups for that.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
kind of sucks that my two faves are enh shaman and ret pallies and its so hard to find groups for that.

we took a ret to our B-team's group tonight at around 2050 mmr, worked out pretty well.

i think itll be better next patch when ret (and enh) damage is buffed decently, while other specs are nerfed quite a bit.
Reply Quote
67 Orc Shaman
HAM
i think itll be better next patch when ret (and enh) damage is buffed decently, while other specs are nerfed quite a bit.

Yeah trying to run a melee cleave now as suggested would be futile...everyone would tunnel the ret to bubble and /lol after he's silenced out of anything when bubble goes down then nuked after.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Yeah trying to run a melee cleave now as suggested would be futile...everyone would tunnel the ret to bubble and /lol after he's silenced out of anything when bubble goes down then nuked afte

we played against a melee cleave in a twin peaks last week.. they started out really well and killed two of our healers while they had full cooldowns up, but after everyone's burst was down there was no pressure left and we ended up wiping them. idk.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Ret burst right now is ridonculous in RBGs. Next patch it will be crazy. Enhance burst is right up there with rets. What enhance has going for it is ascendance. Enh pops ascendance and SOMETHING is gonna die.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
It's possible for enh/ret to do well in rbgs if the team allows them to play the small group game.

This means you avoid major teamfights, and just have a small attack force or node ninjaingforce.

The only thing that can prevent an enh shaman from solo ninjaing a flag is a destro lock or rogue with a brain (but most do not have one, so you should be fine) and a tank.

But having an enh on your rbg team does require the team to have an open mind to play different startegies that utilize his high burst abilities but long cds. Enhance is fairly useless outside of ascendence in rbgs, and time without ascendence is often best utilized as a scout or as getting into position to maxmimize ascendence when it is up.

Also the enh has to be able to take the initiative and do what he feels he must do to win the game. Most of the time the RBG leader won't know how to use you effectively, so don't feel too bad if you simply wander away from his directions and do what YOU need to do as an enhance to secure the highest chance of victory.
Reply Quote
88 Dwarf Warrior
While i have nothing to add to the rbg topic, i am gonna try enh/ret/disc sometime after 5.3. I figure its high uptime burst cleave that might be fun to try.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Enhance shamans that want to have an RBG slot should make sure they can TC. They have the purges, which help the pressure. Also, an enhance usually replaces a FDK or a rogue... so yeah, they need to be able to TC.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Shouldn't the enh shaman replace the frost DK in RBGs? between huge burst, purge spam and great mobility i think enhancements should be target calling.

the only thing is every RBG team is a caster cleave. and DKs have that move that can grab all those casters and pull them in to CC. also since RBGs all operate as a huge ball of 10 people killing things. DKs are the only class that has a move that can seperate one of the calfs from the herd.

kinda went on a tangent there but i'm saying the problem isn't enhancement the problem is RBGs and how limited their composition are right now.

if you don't have a DK. ur gonna lose, if u dont have a boomkin. ur gonna lose, if u dont have a mage. ur gonna lose, if you dont have a MW. ur gonna lose, if u dont have 1-3 locks. ur gonna lose, and everyone else is just filler. except arms warriors. if u have an arms. warrior your gonna lose.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Shouldn't the enh shaman replace the frost DK in RBGs? between huge burst, purge spam and great mobility i think enhancements should be target calling.

Yes, usually.

kinda went on a tangent there but i'm saying the problem isn't enhancement the problem is RBGs and how limited their composition are right now.

Mostly true, but enhance aren't the only ones.

if you don't have a DK. ur gonna lose, if u dont have a boomkin. ur gonna lose, if u dont have a mage. ur gonna lose, if you dont have a MW. ur gonna lose, if u dont have 1-3 locks. ur gonna lose, and everyone else is just filler. except arms warriors. if u have an arms. warrior your gonna lose.

Not true. What you've described by means of exclusion is a "cookie cutter" comp that is the basic/most common RBG comp you see. Plenty of good players are running comps that exclude boomkins in favor of more of the other casters, exclude MW in favor of disc/druid/rshammy heals comp, and find ways to include WW, enhance, arcane mage, etc. This is all obviously done with care, but with good team support and good players, it works.
Edited by Serges on 5/11/2013 6:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Enhance is great every 3 minutes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]