Burst of speed should be baseline.

90 Human Rogue
And should replace sprint, hell they can even re-name it too sprint for all I care.

The reason is basic and simple. Burst of speed improves rogue mobility to something that it SHOULD be at all times.

Mobility talents should be cooldown type or passive type things; such as shadowstep.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I... like my sprint though... it doesn't cost energy, and I can use it to run on water.
Idk I feel like a lot of rogues would be angry if it replaced Sprint. I could see BoS being a glyph that replaces your Sprint with it though.

But then what would replace BoS on the tree? I really don't want another teleporty thing.

It's bad enough Killing Spree teleports me around. My rogue isn't supposed to be a magician. Hell I don't even want him to be that sneaky, he's just supposed to be a scoundrel.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Sounds like a step* in the right direction lol ;p
Reply Quote
Idk if it would be op but if rogues could have shadow step AND BoS their mobility issues would be solved. It would be the best of both worlds.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Yep, the mobility issues would be a thing of the past.

Hell I would be happy if the glyphs of sprint and blurred speed worked with burst of speed.

But for what ever dumb reason they don't.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I think the problem with your wanting BoS as a replacement for Sprint is simply because it does similar things when compared with Sprint, the more noticeable things being that BoS removes slows and costs energy, whereas Sprint costs no energy, incurs a 1 minute CD and doesn't remove slows or roots like it did for combat rogues (or any rogue who dove into the Combat Tree to pick up the talents for this effect) Pre-MoP. BoS would be infinitely better under these circumstances.

The things I would like to see would be changes to sprint, making it more favorable, maybe as a root/slow removal method and immunity while active. Heck, make the "while active" bit a Major Glyph, but it still gives Sprint something useful on activation.

It's a little annoying when I don't even find myself using Sprint at all when I have BoS on my action bar...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
It's a little annoying when I don't even find myself using Sprint at all when I have BoS on my action bar...
Walk on water and when I don't expect there to be incoming slows. Those two are the times I use it.
Reply Quote
you guys are on crack.
Reply Quote
maybe an improved sprint on the talent tree in place of bos? Like immune to slows or longer duration and increased speed.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
you guys are on crack.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]