You'll have to enlighten me exactly of what a 'good' sandstorm comp is.Because all of mine get beaten down
It depends on how much opposing weather you anticipate facing. If it's very little, then Anubisath Idol alone would suffice. If you run into a lot of teams with opposing weather, you may be forced to also drag along a Magic Broom.
Good absusers of Sandstorm include:
- Emerald Proto-Whelp
- Magical Crawdad
- Shimmershell Snail (because 305 power is the highest power snail)
- Stoneskin/Shell Shield users in general (though ones with low power have trouble putting up a return offense and can die to attrition)
- Many forms of healing (Anubisath's humanoid racial is one of the factors that makes it a major abuser)
- Things with good solid sources of single-hit Undead damage (for a mirror match), and Flying doesn't hurt to meta the meta (Sandstorm itself deals a large amount of single-hit Flying damage)
I had tested with Anubisath + Enchanted Broom (2nd Sandstorm user) + Emerald Proto-Whelp. Didn't lose, slow as hell and basically unkillable, didn't lose. Not very fun for me or my enemy. Plenty of better options to replace the Broom if I don't expect to be in a weather war.
Things to NOT use with Sandstorm:
- Anything with multi-hit attacks (many Flying type moves for example, which is what makes it harder to counter a Sandstorm team, as Anubisath is often supported by an Aquatic)
- Things with low power, like pretty much all Speed based pets who already hit weakly and also often rely on multi-hits
If the Elemental racial gets changed, it's more of a buff for Sandstorm than a nerf. Previously Sandstorm screwed over several elementals hard... but a change would mean several more viable users enter the playing field (Pandaren Earth Spirit/Grinder for example). This would make it easier to compose a team with 2, or even 3, Sandstorm users to ensure the weather never leaves your favor.