Pet Battles PVP Getting stale: Conflagrate

90 Troll Rogue
There does need to be a middle ground. Countering DOTs also kills a lot of other Critters or Speed based multi-hit pets. As you can see, Sandstorm is absurdly effective and resillient while not being particularly fun for either player.

Sandstorm is held in check right now by the fact there are only two pets that can actually be used to put up sandstorm and one of them (broom) is a terrible fit for a sandstorm team. If the elemental racial gets changed to something more beneficial for a sandstorm team then sandstorm might need a nerf but for now the limited number of viable suppliers keeps sandstorm relatively in check.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
05/14/2013 07:41 AMPosted by Stax
This is nowhere near as overpowered as Sandstorm teams. Pray those never catch on. They are absurdly overpowered (I've even tried my own more-abusive variant to see) but tend to go unplayed because it's slow. If the Elemental racial does get changed, I cringe because of how many viable new Sandstorm users enter the pet pool.
You'll have to enlighten me exactly of what a 'good' sandstorm comp is.

Because all of mine get beaten down

There isn't one. The person you quoted has been trying to convince everyone for a long that Sandstorm is incredibly overpowered. The only problem is, it isn't. They just won't listen to anyone who knows what they are talking about because they don't want to be wrong. I suspect that they also just don't like defensive teams that take a long time to beat (or to beat you), many of which use Sandstorm. Interestingly, most people realize that being tank-y is not overpowered.
Reply Quote
Sandstorm is held in check right now by the fact there are only two pets that can actually be used to put up sandstorm and one of them (broom) is a terrible fit for a sandstorm team
http://www.wowhead.com/petability=453
???

Interestingly, most people realize that being tank-y is not overpowered.

As someone who goes tank or goes home, I agree. It's actually fairly underpowered, as all that extra hp does little/nothing in the face of stuns and other CC.
Edited by Stax on 5/15/2013 1:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
05/15/2013 10:28 AMPosted by Chorn

There isn't one.

I disagree with this statement. I think there are some good Sandstorm teams, like the ones I mentioned earlier. I think the Idol in particular has a brutal move set. Since I recently started using the Idol I've rarely lost with my main Sandstorm team. Not just once, but on many occasions I have taken out entire teams with just my Idol in a Sandstorm. Your experience may be different depending on your meta, playstyle, and luck (misses/dodges), but I think Sandstorm teams, especially Idol teams can be very competitive.

By saying something is good and powerful I am not calling for a nerf. I just think people tend to argue that something sucks when they don't want it nerfed, they argue it's OP when they do want it nerfed. There are pets that are good but don't need nerfs.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

There isn't one.

I disagree with this statement.

Sorry, I was mostly reacting to the person who likes to say that Sandstorm is OP. You are right, you can come up with good teams with Sandstorm.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
http://www.wowhead.com/petability=453
???

I forgot about silithid hatchling but what I was trying to say is most pets with sandstorm are elementals which at the moment have no place on a sandstorm team since they don't get the shield.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
05/14/2013 07:41 AMPosted by Stax
This is nowhere near as overpowered as Sandstorm teams. Pray those never catch on. They are absurdly overpowered (I've even tried my own more-abusive variant to see) but tend to go unplayed because it's slow. If the Elemental racial does get changed, I cringe because of how many viable new Sandstorm users enter the pet pool.

I'm curious as well. Great for taking on some trainers, but otherwise?
Reply Quote
19 Human Paladin
conflag was nerfed on patch 5.2, base damage was increased 20%, and the bonus attack was reduced 60%

fighting major payne alot doing dailies, critters actually do really well against elementals due to 33% dmg reduc, but they would not be useful against red and silver dragonhawk conflag set-ups because they have a critter attack.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
Every bloody pet team I fight lately has been based around one of those flame elemental guys using Conflagrate. People can't even be bothered try out a different pet that knows the move.

Learn to be creative.

The reason people like the Elementals is because they aren't affected by Scorched Earth. It's not so much a creativity issue. It is really the most effective way to use a Conflag team.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]