Warrior buffs enough?

90 Undead Warrior

Yeah.
With warrior damage scaled back I think it'll come down to who gets the opener and a good one between the two now; Which is how it should be.
I catch you out on your own? Ded. You catch me? Ded.

Seems good to me.

When's the last time you were able to get the opener on a rogue team?

Last time I did 2's.

Rogue was retarded and opened on somebody I safeguarded.

Also they have partners. You have partners.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
You people are crazy if you think Warriors are fine based on Comparison to other classes.

Give us a entire plethora of Banners already so we can feel useful, and give us Intervene Breaking roots baseline so I can pick something utility like, because it's getting annoying being turned down for RBGs because EVERY OTHER CLASS DOES WHAT WE DO BUT BETTER.

This is just becoming a dead horse being beaten.
Give me three good reasons why you would ever want a Warrior over a DK or a Rogue.

I mean it's pretty obvious what needs to happen.

We need Intervene to break roots be Baseline.
We need Rallying Cry not to cause HP lose when it's over, it's just unnecessary.
Gag Order should still have Heroic Throw silence your target. Only reason why it was remotely overpowered was because Pummble also Silenced. We're garbage at range, and it's a kiting game for fighting Warriors.
We need some stupid Banner that offers something to the group, like a AoE Speed boost.
Shockwave should be 30 second CD
Bladestorm needs to be buffed for Arms (150%)
Warbringer Shouldn't DR with anything, that was just stupid. Why would anyone in PvP take a talent that hinders our movement if all it does is make your other stuns suck a big one.
Staggering Shout should never break, who's idea was that?
Battle Stance should have 10% DR attached to it. D-Stance at 25% and BS at 10% Makes a whole lot of sense.
Bloodbath should NEVER fall off your target if they someone how break snares. It should continue the way it is.
Our Disarm shouldn't be Dodge/Parried. That's just stupid. It's a defensive. Not an offensive. I don't want our Defenses based off RNG.
Spell Reflect shouldn't require a shield, that is very outdated.
I'll keep Shield Wall with a shield, since theme wise, it makes sense. But at least let us do something while stunned, being stun locked for 6 seconds without a trinket, seeing Shield Wall on CD, is awful.
Enraged Regen should be 20%/20% for Enraged cases, and 10%/10% for non-enraged cases. Should never have a Rage Cost.
Impending Victory shouldn't have a Rage Cost.

And Finally
Here's what pisses me off the most
Get ready for it
SHATTERING THROW IS SO BAD I BARELY FEEL LIKE USING IT
Make it either A) Instant and cost Rage, or B) Cast but cost No Rage.
Edited by Thundermaul on 5/14/2013 3:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
TIA
uummm you have 2 spell reflects, how is that not magic defensive? and you cave the option to have 2 charges along with your heroic leap and intervene onto banner/teammate.

and how is shield wall outdated? because you cant tunnel someone without swapping to a shield for a bit to get heals?

Casters ##*!!@%@ warriors sorry, actually most classes.. every* class does.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
These warrior changes are good, I don't feel like we need that much more buffs, if not just QoL changes.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Honestly one of the only other changes I feel would be great is baseline root break in intervene.

I feel no rage shattering throw might be a bit OP.
A glyph that removes the armor reduction but makes it instant might be the only balanced solution.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Honestly one of the only other changes I feel would be great is baseline root break in intervene.

I feel no rage shattering throw might be a bit OP.
A glyph that removes the armor reduction but makes it instant might be the only balanced solution.

Think about it like this.
When the ability was made, it was a hard counter for Paladins and Mages. They couldn't Bubble as much as they do. A Paladin can Bubble 3 times, you can break one. Mages can Block twice, you can break one. It wouldn't be remotely overpowered.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I'll admit that Shattering throw is !@#$ for PVP though, particularly compared to Mass Dispel.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I'll admit that Shattering throw is !@#$ for PVP though, particularly compared to Mass Dispel.

Here's my reasoning between Cast no Rage vs No Cast Cost Rage

Nothing worse then having no Rage with BS/CS on CD. Or using on of those abilities and then only having like 23 Rage. Thus, Casting it but no Rage cost.

Or, the alternative, having it have No cast time, but cost Rage. 25 Rage is a lot to ask for in PvP, when you think about it. You can't generate Rage off a Bubbled/Ice Blocked Target, so if you didn't pool 25 Rage, it's hard to obtain, or at least takes two Globals.

Having it both take a Cast and Rage causes two problems. One, being that you need Rage. Two being that you can be CC'd while casting, gripped, bumped flicked, maybe even mooned.

Even looking at Mass Dispel, it's like, why hasn't our ability changed since it was made.
Edited by Thundermaul on 5/14/2013 3:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
ooohhhhh so that makes sense , instead of buffing 1 class just nerf every single other class , that seems much easier..
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
ooohhhhh so that makes sense , instead of buffing 1 class just nerf every single other class , that seems much easier..

That's how they buffed mages this patch
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
shattering throw would be ridiculously overpowered as an instant cast

you'd immediately negate bubbles/blocks, do you really think that's fair?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior

It seems fair for disc priests, so hey, why not. Besides, 5 minutes CD on the throw.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

Then have it cost no rage and take a cast.

I mean seriously though, it's a 5 minute CD.
Even having it instant wouldn't make it strong it to ripple effect to break the next bubble/iceblock
Edited by Thundermaul on 5/14/2013 3:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior

Bring it to 12 sec CD like mass Dispel and hell I don't care if it costs 40 rage and a 2 Sec cast. It'll still be weaker than mass dispel.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I seem to always end the conversations. :(
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
DK or maybe Rogue. Warrior can get out every 30s. Feral quality? No. But it's a lot better than the alternative.

If an ally is in range. If not, then it's every 3 minutes.

It also potentially !@#$s up our positioning. Having to Intervene away from the Mage to break a nova is always fun.

Disable has an infuriatingly short hit box that requires you to already be basically on top of someone for it to apply sometimes. It sucks. If you queue into Brazilians or something on your WW, you'll want to shoot yourself.

Hamstring has the exact same hitbox, it just doesn't autorefresh, lasts less time, costs Rage, and doesn't root.

MfD is the 90 tier pick. ST faded after the novelty wore off. Some still use it, but MfD is better.

MfD is good for openers.

ST is good for everything. Cheap combo points, maintaining SnD at range, decent ranged pressure, poison application - it's just better. That's why it's being nerfed.

You could say the same for most specs. People pop CDs, they get CC'd. Damage gets interrupted or healed w/o cross CC. Sort of how it goes.

Not what I meant. I mean every class has a way to mitigate physical damage (armor) on top of normal resilience, and many classes have defensive abilities that function more effectively versus physical damage - bubble, Die by the Sword, the whole parry/dodge system, etc.

30-35k is sort of a lot for filler.

It's really, really not. I have over 400k unbuffed health. 30k crits, 35k on a good day, isn't much of that. And it's hardly spammable, even in Battle Stance.

That Backstab you laud as doing so little damage? Yeah, that can crit for 35k. And it's not balanced around critting like Overpower is.

WW isn't, no. They're fine. Sub can energy starve in a hurry. Hemo costs 30 and does less damage than your "filler". Backstab is 35. Openers are 40 up to 60 for in stealth Ambush. Energy regen is 14~ per second w/ Slice. Mut has it even worse and is always waiting for energy. Feral is too.

We tried the experiment where arms had good rage gen in defensive stance. It got silly. I'm not going to argue that rage regen for Arms is good, but I don't feel like it's particularly more frustrating than energy regen for a variety of specs. Long story short, they don't seem to want melee to be using every global to pound out damage. If you can get close to that, you're in good shape.

If you keep up SnD 100% of the time and don't burn Energy unnecessarily, you generally won't have Energy problems as Sub.

Though little-used, Combat only has Energy problems if you give yourself carpal tunnel with your button-pressing speed.

Mutilate hits so hard that Assassination would be OP if it had decent regen, though I'd still like the Venomous Wounds proc rate upped to 100% and for Garrote/Rupture to stack again. Assassination's my favorite spec by far.

I'm not asking for floods of Rage in Defensive Stance. I'm asking for floods of Rage in Battle Stance (which is supposed to be our DPS stance) and enough Rage in Defensive Stance that I put out some sort of meaningful pressure. As it is now, if a Warrior is going defensive, he is completely negligible.

Yes, you have to tank the damage. But of the melees that do have a true anti-magic defense CD, how many can LoS as well as a warrior? Just WW? Rogue can use a 2nd CD to vanish I guess? Warrior's 3 instant movement abilities together are really, really powerful, and make tweaking them in other areas sort of dangerous and difficult. They become too close to having everything. IMO the main reason warriors are having problems with casters is primarily the abundance of instants and relative rarity of frequent hard casting since it somewhat negates a warrior being second only to ferals at being permanently entrenched in a caster's colon.

I agree with the majority of this, excepting the part where our ability to LoS things every 30 seconds is useful. We can't even heal unless we're already sub 35%, and it benefits the other class, too.

And 2nd wind might not be great, but it beats the hell out of Recup.

Irrelevant comparison, and ours has to be talented.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
You people are crazy if you think Warriors are fine based on Comparison to other classes.

Give us a entire plethora of Banners already so we can feel useful, and give us Intervene Breaking roots baseline so I can pick something utility like, because it's getting annoying being turned down for RBGs because EVERY OTHER CLASS DOES WHAT WE DO BUT BETTER.

This is just becoming a dead horse being beaten.
Give me three good reasons why you would ever want a Warrior over a DK or a Rogue.

I mean it's pretty obvious what needs to happen.

We need Intervene to break roots be Baseline.
We need Rallying Cry not to cause HP lose when it's over, it's just unnecessary.
Gag Order should still have Heroic Throw silence your target. Only reason why it was remotely overpowered was because Pummble also Silenced. We're garbage at range, and it's a kiting game for fighting Warriors.
We need some stupid Banner that offers something to the group, like a AoE Speed boost.
Shockwave should be 30 second CD
Bladestorm needs to be buffed for Arms (150%)
Warbringer Shouldn't DR with anything, that was just stupid. Why would anyone in PvP take a talent that hinders our movement if all it does is make your other stuns suck a big one.
Staggering Shout should never break, who's idea was that?
Battle Stance should have 10% DR attached to it. D-Stance at 25% and BS at 10% Makes a whole lot of sense.
Bloodbath should NEVER fall off your target if they someone how break snares. It should continue the way it is.
Our Disarm shouldn't be Dodge/Parried. That's just stupid. It's a defensive. Not an offensive. I don't want our Defenses based off RNG.
Spell Reflect shouldn't require a shield, that is very outdated.
I'll keep Shield Wall with a shield, since theme wise, it makes sense. But at least let us do something while stunned, being stun locked for 6 seconds without a trinket, seeing Shield Wall on CD, is awful.
Enraged Regen should be 20%/20% for Enraged cases, and 10%/10% for non-enraged cases. Should never have a Rage Cost.
Impending Victory shouldn't have a Rage Cost.

And Finally
Here's what pisses me off the most
Get ready for it
SHATTERING THROW IS SO BAD I BARELY FEEL LIKE USING IT
Make it either A) Instant and cost Rage, or B) Cast but cost No Rage.

rofl
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
warriors are OP gtfo

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Thuglove/achievement#81
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Thuglove/achievement#95:165
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Thuglove/achievement#95

~ thuglove, the bloodthirsty out.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Removing the rage cost on OP would be great with the revert to 25% in def. Feel helpless in Def.

Allowing charge to break roots or going back to the 3 sec silence on heroic throw would be a nice touch as well.

Seeing people say that "Warriors are fine" is really strange. When have you seen a warrior in an rbg that wasn't a prot ? No one would pick up an Arms over the other melee options. The option as prot is just in mid mmr, we are squishy as crap tbh,even as tanks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]