Goodbye my sweet child

This is my farewell Blade's Edge. Been rockin' it since Burning Crusade and the player pool to recruit from is as dry as ever. I can't run a successful guild here anymore.

Me and my boys are heading over to Bleeding Hollow, if anyone wants to keep in touch. But don't worry you haven't seen the last of me here.

I will be back for whats rightfully mine.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
We've given you this time to rebuild, Stormwind. (And Ironforge, Deeprun Tram, Goldshire, Westfall~)

See you at Blizzcon 2013

Blade's Edge or die
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
http://youtu.be/YaG5SAw1n0c
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26lf149kSRM

Never forget the legends
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Wow, I am bummed and not even in your guild. You have been a legend and such a nice player on this server. Will let Cowthulu know.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Poor Blade's Edge...I finally moved my last toon from there about two weeks ago. Been there since Wrath. :(

Btw..this is Keise...got a name change. :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
right as our roster gets to the point where we are rolling along.... gl to you, sad to see all the competition go. We will strap on the big boy pants and get B.E. where we had it at the end of Wrath. See you around ribs.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Ive been here since BC and while I have no clue about horde side, I'd say Alliance side is worse than ever. Been playing on other servers, log over here and feels like a ghost town which is sad. I'd love to see us make a comeback but seems blizzard needs to do some server merging or something.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Ive been here since BC and while I have no clue about horde side, I'd say Alliance side is worse than ever. Been playing on other servers, log over here and feels like a ghost town which is sad. I'd love to see us make a comeback but seems blizzard needs to do some server merging or something.

Horde side has always been a decent amount lower than Alliance side, so you can imagine just how bad our side is right now, even compared to you guys.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Reporting in from patch 2.2 (I think), been quite an adventure here. I'll be jumping ship with these fails. If for some weird reason anyone ever wants to talk or do anything here, my rogue is still going to be on this realm (Limstella).

Jenks is fat IRL
Reply Quote
right as our roster gets to the point where we are rolling along.... gl to you, sad to see all the competition go. We will strap on the big boy pants and get B.E. where we had it at the end of Wrath. See you around ribs.

I would not say 'all' the competition has gone...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Good luck to you sir and I hope your move was as successful as ours, it is refreshing to be on an active server once again.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Poor Blade's Edge...I finally moved my last toon from there about two weeks ago. Been there since Wrath. :(

Btw..this is Keise...got a name change. :)

Thinking of bringing my hunter there. I hear Daryl has stopped playing though!
Reply Quote
I would not say 'all' the competition has gone...

Let me explain this. Most 25man Raiding guilds don't care about 10man raiding guilds, more progressed or less progressed. The way Blizzard goes about it is awful, but the fights are so different on each difficulty that they are and should be globally considered separate progression.
Reply Quote
70 Pandaren Monk
the whole 10/25 thing is stupid back in the day yes 10 were stupid easy in compairison but not anymore 25's get geared 10 times faster then 10's and the fights arent any easier blizz caters to 25 casue everyone complains that they r failing apart and they r trying to save them boo hoo and i completely understand y u guys r leaving server cause u dried up all your recruitment resources 3/4 of blades edge has been in phase 2 at one point or another GL on bleeding hollow
Reply Quote
Ok Bigblackout let me go into a few things here.

25's gear the same speed as a 10man. Its all RNG, Prime example. On our first heroic Jin'rok kill we had 3 Shoulders and 3 Rings drop, nothing else. Ended up sharding 1 of the shoulders on a first H kill. Every kill for almost 7 weeks straight we did not see a Conq token off Council, again horrible RNG. That is RNG just as RNG is the same in a 10man.

The fights vary about even this tier, some are easier on 10man and some are easier on 25man. You can't argue that in favor of one or the other.

The fact of the matter is the two are complete different on many scales and should be considered that by the community

Thank you buddy for your good wishes.
Edited by Ribeyes on 5/15/2013 5:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
70 Pandaren Monk
and no u guys 1st have a 25% chance at a piece of gear being thunder forged out of what 5 or nc6 pieces of gear dropping we have a whopping 2 pieces drop with a 10% chance and the chances r u will c a certain piece of gear drop when a boss drops 12 items so u got a 50/50 shot a seeing it we have a 1/6 shot of ever seeing it like this week was our first week we have had a strength trinket drop while in all the 25 man guild every single plate wearer is useing 2 of them already and u r prolly sharding them by this point it took us 3 additional weeks of gearing to catch the 25 man guilds in gear that were progressing at the same speed we were yes RNG sucks but the chances r still on your side
Reply Quote
70 Pandaren Monk
either way we will still watch ya on wow progress dont all our friends from phase 2 be strangers ive been here since BC also i know alot of u ladies n gents
Reply Quote
That is hard to read damn...

They give us higher TF drop rate because 25man raiding is 10000% harder to organize. People need to reason to want to do 25's again, it's the reason they are dying off. Why go through the hassle that is 25man raiding when you can just run a 10man, so less stressful. Trust me, I've ran both at the highest levels after the lockout change, 10man leading is a breathe of fresh air.

It's still RNG. You have less people to hand gear out to, we have more you get 3 pieces we get 6. Crying about loot drops isn't really a valid argument.

How do you explain my 25man guild still needing 5-6 Conq tokens?

Yes thank you, recruiting for a 25man guild is too hard here anymore and all of our long time raiders that have been on this realm agree and hate that it's come to this, but if we don't move it'll just slowly get worse.
Edited by Ribeyes on 5/15/2013 5:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I'm not one to argue about this anymore (I've argued about it for a few years now since it's so blatantly obvious and it's sad that people still think they're equal) but the vast majority of 10 man encounters on both normal and heroic mode are jokes compared to 25 man. I've done 10 and 25 man versions of all of the raids in Cata and MoP and there's just no contest. Most people arguing that they're equal are 10 man guilds that have not done any 25 mans outside of LFR, but still think they're equal even though they've only seen one side.

See ya Blade's Edge, glad to get away from that mentality.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]