Potential Transfers

90 Tauren Paladin
Greetings all!

My fiance and I were looking into moving to a new realm to escape the excessively large population on Kil'jaeden, but still have something that's not so small. She picked this realm, and asked me to post to see how the population, economy, and progression are on the Horde side.

Is this realm doing alright for itself in those terms? We'd first be bringing over her Holy Priest, and my Ret Pally, and potentially more.

We are both raiders since BC, though she has yet to get to do normal mode raids this expansion. We both also occasionally PvP, and we just love the RP communities.

I look forward to hearing from anyone. Thanks for your time.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
You are going to get a mixed reply on how the server is doing. I can't speak so much about the alliance side, other then historically they have always out numbered the horde.

As for the horde side: We lost a lot of our top guilds, to other servers toward the last part of Cata, and 1st part of MoP. Even Mischief lift the server for a time. However about 3 or 4 months ago a core group of our original founders/members returned to the game/server, and we have been rebuilding ever since. In that short time we have reestablished ourselves as a very active 25 man raiding guild(the only one on the server to my knowledge). We are about number 2 or 3 on the horde side for progress.

I know I will get myself trolled for this innocently sticks tongue out at Alliance ; P We are also reestablishing ourselves as a top PvP guild. We dominate the wall, and we are starting to get our feet wet with RBGs.

Other horde sides guild appear to be going strong now as well. Oh! To be sure there are still a lot of players who believe that the server is still dying. But I like to think we are just getting our second wind.
Edited by Ewing on 5/16/2013 12:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
I rolled an alt on a super high-pop server recently. It makes me like SC a lot more.

As for what Ewing said, he's right on the money from the Horde perspective. Alliance is either pretty stagnant or tight-knit and established, depending on how you want to look at it.

If you stay out of Trade, what really shines about this server is how friendly everybody is. Coming from a different server and having alts on different servers, I have literally never encountered a nicer group of people aside from the few human tumors that every server has.

Of course, it seems like that attitude comes at the cost of raiding ability, but sometimes it's nice to be a big fish in a small pond.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warrior
Scarlet Crusade isn't a "bad" realm if you are looking for generally low population (alliance) or dead population (horde) with more social interaction than anything. The pvp isn't anything special, but fun if you enjoy just very casual bging and what not.
The raiding is, from a raider standpoint, just sad. Often is the case with a more social based realm.

As for the social aspect, tight-knit groups of friends/guilds are all over, which can be a good thing. However, often there is quite a bit of guild-on-guild animosity sadly. (Not trying to paint a horrible picture here, just stating the good with the bad)

The biggest "perk" of being on SC, or having alts here or whatever anyway, is that it's a nice realm to just hang out, do some achievements, do old content, etc. as it's RP, non PvP, there is no real risks to take.

My main and more played alts are on other realms now, but I have a few here that I enjoy playing simply because of the people here, for the most part. :P

<Forge Camp Sunshine>, <Misfit Militia>, <TwilightAngelz> and a few other guilds are pretty socially active and often do many old runs, are friend/family safe etc...

Overall, I'd just say try it out. Don't expect current content/high end raiding or high end pvp, but that's the beauty of a game where you can be as casual or hardcore as you want. You can do whatever makes YOU happy, and not have to worry about keeping up with others if you don't want to.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warrior
My apologies also, that was mostly Alliance based, as the Horde side has died off quite a bit and I have lost track of which guilds thrive still. I hope that you are able to find some better information regarding their side and views.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Since friendly numbers make any discussion more complete, I will provide them!

I scan alliance and horde populations using the wow census addon several times a week.

Alliance has about 340 people on line during prime-time, and a total of about 2900 active players (30 day activity).

Horde has about 140 people on during prime-time, and a total of ~1400 active players.

The numbers on line are somewhat variable.

I don't know how these numbers compare to a high population server, since I've never scanned a high-pop server. SC is a medium population server.

As Ewing said, many of the top guilds left the server. We used to have a number of good raiding guilds, but not any more. According to wowprogress.com, SC comes in at #211 (out of 246 servers) for progression. Our top alliance guild is #4593 and horde is #14042 among raiding guilds on North American servers.

RP mostly occurs within guilds. While we used to have a lot of public RP events, I haven't seen any in ages.

My suggestion is to roll a throw-away toon here and check the auction house and see what trade is like--keeping in mind that trade is often the gutter of a server--and otherwise check out the server before you spend any money transferring your toons here.
Edited by Palvarosa on 5/16/2013 4:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I used to be Horde-only, but near the end of Cataclysm, the Horde collapsed, and I slowly moved almost all of my characters to the Alliance. My guild as a whole didn't want to continue playing, others disbanded or left.

Mischief is really the only major Horde presence left here.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I used to be Horde-only, but near the end of Cataclysm, the Horde collapsed, and I slowly moved almost all of my characters to the Alliance. My guild as a whole didn't want to continue playing, others disbanded or left.

Major presence maybe, but not the only. If you want to raid, you should find out who raids on what hours on what days and see what works for you. I think most of the server raids usually from 7pm until 10 or 11pm server time (central) depending on guild. Of course I can't say this for the Alliance.

However, I would say that you would be welcome here. We may not have the numbers that we had at the end of Wrath to mid/end Cata, but I will say this. We're all pretty much good people here and it's not often that you would run into someone you don't like.
(with the exception of general Horde vs Alliance smack-talk of course.)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Who are the main horde guilds that are active right now? I'm very interested because I have thought about either leveling a horde alt or faction changing. Kinda want to change sides and beat up on the stupid alliance on this server.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter

Major presence maybe, but not the only. If you want to raid, you should find out who raids on what hours on what days and see what works for you. I think most of the server raids usually from 7pm until 10 or 11pm server time (central) depending on guild. Of course I can't say this for the Alliance.

However, I would say that you would be welcome here. We may not have the numbers that we had at the end of Wrath to mid/end Cata, but I will say this. We're all pretty much good people here and it's not often that you would run into someone you don't like.
(with the exception of general Horde vs Alliance smack-talk of course.)

I think he meant in regards to us being just about the only current 25 man raiding guild. However there are several very good 10 man raiding guilds on the horde side, with Painful End being one of them. as far as progress the horde side might be a bit behind the Alliance side, but not by much and the gap is closing fast.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Who are the main horde guilds that are active right now? I'm very interested because I have thought about either leveling a horde alt or faction changing. Kinda want to change sides and beat up on the stupid alliance on this server.

Anathema, Mischief, Bellidium, Obscured by Clouds, and Hodgepodge are the top five horde guilds.

http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/scarlet-crusade

I'm not sure of the methodology this website uses to determine the rankings. However, I wouldn't think the info is too far off.

You can also use this site to see how your toon ranks against others. It's pretty cool.
Reply Quote
88 Goblin Warlock
Thank you all for the information so far. We would be looking for a 10-man raid if we did that, but another part of what we are looking for is out-of-guild activity. Joining an established guild with lots of members is nice, but being less than "Random Pally 17-B" isn't (I was in a guild before that had no less than 100 people on at any given time. Was horrible).

That is not to say we are anti-social, but it's like you have friends that you share, and friends you don't. If that makes sense. I will keep an eye on this server, even though some people have said stuff that makes me think I'd be moving to a near-desolate server on Horde side >.>

EDIT: Realized I made this post from my Banker Warlock >.<;
Edited by Visaru on 5/17/2013 7:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Lets see Mischief as I said is a 25 man raiding guild, so we might not be the one for you, But even on raid night we have never had more then 30 or 40 people on at the same time.

Anathema is a good guild as they are currently number one as far as horde side progression. I know their main tank very well, as he has an alt that is an officer, in alt's guild of mine. However they are not actively recruiting, as far as I know. At least I have never seen them doing so.

Bellidium is a very good guild, as well. We have been alternating with them, back and forth for the number 2 spot, progression wise on the horde side. They are good people, in fact I was a member with them for a short time, before joining Mischief. I enjoyed my time with them, but they were a bit young for me(I am 61). Also I felt that helping Mischief rebuild, would go a long way in revitalizing the horde side of the server.

As for Obscured by Clouds I hear a lot of good things about them and they are actively recruiting. They have a recruitment thread a few topics down from this one.

As for Hodgepodge, I have nothing to say other then, their leadership and I have had our issues in the past in a old now defunct guild we were members of.
Edited by Ewing on 5/17/2013 8:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It was very nice in its prime, but now its becoming more and more of a ghost town. CRZ hides this to a degree in some spots, but if your tank or healer call in sick your out of luck.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Integrity is still active. We are a bit thin and its affected our ability to progress, but we are a friendly casual raid guild doing 10 regular in ToT currently. When we don't have enough to try ToT10 we back up to earlier raids or do old content for fun. Only a few of us PvP much, but we'd like to do more. We are not an RP guild, but we have a lot of folks left over from some of the big RP guilds of the server's past and are certainly not hostile to it.

We are family friendly, but mostly adults. Check us out if you are interested because we always interested in new folks and would certainly like to have some new raiders. Just speak to me or any officer in game.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
This server is beyond dead.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
This server is beyond dead.

Yet for some reason you transferred and still post on the SC realm forums.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
To the OP: As I said in my first post "You are going to get a mixed reply on how the server is doing." Do not let comments from someone who transferred off server, several months ago before MoP, influence your decision. He has no knowledge of the current condition of the server.
Edited by Ewing on 5/18/2013 1:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
You couldn't ask for a nicer server. Most folks who leave SC either end up coming back or keep a few alts here. It's like anywhere else though, most of your experience will depend on how much you are willing to invest in it.
Reply Quote
62 Undead Warlock
I have 6 90's on alliance side but wanted a change of pace. made this alt on horde and am relatively enjoying it. If I can find some fun ppl on this side to take my wife and I in at 90 we would prolly stay on this side. the server is less active than I like but at the same time its got a good representation of decent folks. Just a few D bags around but that's everywhere I guess.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]