Ret PvP Gemming in 5.3

90 Human Paladin
Anybody have any insight on what the best way to gem in 5.3 for Ret PvP will be?

With the changes to PvP Resil/Power gems I am thinking switching over to whatever the main Secondary (Haste?) stat is and stacking that with PvP Power for maximum off healing.

Thanks in advance.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I have no idea. I would also like to know...stacking main stats or secondary stats? should i gem out of pvp resil and go haste/pvp power?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Anybody have any insight on what the best way to gem in 5.3 for Ret PvP will be?

With the changes to PvP Resil/Power gems I am thinking switching over to whatever the main Secondary (Haste?) stat is and stacking that with PvP Power for maximum off healing.

Thanks in advance.

With the new changes to the PvP gems probably want to go with stacking main stat since generating holy power isn't much of an issue in PvP and you want to get off a good burst when you doing your burn.

I have no idea. I would also like to know...stacking main stats or secondary stats? should i gem out of pvp resil and go haste/pvp power?

No point even gemming PvP power anymore with the changes you get more from strength/haste now for PvP.
Reply Quote
53 Night Elf Rogue
Gem crit reforge crit Pick up gear with these stats crit/haste

use 2 pve trinks fabled feather +shado pan or insigna

Enjoy the madness

Geared and gemed with a pve item or 2 with dbl sockets you can easily reach 37%+crit with inq up

Try it i dont lie
fun fun
Edited by Selis on 5/20/2013 12:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I was playing around with a pure mastery setup on the PTR and was really enjoying the massive TV crits I was seeing. I don't really recall my highest in arena/bg but highest I saw while just killing a rare in PvP gear was right around 700k.

I don't really know if it's actually any good from a more competitive standpoint but I had fun just blowing people up in two and three shots this was using the tier 15 four piece though.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Well I mean mastery wouldn't make it hit harder. Mastery just adds a second damaging spell. So in addition to your 700k, say you had 30% mastery, you would hit a 700k and a 210k, not a 910k
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
im thinking haste mastery and some str
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Strength/Haste all day erry day.

Going to be dropping a few grand regemming when I get off work.

Strength increases healing strength through our AP -> SP conversion, so it's an offensive and defensive boost. Also boosts the damage of mastery since it's a direct tie-in to our weapon damage and strength increases weapon damage.

Mastery will still be > Crit, but Str/Haste will still be > any other combination due to the global benefit of Str and just how valuable Haste is to Ret.
Edited by Iolwut on 5/21/2013 6:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
:)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Strength/Haste all day erry day.

Going to be dropping a few grand regemming when I get off work.

Strength increases healing strength through our AP -> SP conversion, so it's an offensive and defensive boost. Also boosts the damage of mastery since it's a direct tie-in to our weapon damage and strength increases weapon damage.

Mastery will still be > Crit, but Str/Haste will still be > any other combination due to the global benefit of Str and just how valuable Haste is to Ret.

This,

also erry day
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hello Fellow Paladins.
What do you think about "Stamina Gems Stacking" ?? Since Resillence/PvP pow gems now are not a option.
I know we are not Tanks , but maybe could give us a survival/defensive boost.
Eyy is just a theory!

or

In the other hand , I remember back in WOLTK when a lot of Ret paladins went full Strenght gems , ignoring their bonus slots , in that time was the optimal damage output in gemming .
Maybe Its time to use that Strategy back again .

Your toughts , suggestions?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Well I mean mastery wouldn't make it hit harder. Mastery just adds a second damaging spell. So in addition to your 700k, say you had 30% mastery, you would hit a 700k and a 210k, not a 910k

I like to just add it together to get a total rather then saying both parts in any case it was a 392k tv crit with 310k mastery.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Priest

In my opinion and I know it's debatable, I feel as though crit > mastery. Of course it will depend on individual playstyles. But I know my teammates prefer when I stack crit.
Edited by Masturbanker on 5/21/2013 2:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I prefer crit over mastery, mastery doesnt help ret heals last i checked, and crit does.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'm gemming Strength in all of my gem slots. Full Strength in reds, Strength + Haste in yellows, and Strength + PvP Power in blues. More Strength, more Attack Power/Spell Power for damage/heals. As for secondary stats, it appears Haste, Crit, then Mastery is still the way to go. Haste is good for Rets because of Sanctity of Battle, more attacks and faster CDs on our main attacks leads to more Holy Power generation. Crit helps with damage/burst and heals. Mastery only benefits us with a few of our main attacks.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
So its prudent to gem into haste? How much haste is needed to see a difference?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Im mostly haste atm while retaining socket bonuses for the power/strength. Im still debating whether haste is more valuable than resil, haven't done any high level pvp yet just bgs/duels. So i'm still pretty unsure where to go. Oh, and in blue slots I added str/stam gems, also unsure about those.
Edited by Erandil on 5/23/2013 7:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
So is there a consensus yet? I haven't touched my gems, but I'm reforged with a lot of haste in mind.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I re forged for haste/crit and str/haste in yellows... Seems to work pretty good
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]