LF Feedback – Pet Abilities Adjustments

Also take out life exchange, it's super broken. If they can switch them out at low health and I don't have one of the 10% of people that hit everyone it'll just kill one of my other pets half way.
Reply Quote
Another one, Direhorn runts are broken as heck. I get half my turns against them, and it's not like they do less damage than other units, most of the time they do more.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Another one, Direhorn runts are broken as heck. I get half my turns against them, and it's not like they do less damage than other units, most of the time they do more.

direhorns are already getting nerfed in 5.4.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
In all honesty, we can take a look at the Pokemon organisation Smogon for how they balance their meta game. Either tier the pets, and or remove all accuracy modifying abilities from the meta. I can't have a Minimizing Muk in a Smogon tournament. And for damn good reason.

I believe a balance lies in tri-circular type advantages and the removal of accuracy modifiers from player activated abilities.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
In all honesty, we can take a look at the Pokemon organisation Smogon for how they balance their meta game. Either tier the pets, and or remove all accuracy modifying abilities from the meta. I can't have a Minimizing Muk in a Smogon tournament. And for damn good reason.

If you want to play pokemon you could always go play it. Oh wait you aren't even talking about playing pokemon you are talking about playing pokemon based on user created rules. Asking blizzard to adopt something that Nintendo didn't do but a subsection of users. May I suggest you form your own origination like those industrious players there have instead of expecting blizzard to implement it for you.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Please consider changing "Nether Gate" to a move that works similarly to Feign Death, but simply does damage and swaps your own pets instead of opponents. This way it would be a lot less annoying to others, and probably a lot more useful to the team using it since now swapping pets comes without a penalty.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

If you want to play pokemon you could always go play it. Oh wait you aren't even talking about playing pokemon you are talking about playing pokemon based on user created rules. Asking blizzard to adopt something that Nintendo didn't do but a subsection of users. May I suggest you form your own origination like those industrious players there have instead of expecting blizzard to implement it for you.

Was just pointing in the direction others took to find a balanced meta game, no need for the hostility, as this is a thread for feedback and not to argue against others' views. :D I'll still stand by what I said that accuracy modifying pet skills need to be changed (most notable example is the -10% on sandstorm).
Reply Quote
07/15/2013 08:25 PMPosted by Salinous

direhorns are already getting nerfed in 5.4.

Yeah, but not enough in my opinion.

And the mechanical weakness really does need to be changed, since they do less damage and take more from elemental if I see an elemental in the enemy team while I have a mechanical I might as well just forfeit most times since I'm going probably 2.3 pets to 3. (I don't, and I still win some, but it's still annoying.)

Oh, also give wish another turn length in activation time, since that might actually give me a chance to counter it.
Edited by Duessel on 7/16/2013 7:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Please expand Sunlight somehow, it's not very good right now even for pets that take advantage of it.

Please also add more moves that do something special when target is bleeding or poisoned. Cool effects, but noone takes advantage of "Poisoned" and very few of "Bleeding".

Pandaren Monk (store pet) requires darkness to be his best, but misses too much in darkness making him a really bad pet for this. Please maybe give him a never misses in darkness thing on his stun punch move thingy...
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
Cool effects, but noone takes advantage of "Poisoned" and very few of "Bleeding".

I come across plenty of Bleed teams stacking crocs and bears.

Pandaren Monk (store pet) requires darkness to be his best, but misses too much in darkness making him a really bad pet for this. Please maybe give him a never misses in darkness thing on his stun punch move thingy...

Isn't his Stun at 95% accuracy already in Darkness?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I feel the ability Adrenal Glands needs a look at. literally nobody uses this ability due to it decreasing your pets accuracy, i toyed around with it running alongside Mr. Wiggles (uncanny luck to counteract the Accuracy debuff) and the 2 turns of 75% crit chance with good accuracy just isn't worth the set-up it takes, and then leaves the pet with 2 turns of lowered accuracy.

I understand it's supposed to be a "high risk, high reward" kind of ability. but the reward is not even worth it.

i know you guys are changing Dark Simulacrum to Rot (which i am interested in). so i feel that adrenal glands is likely the next ability that needs adjusted, or changed into a different move.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Just fix your current hit % errors on moves and pet battle system will be very well done. No consistency. 95% needs to hit 95% of the time and 45% needs to hit 45%of the time.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
95% needs to hit 95% of the time and 45% needs to hit 45%of the time.

It's been more or less proven that this is already the case.

Feel free to grab the Pet Battle Accuracy Recorder addon and test it for yourself.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
more or less, with an emphasis on less.....
I am closing in on over 2000 pvp pet battle victories. I have tried multiple combintations and certain pet abilities on certain pets do not have the correct hit %.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
and blizz, you also need to address the situation of when pets have equal speed to allow them to alternate who attacks first rather than allow one pet to attack first multiple times
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
I am closing in on over 2000 pvp pet battle victories. I have tried multiple combintations and certain pet abilities on certain pets do not have the correct hit %.

Care to give us a list and the given and real percentages?

more or less, with an emphasis on less.....

I have samples in the 1000s on many moves across many accuracies tracked. I have not found a single power out of line yet. Do you have more proof than simply saying it totally missing more than that? If so offer it up and we can get to testing and discussing.
Edited by Hearus on 7/22/2013 3:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
Yes the guy with actual facts is the one trolling.
Edited by Omrakos on 7/22/2013 5:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
also elder python's slither reduces speed an equivalent amount as infinite whelpling's weakness abilitiy. One is 25% and one is 50%. Needs to be changed
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
also elder python's slither reduces speed an equivalent amount as infinite whelpling's weakness abilitiy. One is 25% and one is 50%. Needs to be changed

Different cooldowns, durations and accuracies. Nothing needs to be changed.

Edit: to add there was no reason to compare it, just state that the 25% was lowering speed by 50%.
Edited by Hearus on 7/22/2013 4:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]