LF Feedback – Pet Abilities Adjustments

100 Blood Elf Paladin
07/22/2013 04:27 PMPosted by Hearus
also elder python's slither reduces speed an equivalent amount as infinite whelpling's weakness abilitiy. One is 25% and one is 50%. Needs to be changed

Different cooldowns, durations and accuracies. Nothing needs to be changed.

rofl, one says it reduces speed by 25% and one says by 50% yet they reduce speed an equal amount on equal speed pets. your comment is invalid... troll
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
I see. Then yes either the tooltip is wrong or the power is working in correctly and needs to be fixed. Saying the word changed gave it multiple meanings.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah i'll have to start using 'corrected' lol. Also blizz, when a pet uses 'defelction' and it happens to trigger 'molten trap', the pet using 'deflection' gets a perma speed buff until they either use deflection again or swap their pet.

Has happened countless times against Anub pets and Flayer pets, and a 1866 speed Anub is kinda scary haha
Edited by Lightsgrace on 7/22/2013 5:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
I am closing in on over 2000 pvp pet battle victories. I have tried multiple combintations and certain pet abilities on certain pets do not have the correct hit %.

I have nearly double that many pet battle victories in max level PvP. What's your point?

If you think they don't have the correct hit %, then you'll need to provide better proof than "this thing happened to me one time".
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Isn't his Stun at 95% accuracy already in Darkness?

It drops by additional 10% due to darkness, becomes 85% (to hit). That's why it's kind of sucky, it requires a setup by another pet and still misses roughly 1/5. My Pandaren Monk has been significantly impacted by this.
Edited by Kenpo on 7/23/2013 11:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
I'm curious why Sleeping Gas doesn't cause Resilience and has no cooldown, making it the only sleep effect that lasts for a full round that does not cause Resilience.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
The coming nerf to dire-horn pets won't be enough to tone down their power to acceptable levels imo.

I'm sure this has been posted many times, all over the place, by a lot of people but here it goes again lol.

Currently pretty much all direhorns do the following:
-) Use AOE snare to make the entire enemy team slow
-) Use horn attack for a 50% chance to interrupt
-) Use trihorn charge in between horn attack cooldowns

Repeat steps 2 and 3 over and over and reapply 1 as needed to prevent the enemy from swapping out. Against very fast pets that cannot be outsped even with the debuff, just spam trihorn charge to always go 1st.

Issues:
1) All of the direhorn abilities do very high damage and even moreso when at half health because of the beast racial.
2) Spamming trihorn charge beats all very fast pets that are supposed to be a counter to horn attack. This also allows him to easily "mop up" a weakened enemy team by interrupting then going 1st.
3) 50% interrupt chance on horn attack is absolutely devastating against all slower (slowed pets)

When you combine all 3 together. You get an absolutely ridiculous pet that can easily beat everything you throw at it including most of its counters. The coming nerf will only somewhat address issue #2.

What I think needs to happen:
- Remove the AOE snare and make it single target so swapping is a viable defense
- Reduce the damage on charge; don't need a cooldown. Though the current nerf works too as an alternative
- Either lengthen cooldown, reduce proc chance, or decrease damage of horn attack

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, I feel that the magic passive is very weak currently at 40% and even at 35% which is barely different.

Also, the magic passive is almost useless for magic pets with higher health (and especially pets under sunlight!). It barely does anything for them against most attacks.

Some possible changes:
- Increase passive to cap at or less than 33% of maximum health so to allow them to take 4 powerful hits.
- Cap the passive to be an integer value rather than a percentage. For example, magic pets cannot take more than 400 damage per one attack. This will allow higher HP magic pets to benefit a lot more from the racial than they to today.
Edited by Naxa on 7/25/2013 7:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
What do you need to do? Take every pet getting added in 5.4 and nerf it into the ground.

I'm not joking. Every single patch you've added pets in? You've frelled up the balance completely on those pets. Take the new ones, nerf them (no matter what they have or can do), and then put it on live.

It's really crap the current design model -- add a new overpowered pet, and wait for six months to get it rebalanced to not have PvP pet battles be utterly moronic.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
What do you need to do? Take every pet getting added in 5.4 and nerf it into the ground.

I'm not joking. Every single patch you've added pets in? You've frelled up the balance completely on those pets. Take the new ones, nerf them (no matter what they have or can do), and then put it on live.

It's really crap the current design model -- add a new overpowered pet, and wait for six months to get it rebalanced to not have PvP pet battles be utterly moronic.

I totally agree with this. I'd MUCH rather have the new pets be underpowered and mediocre than risk them being the new overdominant pets. The former at least won't screw up the game for another 6months till patch 5.5. Don't need to fix what isn't broken, but for Pitt's sake don't find new ways to break it either. I hate this trend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also:

The haunt ability on Unbron Valk'yr sucks and needs some changes. If it misses you're dead for nothing. If opponent dies or you kill him you're dead. If you try to swap opponent and he swaps back you're screwed.

Most times you'll just end up killing your own Valkyr. Or doing a lot of skipping/stalling turns just to get your valk back which really doesn't give you any advantage. Unless you use haunt as your last move in which case unholy ascension is generally better anyway.

I did a lot of testing with this thing. It's not worth much beyond being a gimmick. Which is a shame because the potential for a swap-self move is awesome.

Best way to make haunt interesting and viable is to remove the "valk dies if enemy dies" property. Then you'll need to worry about disabling your valyr to do some damage but at least you won't just suicide it every other match.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I think just making all the basic moves that non used wild pets use better, would make more pets available for meta game. Survival and stampede really suck right now, you probably know already... fixing those 2 moves to be much better would make a lot of pets better.

Generic birds are terrible, they most often don't have any big damage or avoidance moves so they just end up getting smashed by just about everything.

And of course would be good to address elemental / mech relationship. Double counter automatically is kind of bad, would have been nicer if this was changed somehow...

Thanks for letting us provide feedback.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
07/26/2013 08:16 PMPosted by Kenpo
Survival and stampede really suck right now

I disagree with statement. Survival has won a lot of games for me. Just because something isn't used regularly doesn't mean it isn't good. If used properly it can get an extra turn out of your critter. Stampede has its place too. Putting Shattered Defenses on enemy pets is a good thing. It also synergizes well with Lightning.
Edited by Discodoggy on 7/28/2013 10:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
83 Draenei Death Knight
Minimize the impact of misses in pet battles!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
Minimize the impact of misses in pet battles!

As long as there are misses they will always seem to matter to much(notice them on losses/wins) and there will always be misses.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Can we please get rid of the arbitrary 10% accuracy reduction on sandstorm and darkness? The developers clearly went out of their way to give each ability a % chance to hit for a reason, but it's all thrown out the window when the two most common weather effects inevitably shows up in every pet battle. I'm so sick of 100% hit abilities missing multiple times in a row just because of the weather.

Not to mention it doesn't make any logical sense when you think about it. How does fighting without any light reduce the same chance to hit as sand blowing in front of your face? So sand reduces accuracy, but a rain storm, a blizzard, or your eyes being burned out of your skull by scorched earth doesn't reduce accuracy? How about mudslide? I'm pretty sure in an actual mudslide, the chance to hit is close to 0. But no, let's just casually toss a 10% chance to miss onto the two most popular weather effects. Because everyone loves multiple layers of RNG stacked on top of one another, am I right?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
Not to mention it doesn't make any logical sense when you think about it. How does fighting without any light reduce the same chance to hit as sand blowing in front of your face? So sand reduces accuracy, but a rain storm, a blizzard, or your eyes being burned out of your skull by scorched earth doesn't reduce accuracy? How about mudslide? I'm pretty sure in an actual mudslide, the chance to hit is close to 0. But no, let's just casually toss a 10% chance to miss onto the two most popular weather effects. Because everyone loves multiple layers of RNG stacked on top of one another, am I right?

I always wondered why getting pelted in the face by sand makes you tougher to kill somehow. <.<
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
08/10/2013 03:58 PMPosted by Illifra
Not to mention it doesn't make any logical sense when you think about it.

Logic and pet battles probably should not be used together.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
I havent problems with direhorns, so I'm back to blue posts.
1. "Mechanical abilities would deal less damage versus Critter (instead of Elemental)
Elemental abilities would deal less damage versus Dragonkin (instead of Critter)
Flying abilities would deal less damage versus Elemental (instead of Dragonkin)"

Realy bad idea from ppl, who dont see, how it works.
Pet battle is about nikes, not about racial, so, like result, we (pet masters) prefer pets with great nukes. Critters and Dragonkins mainly haven't nukes, so they mostly useless in pvp and have a litle usage in pve. This nerf just remove them from favorites at all.
For example, lets imagine fight Crow against any Dragonkin now - if Dragonkin haven't weather effect - Call darkness (1/3 or 1/2 hp minus from start), Nocturnal, Alpha Strike*2. GG.
If you will change racial, dragonkins will die in almost 2 shots - Call darkness + Nocturnal. With 1 crit even Chrominius will be useless against birds. So birds will crash dragonkins just like aquatics. Great solution /facepalm
Same thing about Critters. Their main (and just one) usage - fight against elems in pve. If you change racial, one from bigest families just turn into trash, cose they haven't any real nukes.
2. "Undead abilities would deal less damage versus Elemental (instead of Aquatic)
Mechanical abilities would deal less damage versus Aquatic (instead of Elemental)"

Even worse than first.
Elemental pets and abilities are a little OP. They are fat, have a lot nukes, AoE, DoT, weather doesn't work on them...
Undead still can fight against elems, cose they stay 1 or 2 rounds after death. But if you will change racial, only one who can fight elems will be aquatic. If you will nerf undead, we will get patch "sons of flame" against "sons of root"+1 bird in team.
Same about another part. If you imagine fight Emperor crab against mech you will not see great mech prevalence. More over in most cases mech will lose. If you change racial, mech will lose every time.
So, "nerfing" elems, in result you will nerf undead and mech.
Edited by Papazol on 8/13/2013 3:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
3. "The Magic passive now caps damage taken at 35% of maximum health, buffed from 40%.
The Dragonkin passive effect now activates when the enemy is taken below 50% health, up from 25%.
The Aquatic passive now reduces DOT damage by 50%, up from 25%.
The Elemental passive effect now only affect negative, direct effects of weather (e.g. the accuracy reduction of Sandstorm won’t be applied, but the damage reduction will).
The Critter passive now makes critters completely immune to roots, stuns, and sleeps."

- Magic change haven't any sence, cose it is still near 500 hp. Dragonkins have very few mostly useless abilities on useless whelps, like deep breath, what can overhit it. But, Tail sweep, like dublle atack, still will do more than 35% damage. From another side, even if some strong pet, like Lil'Rag, will hit magic, magic still will die in 3 shots. This pasive has only pve reason during lvling magic pets and they can't be killed from 1 hit. That is all. Will it be 40% or 35% or 45%, it haven't matter.
It will have sence only if you limit damage, what magic pet cat take during round from all sourses, and this limit will be 30% or less.
- Another dragonkin nerf in PVE. This pacive activating only if dragonkin hits pet and reduses its health under 25%. For now we have a little trick (like exploit) - if dragonkin kill pet from 26% to zero, he will have buff for his next atack, and it will help to nuke next pet a little hardier. So I use some hard nuke (like moonfire) to kill 1 pet and will have bonus dmg for reg atack (flamethrower) next round. After this nerf I will get bonus dmg to badly wounded pet, what already have 300 hp and any way will die next round. But exploit will be fixed (with all dragonkins), yea.
- may be champion from useless changes. Most used aquatic pets - crabs and turtles, have shield, what can absorb any DoT without pasive. Moreover shield usefull against direct dmg, so it still be better that pasive.
- Just one buff in all list. Elems aren't too OP yet and sometime mag/ele team can die in battle. Up them more, pls.
- I know only one fight against pet master, there this buff will help me get him with just 1 rabbit. In another pve and pvp situations it will be same like now. If you want to buff critters you have make them immune to any slow, not stun or sleep.
Edited by Papazol on 8/13/2013 4:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
4. What I will change.
- I will make pet swap abilities, like Sweep, always go last. That is all, what you need to change in them. For now it is huge nuke, what do dmg often without responce. Remove this "without responce" and they stay just great abilities.
- I will nerf Sandstorm at last 2 times in general, or just in pet master battles and random pvp batlles. Yes, Anub one from my favore pets and i like him and he is too OP, but I realy wana play another pets not only easy lazy anub+ teams.
- I will increase hit chance all multiround atacks maybe up to 100%. If I use 3 round atack and it misses 2 rounds from 3, I will not use it next time.
- I will add some huge nukes or AoE effects with no CD to critter and dragonkin, no only new pets, but also will change existed. For example, if Tail sweep goes last, bonus damage also will hit backline pets.
I will... but who gives?
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
Just a random idea that popped into my head.

One of the racial passives - maybe one of the new ones if they ever add more - can be something like "this pet does not take extra damage from any type of attack". Ie. he doesn't have a counter that does 50% more damage to him. Situational but cool.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]