LF Feedback – Pet Abilities Adjustments

90 Blood Elf Paladin
So i leveled up a Brilliant Kaliri to 25, and noticed that his level 20 ability (Predatory Strike) is missing a Hit chance %, is this intentional or was it just overlooked?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Interrupts should be affected by resilience. Some pets can chain lock someone out of combat completely. Granted some RNG is involved, it's not impossible to do.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Can you guys fix Lil XT? He is really bad right now, broken heart doesn't do any good on a slow pet. Can I suggest please make that a surge type of move so that it can be useful that attempts to go first.

Lil Rag, he is only good vs mech pets (double counter). If you guys change meta, you might make him irrelevant.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Lil XT is not bad, lol.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
WE NEED VENDORS THAT SELL COOKIES THAT MAKES PET SIZE LARGER OR REWARDS WHERE WE CAN USE THIS ITEM UNLIMITED TIMES. I know there are rare items that increase pet size by double until it is dismissed or gets auto dismissed (like when you fly it'll dismiss itself) But it's such a pain to get another cookie. In the quest reward bags it drops many items that you can purchase from a vendor. But the Magical Pet Biscuit is the only thing you can't purchase. I think it'd be a fun thing for everyone to enjoy if it wasn't such a pain to get. Make the pet vendors sell them (ones that sell the leash etc). Even for 10g a stack, many people would buy them a lot for the fun they'd have with it! Just another fun feature, because that's why we play the game, for fun!! Thought I should remind everyone :)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
WE NEED VENDORS THAT SELL COOKIES THAT MAKES PET SIZE LARGER OR REWARDS WHERE WE CAN USE THIS ITEM UNLIMITED TIMES. I know there are rare items that increase pet size by double until it is dismissed or gets auto dismissed (like when you fly it'll dismiss itself) But it's such a pain to get another cookie. In the quest reward bags it drops many items that you can purchase from a vendor. But the Magical Pet Biscuit is the only thing you can't purchase. I think it'd be a fun thing for everyone to enjoy if it wasn't such a pain to get. Make the pet vendors sell them (ones that sell the leash etc). Even for 10g a stack, many people would buy them a lot for the fun they'd have with it! Just another fun feature, because that's why we play the game, for fun!! Thought I should remind everyone :)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
With weather effects like darkness becoming prevalent in pvp and the changes to accuracy resulting in generally more damage output, something I would like to see is maybe a slight increase to the potency of casted/HoT healing methods. Pets with heals have become less effective over time because of the increased damage. It wouldn't hurt to scale the healing accordingly.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Fiendish imps nether gate triggering minefield, don't believe death grip forces a minefield.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I had my account off for a few months and finally come back in July and find out that Pet Battle PvP has gone to crap. Is there NO 100 percent hit moves now really? The RNG is even worse than pre 5.4. I have a move that shows 95 percent hit chance and I miss twice in a row with no buffs/debuffs or anything else on either of our pets. Really? Really? Missed twice in a row in same fight!! 95 percent hit my a$$. God I was hoping for better improvements and now it's all just a pile of crap. Even worse than before. Blizzard you don't even want to listen to your players do you? We all tried to tell you to get rid of the RNG ALL TOGETHER. ALL OF IT!! But NO, you make it even worse. JEEZ. Ridiculous.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
Fiendish imps nether gate triggering minefield, don't believe death grip forces a minefield.

It does. All force swap moves do.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
Thank you to everyone who has shared their feedback with us so far, we appreciate it. Based on some of the comments we’ve received, here is an updated list of potential changes we’re hoping to include in Patch 5.4:

• The Magic passive now caps damage taken at 35% of maximum health, buffed from 40%.
  • The Dragonkin passive effect now activates when the enemy is taken below 50% health, up from 25%.
  • The Aquatic passive now reduces DOT damage by 50%, up from 25%.
  • The Elemental passive effect now only affect negative, direct effects of weather (e.g. the accuracy reduction of Sandstorm won’t be applied, but the damage reduction will).
  • The Critter passive now makes critters completely immune to roots, stuns, and sleeps.

• Keep that feedback rollin’ in!

Critters need immunity to forced swaps to balance things out. It fits right in with the immunity change thet got. Forced swaps have ZERO hard counters right now.
    Reply Quote
    100 Human Paladin
    Remove the 10% accuracy reduction for sandstorm and darkness. It doesn't really serve any purpose or make sense that these two weathers types have it and the other do not. How can rain and mudslide have no effects on accuracy?

It makes pet battles more frustrating than they need to be, especially since they are the two most common weather types. Abilities that are supposed to hit 100% of the time obviously do not. They're clearly 100% for a reason. And of course the 80% hit abilities will still hit more often than they miss.
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Monk
    How about doing something to make the undead passive useful for something other a single cheap shot. Perhaps they stay alive if they get healed after they revive or they don't die if they switch out until they switch back in.

Really?! As if their coming back to life ability isn't extremely OP now to begin with you want to add more affects to it. What game are you playing? They should nerf the hell out of that ability the way it is now, not give it more.
    Reply Quote
    100 Human Death Knight
    I think the elemental passive that we have now and the new one that you are proposing is too complicated and ambiguous. Yes, frequent battlers will eventually figure out all its quirks and what it does and doesn't work on but it's far from straightforward and user friendly. I think it should be something simple with no room for confusion and interpretation - like all the other passives are.
    Reply Quote
    100 Human Death Knight
    07/07/2013 10:58 AMPosted by Zenjmo
    How about doing something to make the undead passive useful for something other a single cheap shot. Perhaps they stay alive if they get healed after they revive or they don't die if they switch out until they switch back in.

Really?! As if their coming back to life ability isn't extremely OP now to begin with you want to add more affects to it. What game are you playing? They should nerf the hell out of that ability the way it is now, not give it more.

Undead ability is not really any better or worse than the mechanical passive. They both have their pros and cons. Undead benefits slow pets while mechanical equally benefits fast pets. If you think one is OP then so is the other.
    Reply Quote
    100 Night Elf Druid
    07/08/2013 10:00 AMPosted by Naxa

Undead ability is not really any better or worse than the mechanical passive. They both have their pros and cons. Undead benefits slow pets while mechanical equally benefits fast pets. If you think one is OP then so is the other.

I completely disagree. Mechanical pets can easily be double-killed by abilities that strike twice like a burning conflagrate or lash. The only advantages is one can repair, but in PvP, that is hardly an advantage because you wasted many turns getting there most likely.

Right now, in PvP, you have three categories of racials. Overpowered, just right, underpowered. If I were to place them right now, here is where I would land.

Underpowered:
    Magic - Absolutely terrible, needs a complete overhaul.
    Aquatic - Because so many teams are built around Sandstorm anyway, DoTs are negated for basically everyone in those situations. I am not sure increasing the percentage is going to have any relevant effect overall.
    Elemental - Because they ignore both aspects, some weather effects have *adverse* conditions for them. Being fixed.
    Critter - A bit underpowered currently, but being fixed to where it might be extremely good.

Reasonable:
    Flying - I think the flying racial is extremely valuable and thusly has drawbacks at certain health percentages.
    Mechanical - The coming back to life is powerful in conjunction with repair, but lolrepair in PvP. Doesn't need tweaking, because they can be instantly rekilled anyway.
    Dragonkin - I think the Dragonkin buff is fine where it is, maybe very slightly underpowered. The buff will make them extremely strong. They will basically have a 50% damage buff up every other round.

Overpowered:
    Beast - This ability absolutely wreaks havoc with some of the burst it can create. With direhorns being prominent and the feline familiar prowl usually getting him 2 hits taken to get to this before he one-shots someone, this racial can be put to horrifyingly good use for a sweeper.
    Humanoid - This has more to do with the ability to create relatively large backline healing in conjunction particularly with immolation. 4% health could be changed to a % of the damage done to bring things in line. Perhaps 15%-20% of the damage done. Normal attacks do about 300 on a 1400 hp average mov which would return 45-60 hp with more on critical hits while bringing down immolation healing significantly.
    Undead - The best racial. Essentially two free pot-shots. Also a reason why forced swaps are so good, to counter this racial. If you have no means for stunning these creatures, and they are slow, they will get two good slaps to your face. I don't know how it can be fixed, though.
    Reply Quote
    100 Night Elf Druid
    On another subject, I would really like to talk about changes that you need to make to breed distribution.

For almost every pet, one stat is preferred for a type of play. There is, naturally, little incentive to having balanced builds. The incentive NEEDS to be more overall statistical value.

The breed distributions need to be something similar to what follows:

PP/HH/SS: 100% bonus of the 65(or 325) of that stat. Same as current.

HP/HS/PS: 55% bonus of the 65(35/35 or 178/35) of the stat. Up from 45%/45%(29/29 or 146/29).

HB/PB/SB: 55% bonus of the dominant stat and 30% bonus to the secondary stats(96/35/19 or 178/19/19). Up from 45%/20%/20%(146/13/13 or 65/29/13).

BB: 40% bonus to all stats (130/26/26). Up from 25% to all(81/16/16).

This will make a huge difference to diversity in PvP as people experiment with different types of breeds. This will also make many pets severely restricted by their breeds more viable as any breed has potential advantages. This would be the *best* change to the game that you could make at this very moment, in my opinion.
    Reply Quote
    100 Human Death Knight
    ^ that's quite an understatement of what mechanical passive does.

Yes, it can be double-killed.

But it can also:
    - Heal/repair (itself or by other pets)
    - Retreat to backrow for future use
    - Get *a lot* more turns in - especially in the case of a fast pet who is setup to mop up a weakened team
    - "Immune" to stuns/forced swap kills that have become so common now

None of these are possible with the undead passive. You really need to revise just what you can do with the mechanical passive when used properly.

It's a lot more than an extra free turn that can be double killed. I'm thinking you never got to face a good opponent who turns the mechanical passive into essentially 100% more health.

Like I said. The two have very distinct pros and cons and are more or less equal in my book. Undead is clearly better for slow pets. And mechanical is clearly better for fast ones.

Now whether both are too strong perhaps is another question entirely.
    Edited by Naxa on 7/10/2013 10:16 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    100 Night Elf Druid
    It can repair, but if it times its repair to go off after it came back to life, it has already wasted 3 turns to probably get back to a previous place it was while dealing almost no damage to the opponent.

The only pet I have seen use repair even slightly effectively is a clockwork gnome, and, even then, it would be much better off running blitz if it is faster than the opponent. I have gotten far more effectively countered by blitz than by repair.

Even on the highest powered pets, repair isn't going to do much more than 1200, for 3 turns. That really isn't that much to do for an opponent. PVP representation is *heavily* in favor of undead compared to mechanicals for a reason. Almost every pet of either kind has average speed(which 289 is about average) or worse, so speed may have something to do with it. I cannot remember the last time I felt it changed a match, but I can definitely recall when my undead pets, or the opponents, have clinched a win/tie because of the racial.
    Reply Quote
    Ok, you need to change it so forced switching abilities always go second. Because otherwise the user gets a free attack, and it's not like kick that does considerably less damage and is just a poke, it's a full on turns attack.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]