5.3 PVP changes

90 Human Warlock
So I for one am pretty psyched about the new changes. I regemmed for 5.3 the other day All mastery and am pretty happy with my 65% mastery rating. The Fire and Brimstone change will increase our RBG DPS by a pretty significant amount. Even the gateway change will be good for us (at least in arenas) If a melee is attacking a gateway that allows us free time to cast on them. The PVP power change is meh and I dont think will effect us very much. And our gear getting buffed from 493 to 496 is pretty cool. What are your guys's thoughts for tomorrows PVP changes?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
meow bump
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Good, overall. though i wouldnt have touched how pvp power works, nor would i have halved the values on pvp power/resil gems. Those gems are useless now in comparison to pve stats.

Apparently everyone will just stack their primarys in every slot now, ignoring socket bonuses, Wrath of the lich king style, which was a bad design.

Ill be gemming full int, but i'm not entirely certain that 1 int is truely going to be greater than 2 mastery. So don't let my words alone make you think twice about your new gem choice. At the very least, mastery alone is much better than pvp power now, that much is certain.

. The PVP power change is meh and I dont think will effect us very much

Well, it will. regardless of how you gear now, we're all going to lose a large chunk of damage, compared to a slight buff to everyones defence. But since it applies to everyone i suppose it wont be too much of a problem. healers are getting buffed though, so they'll be a pain to kill next patch
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I honestly dont think it will be a big difference. so well lose 10 or 15% damage on pvp power, Gemming full mastery alone made my mastery damage go up 15% Without having to gem full resilience or any pvp power. I like the change.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Most will gem INT, some maybe mastery (aff really), maybe the odd resil person. From what I've seen int will be superior vs pvp power and you'd only go mastery since gemming budget allows 2:1 mast:int.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Not sure I really care for the change to our Demonic Gateway... True, if you get the cast off it may serve as another target distraction for your opponents so you can free cast (just like my demon!), BUT I don't like the trade off that my Gateway will have to be recast more often. Perhaps if it had 200% of my health it would be worth the time to cast?

I suspect this change will benefit those doing arenas, but for random BGs and RBGs this spell is basically worthless.

As for the changes with resil and PvP power, I was enjoying the way it has been thus far. I worked for the gear I have so I should be able to enjoy its use against players who haven't committed as much time and effort in PvP. I don't agree with the base line addition, but time will tell if it was a wise change or not.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
As if decent healers werent hard enouhg to kill already they decide to buff healers, buff survival, and nerf pvp power. While on paper Im mad as hell that the resto shaman and priests will be damn near impossible to kill; I will wait until I experience the patch to see what its really all about.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
"One of the best ways for us to increase the number of players that participate in PvP is to reduce the barrier to entry for those who play World of Warcraft regularly but don’t participate in PvP. " - Blizz Patch notes

I would say one of the best ways to increase the number of players participating in PvP is to stop treating them like the bastard child next to PvE players (who have methods to get into PvP)...

1) PvE players typically have an overabundance of Justice points which can be turned into Honor to buy gear

2) PvE players have the option of converting Valor points into Conquest points and gear up without ever stepping foot in an Arena or RBG; however, PvP players do NOT have the reciprocal option

3) Allowing crafting professions to craft auto-upgraded versions of PvP gear is a better method to assist new PvP players and this method is already in the game

Suggestion to help PvP...

1) Alter the queing system to ATTEMPT to match players of equal resil/pvp power against one another OR attach a "rating number" to each piece of PvP gear. This rating number could then be used as the method to match similarly geared players against one another. (Note I said ATTEMPT, I would rather deal with some slight mismatch than stupid-long ques) I earned my gear, let me enjoy stomping someone into the ground who hasn't spent as much time doing PvP.

2) Allow Conquest conversions to Valor - Players may feel more inclined to work on PvP if they don't have to worry about their PvE sets suffering.

3) Don't botch your tinkering with PvP power/Resil and cause PvE gear to be "viable" for use in PvP. I think all PvP'ers hated seeing players show up in their full raid sets. Yes they may be able to dish out some major damage but they were squishy as hell and were absolutely a liability. Glad you realized this Blizz ;-)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
What is the overall best gemming for Destro PvP?

While gearing the guy through endless AV farming, I went for a comedic effect and did mostly power, but what is the actual gemming?

Do I want mastery for what it provides to base rotation abilities or want more haste for being able to fire off attacks faster?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
The FnB change won't be as much of a buff to our sustained AoE as you might think. Remember that we'll still be limited by mana.

"One of the best ways for us to increase the number of players that participate in PvP is to reduce the barrier to entry for those who play World of Warcraft regularly but don’t participate in PvP. " - Blizz Patch notes

I would say one of the best ways to increase the number of players participating in PvP is to stop treating them like the bastard child next to PvE players (who have methods to get into PvP)...

1) PvE players typically have an overabundance of Justice points which can be turned into Honor to buy gear

2) PvE players have the option of converting Valor points into Conquest points and gear up without ever stepping foot in an Arena or RBG; however, PvP players do NOT have the reciprocal option

3) Allowing crafting professions to craft auto-upgraded versions of PvP gear is a better method to assist new PvP players and this method is already in the game

Suggestion to help PvP...

1) Alter the queing system to ATTEMPT to match players of equal resil/pvp power against one another OR attach a "rating number" to each piece of PvP gear. This rating number could then be used as the method to match similarly geared players against one another. (Note I said ATTEMPT, I would rather deal with some slight mismatch than stupid-long ques) I earned my gear, let me enjoy stomping someone into the ground who hasn't spent as much time doing PvP.

2) Allow Conquest conversions to Valor - Players may feel more inclined to work on PvP if they don't have to worry about their PvE sets suffering.

3) Don't botch your tinkering with PvP power/Resil and cause PvE gear to be "viable" for use in PvP. I think all PvP'ers hated seeing players show up in their full raid sets. Yes they may be able to dish out some major damage but they were squishy as hell and were absolutely a liability. Glad you realized this Blizz ;-)

http://themerelyreal.wordpress.com/2013/04/23/stop-faping/
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Intellect gems > mastery

The pvp power nerf will be huge, if u havent played ptr, 1v1 fights are almost 3x times as long usually lining up perfectly to land good kills with the amount of defensives people have.
PvP power is now the worst stat for any class.
Cant wait for all the PvE heroes to come to PvP to get rolled :3
Reply Quote
The gateway is going to be pretty much useless in PvP again, the cast time needs to come down to 2s and have it's first charge ready in 1-2s after. People will need to be encouraged to keep dropping it. Right now all that is going to happen is that it's going to get caught in some AOE, people will use it to build up embers, or a pet will get sicked on it so it dies.

Think of all the places you use it right now... You won't drop it across the river in Twin Peaks at the start because the other side will just kill it. In Gilnaes at the WW, the AOE in a fight for the cap will just kill it. Leaving it mid-field in WSG should be self evident as pointless. Enemies running past it in the mine will just take a swing or two at it and by the time the 10th person has ran by it, it will be gone.

In the arena it's best used as an Oh Shyt get away mechanism, now that you can kill it, people will be sure to kill it before they start their burst run on you. Basically it won't be available when you actually need it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
05/21/2013 10:13 AMPosted by Vreivai
The FnB change won't be as much of a buff to our sustained AoE as you might think. Remember that we'll still be limited by mana.

Correction: FnB spells don't cost mana.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock

Conquest is far faster to get then valor.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]