T15 Druid - LOL Rejuvs

90 Draenei Shaman
So I haven't been using T15 set long. I loved T14 so I could SM + WG with SOTF, which I used to do pretty much on CD. Anyways, since I swapped to T15, using SM feels SO SO slow...so last night I was mostly just rejuv - on everyone. Rejuv spamming the raid over and over and not going OOM.

I ended up with rejuv doing 62% of my heals on say Twin Consorts.

I just wanted to see how much I could rejuv and how much healing it does with T15 4 set.

The sad part is - you can get away with healing this way...1 button rotation........

Other places I found to use rejuv all 10 people is Iron Qon - last phase. Lei Shen when they hold boss between pillars + last phase. Anytime you have raid damage going out - you can just rejuv the raid. And since it ticks more towards the end, rejuv before the damage so the ticks are higher when it comes.

I doubt they wanted Druids to play this way - lol.
Edited by Drizzelle on 5/9/2013 10:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Not sure why - forums lately hate switching the toon I am posting on >.>

<---The Druid
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
It goes back to Rejuv being the only thing Druids have when WG and Swiftmend are on CD, and people aren't stacked for mushrooms. :-\
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
They need to do something.... Anything, to make Nourish and Healing Touch viable options when HPS needs to be high and mana efficiency is an issue. Can the solution be a proc based system not unlike the Omen of Clarity procs we spend on Regrowth? Think about it.

A least give us a reason to consider using something else.
Edited by Anoru on 5/9/2013 11:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
As long as Nourish and Healing Touch are slow and prone to be sniped, I don't see them being something you'll lean on.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Healing touch is actually very strong due to harmony. The problem with it is that its very slow, even slower than Divine Light for example. The other is that it can be sniped and its very prone to overheal due to it just being a heal.

Having said that it heals for a lot.
Edited by Marathel on 5/9/2013 12:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Nourish is already fairly synergistic with Rejuvenation, if you use the Glyph of Rejuvenation. Not terrible as a filler.

I've also found myself using Rejuvenation more and more.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Imagine this:

Random !@# proc from ticks of Wild Growth: 1% chance to proc a 50% faster nourish. Maybe this Nourish become free?

Casting Nourish: 20-30% chance to proc a 100% crit chance Healing Touch. Maybe this healing touch comes at a discount? Maybe not.

I'm not a theorycrafter by any means, but when I think about ways to improve a class, I think about the experience of playing that class: what it actually feels like to be in control, doing stuff. I haven't raided this season, but I have pvp'd, and I will say that in my opinion it is unlikely any resto druid doing battlegrounds or arenas right now even has nourish on their bars. Maybe this isn't the case for raiders, since there are some predictable periods of low damage, (I assume,) but if you think about it, there really is no reason to cast it other than as part of a mana-positive rotation. (In other words, when you're casting it its becasue you know no one is going to die anyways. Right?) Now think about healing touch. It hits for a non-crit slightly less than a crit regrowth, has less critical strike chance than regrowth, (by far,) and it takes more time to cast. I think its fair to assume that most people don't use it outside of Nature's Swiftness.

We as players need a reason to cast these spells! Our high hps rotation (outside of cooldowns,) is basically rejuv spam, wild growth and swiftmend on cooldown. If you have any free globals from blanketing ten people in rejuvs, you might cast a regrowth or two off of Omen of Clarity. That's it! Think about how much deeper this class could go! Seriously!

You need to give people a reason to consider every spell!

Maybe some people will not agree the specific suggestion I proposed here. That's fine. Its just something I came up with while I was mulling things over. Obviously everything has to be tested for balance and whatnot, but the main point is as HEALERS we should be THE MOST compelled to make SPELL CHOICES of ALL SPECS of CASTER. Maybe I can go so far as to say THE MORE COMPELLING THE CHOICE OF 'WHAT SPELL TO CAST' is THE BETTER DESIGNED THE HEALING CLASS.

Anyways.

Here are some good reasons why procs are an easy way to fix this issue:

Procs encourage sound rotational play: Keeping Wild Growth on cooldown to ensure maximum possiblity of Nourish Procs.

Procs require players to stay on their toes!

Lets say player A gets a proc mid GCD. He isn't as good as player B, so he simply continues spamming rejuv for that GCD.

Player B recieves a proc mid GCD, and reacts fast enough. he then recieves his healing touch proc off the nourish, and is able to increase his bust healing signficantly in that window.

The point is, we were able to reward Player B for "being better at the blinking game" than player A. We are "increasing the skill cap."

When people are spamming rejuv all day and getting their biggest numbers that way, SOMETHING IS WRONG.

Thank-you.
Edited by Anoru on 5/9/2013 1:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
When I get my last peice of t15 I already know I'll go from 40% healing from rejuv currently to more like 55% -_-

I'll most likely drop Sotf for incarnation on most fights. Need dat 15% stronger rejuv blanket and clear casting procs with instant regrowths can be clutch.

I've played druid for years and it really feels like it's missing something to divert it from rejuv blankets. WG is great but It's not enough on it's own to counterbalance rejuv spam. Efflorescence is neat on the stacking occasions, otherwise it only ticks on the tank and provides a sotf proc. Mushrooms would be great if they weren't so difficult to use. Buffing shrooms by 100% in 5.3 does not seem like a good idea and they are going to be too powerful when you can use them effectively and remian annoying when you can't (although they are literally a LoH to 3 - 4 people if you can coordinate it....)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I ended up with rejuv doing 62% of my heals on say Twin Consorts.

I just wanted to see how much I could rejuv and how much healing it does with T15 4 set.

The sad part is - you can get away with healing this way...1 button rotation........

Other places I found to use rejuv all 10 people is Iron Qon - last phase

Damn, I need to switch to 10man raids.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Rejuv isn't interesting as a HoT. At all. There aren't any interesting breakpoints to go after and it doesn't have any other sort of effect other than setting up a Swiftmend or filling up shrooms. Visually the spell is boring. There is no visual effect that lingers like other HoTs.

Other healer HoTs have some interesting mechanic or ability that is tied in.

Riptide has synergy with Chain Heal.
Renewing Mist is tied to Uplift.
Eternal Flame utilizes Holy Power, not to mention the interaction with Illuminated Healing to create shields and its interaction with Beacon of Light.
You could probably make a valid argument with Renew, but that's supplementary to Holy's fairly large toolkit (it also has a glyph affecting duration and healing) and I don't believe it sees large usage.

Make the spell do something interesting. Give us more breakpoints to chase after. Rejuv's next breakpoint isn't until 13,163 Haste which I don't see us getting this expansion unless you are decked out in full Heroic T16 gear (and even then you are dropping a huge amount of Mastery to get there).
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

Make the spell do something interesting. Give us more breakpoints to chase after. Rejuv's next breakpoint isn't until 13,163 Haste which I don't see us getting this expansion unless you are decked out in full Heroic T16 gear (and even then you are dropping a huge amount of Mastery to get there).

The breakpoint is junk and forever will be from this point forth unless our mastery is changed. Particularly even with this tier; If there were a far lower breakpoint, say 4-5k, for rejuv, it still wouldn't be worth it. The flat healing bonus from mastery is just flat out far more valuable.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It goes back to Rejuv being the only thing Druids have when WG and Swiftmend are on CD, and people aren't stacked for mushrooms.

Amen that.

05/09/2013 12:15 PMPosted by Marathel
Healing touch is actually very strong due to harmony.

Wait, what? I haven't raided this tier due to RL issues but I can't imagine why ToT would inspire me to put HT back on my bars (other than my Nature's Swiftness+HT macro). HT is bad. Glyphed Regrowth >> HT
Reply Quote
5 Human Warlock
Yeah I'm pushing 40-50% now. Probably time for a nerf.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Not that it makes this okay, but this seems to always happen to druids. As others have mentioned, it's really all we have. Given Blizzard's reaction to rejuv spam in the past, I'm fairly surprised that they gave the T15 set bonus such a huge benefit to it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Wait, what? I haven't raided this tier due to RL issues but I can't imagine why ToT would inspire me to put HT back on my bars (other than my Nature's Swiftness+HT macro). HT is bad. Glyphed Regrowth >> HT

Harmony boosts the power of your direct healing spells which include Healing Touch. The more mastery you have the stronger it heals for.

To give you an idea. My resto druid is 489ilvl. Mastery is at 4183 which boosts direct healing by 18 percent.

My Regrowth hits normally for 42-44k. IT crits anywhere from 83-86k. Short cast, slightly more expensive than Healing Touch.

Healing touch hits normally for 84kish. With almost a 1 second cast time difference. It crits for 165k plus. On my 489ilvl resto druid.

Now for comparison my paladin this one is nearly 30 ILVL'S higher and my DL base heal is near exactly the same as my resto druid's. Crits for about the same and average heal is over 80k.

To priest. Disc is 502ilvl and it's Greater Heal is weaker than my paladins but noy far off. Crit weaker but not far different. Holy Priest WITHOUT Serepidty is roughly the same as my paladin's base heals. WITH the 25 percent buff you're looking at average 90k's heals and crits close to 200k.

This is not counting echo of light, beacon of light, IH and so forth.

Resto shaman is on the ballpark with disc priest but of course with mastery it can absolutely trounce at very low health. 502ilvl.

Base comparison its very powerful but it has a lot of weaknessess. It's very slow, it's just a heal and it's prone to being sniped/overheal by a lot. Thus in ways it's not that strong. It also does not have IH shielding, it does not interact with health pools nor does it causes absorb. Its just a heal and with low crit rate druids have it doesn't crit as much.

Having said all of that in its base form its not a bad spell at all. On the contrary its very strong as a heal but the biggest problem is just it. It's just a strong heal boosted by mastery. And since it's prone to overheal so much, is slow and it's likely not to crit might as well use a faster spell THAT WILL crit and heal for just as or nearly as much as the base heal of HT. Which is of course Regrowth. If Healing Touch had a higher chance to crit it would absolutely be favored but sadly it doesn't.

All of this is just how I see it in my opinion.
Edited by Marathel on 5/9/2013 11:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock

Nerfing the lowest throughput/2nd lowest utility Healer sounds like a wonderful idea. It's not like Mistweavers, Paladins, and Priests exist. Let's just get it over with and remove the ability to enter a raid as a Resto Druid.

Undo the double WG nerf, and then we can talk.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

I don't even bother with NS+HT anymore, I'd rather take NS + Regrowth since a Regrowth with 100% crit heals for the same amount as a non-crit HT, but with living seed. I'd rather not gamble the living seed on "maybe" critting with Healing Touch.
Reply Quote
5 Human Warlock
05/09/2013 11:21 PMPosted by Eleäzaras

Nerfing the lowest throughput/2nd lowest utility Healer sounds like a wonderful idea. It's not like Mistweavers, Paladins, and Priests exist. Let's just get it over with and remove the ability to enter a raid as a Resto Druid.

Undo the double WG nerf, and then we can talk.

Calm down. I'm just preparing you for what we call in my guild "getting GC'd". It's his standard way to "encourage" usage of other spells. In this case he's probably thinking of doubling the mana cost.
Edited by Merise on 5/9/2013 11:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock
Other people have other spells. We really don't (at least that don't have a CD as has been mentioned). And I'd rather not suffer a "redesign."
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]