Myth about classic Dungeoning:

90 Blood Elf Paladin
05/11/2013 04:13 AMPosted by Rosenivy
I never really ran into that. luckily I had 4 other people in my guild back then that were generally always on when I was and we would group up and chain run dungeons practically every day. The times I did have to spam /2 were some of the most annoying times I've ever had playing this game.

I still can't stand the Scarlet Monastery just because that was one of the horrible level slots just player behavior wise.

Sure I started in Wrath but it was before the Looking for Dungeon was added in. I remember being stuck having to talk in chat for people.

Oh my yes lets all go back to this situation:

Me: LFM Deadmines
Trade: Kill yourself *beep can't say this here*

TRULY BETTER -_-

First time I ever got reported was because of an SM Armory run.

This male gnome warlock runs towards the dog boss, gets all the aggro on the dogs, I don't think I even had flash heal at the time, so I start casting greater heal thinking it will get him in time...it doesn't.

He starts yelling at me about letting him die, I'm the worst healer ever. Blah blah

I'm tired, so I let him have it, tell him to go procreate himself, to die in a fire..I don't even remember anymore.

3 hours later I get a whisper from a GM

He pretty much says people are !@#$%^-s, but watch what you type other wise you'll be in trouble.

Yessir!

Now I just let people I hate die, I don't even try to save them.

If they yell at me, I /leave group.
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
05/11/2013 04:13 AMPosted by Rosenivy
I still can't stand the Scarlet Monastery just because that was one of the horrible level slots just player behavior wise.

I remember back in vanilla getting to SM for a run with the guild and finding a large number of players standing around the meeting stone begging everyone who stopped to take them along because they'd already been there for over an hour trying to find a group.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Now...Zul Farak was when the tard parade really came out.

It was easily accessible, had a millions quests, and everyone was out in Tanaris.

The stories I have about that place..

I also made some life long friends in that instance

and people I still think about with blinding hot rage
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Sure I started in Wrath but it was before the Looking for Dungeon was added in. I remember being stuck having to talk in chat for people.

*sheepishly* I didn't even know what a dungeon was before LFD...

Started in BC; nobody ever whispered me to go do dungeons, and I don't even recall seeing instance groups gathering. I'm glad it notifies people of the new dungeon finder nowadays.
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter

That place didn't just hit pugs with the derp bat I had some pretty stupid guild runs in there.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I remember back in vanilla getting to SM for a run with the guild and finding a large number of players standing around the meeting stone begging everyone who stopped to take them along because they'd already been there for over an hour trying to find a group.

And people still insist on asking about this cuz they want to feel speshul again.

05/11/2013 04:23 AMPosted by Melithiria

You're a warlock. You would've just been a summon stone then booted
Reply Quote

It was easily accessible, had a millions quests, and everyone was out in Tanaris.

The stories I have about that place..

I also made some life long friends in that instance

and people I still think about with blinding hot rage

Oh the nostalgia. Oh it hurts. This also reminds me of BRD, back when it took a good what 4-5+
(maybe my groups were just bads) hours and you had a whole army of 58 and 59s barraging you with whispers because oh the grind to 60 was a crawl.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
05/11/2013 04:25 AMPosted by Rosenivy

And people still insist on asking about this cuz they want to feel speshul again.

05/11/2013 04:23 AMPosted by Melithiria

That place was a bloody warzone on pvp servers.

I was alliance back then too...every time I had to go to the stone to summon I got the sweats.

I got on my mount I saved up for all week, spent 30 minutes trekking out there, begging for 1 more person to come with me.

Somehow inch across from UC without a guard or a player one shotting me.

Looks like I'm in the clear, OH NO I see a Stone Guard rogue...uh oh he disappeared.

Oh god oh god oh god I'm going to die

Oh I'm sapped

Oh god oh god

Dead.

Rez, killed again.

"guys I'm being camped right now I think everyone is going to have to get here, and no one else has come to the stone yet"

You have been removed from the group.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
"LFM Uld"
"Aren't you a little low leveled to be doing Ulduar?"
"Uldaman"
"Oh."

That exchange comes to mind from back in Wrath. I was in Silvermoon looking too, before those cities became a ghost town.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
05/11/2013 04:28 AMPosted by Notagin
resto druid in bear form

How do you think resto druids leveled before dual spec? Cat and occasionally pop into bear for the bash. It's not like you could moonfire your way through quests.

I leveled to 60 as a holy priest.

I ENJOY PAIN
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
05/11/2013 04:31 AMPosted by Zalanii

How do you think resto druids leveled before dual spec? Cat and occasionally pop into bear for the bash. It's not like you could moonfire your way through quests.

I ENJOY PAIN

And I thought leveling to 60 as a resto druid made me a masochist. I think you win.
Reply Quote
05/11/2013 04:31 AMPosted by Zalanii

I ENJOY PAIN

You are the most extreme masochist I have ever met.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

I ENJOY PAIN

And I thought leveling to 60 as a resto druid made me a masochist. I think you win.

I still get sweaty palms when I have to enter a cave

I was so new, I had no idea.

But I am also stubborn, so I couldn't give up and play shadow.
Edited by Zalanii on 5/11/2013 4:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
"We're just waiting on a healer"
"Okay"
"Aww. Man, I'm sorry. The tank left. Hang on, I think I know someone"
"Got a healer!"
"Okay"
"Hi! Will you summon?"
"Hang on there, our tank is logging on in just a moment."
<healer has left the group>
"Are you out at the stone?"
"Yes. Okay."
"I'm sorry man, I have to go. Thanks for coming out, though."
"... Okay."

1 hour. Nope. Don't miss it.
Reply Quote
28 Orc Warlock

I was a warlock and this never happened to me even once. And I frequently ran dungeons.

Some of these "Vanilla was awful and you should feel awful for liking it" stories actually are exaggerated.
Edited by Samfisher on 5/11/2013 4:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I was a warlock and this never happened to me even once. And I frequently ran dungeons.

Oh then that must mean it never happened.

That's like hearing a white person go "Well I never had a racist comment thrown at me. It must not exist!"
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Never got booted as a warlock after summoning, more like heroic groups didn't want me because they thought warlocks couldn't CC.

I showed them...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]