CC and Ret PvP

90 Human Paladin
CC is out of control in this game. It's sad when you can get facerolled by and equally geared player just because of their stupid amounts of CC. Not only do you have to worry about the stupid CC though but when you do get into melee range (which is a rarity) you are usually greeted with a plethora of absorbs or ridiculous self healing mechanics followed by more instant unavoidable CC and ending with your defeat. If a melee ever should get into range of the CCer, there should be hell to pay for that player. Actually getting into melee range should result in obliteration of the other player. What justification is there for it being otherwise.

P.S. why are plate wearers now the squishiest classes and cloth/ leather wearers can tank plate wearers to infinite
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Player issue.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yea, Sure. U get melted by every other caster w/ CC just like every other ret.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Rets are prob one of the squishiest specs in the game....wearing plate....lol
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
CC is out of control in this game. It's sad when you can get facerolled by and equally geared player just because of their stupid amounts of CC. Not only do you have to worry about the stupid CC though but when you do get into melee range (which is a rarity) you are usually greeted with a plethora of absorbs or ridiculous self healing mechanics followed by more instant unavoidable CC and ending with your defeat. If a melee ever should get into range of the CCer, there should be hell to pay for that player. Actually getting into melee range should result in obliteration of the other player. What justification is there for it being otherwise.

P.S. why are plate wearers now the squishiest classes and cloth/ leather wearers can tank plate wearers to infinite

Depends OP, are we talking about 1v1?
If so than yes I agree.
I assure you're primarily referring to demo/desto locks?
Yeah, ret vs demo is pretty much unwinnable, and ret vs destro is almost as bad.
At least 1v1 isn't ranked.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Even in bgs or arenas its same story. Whats the counter for instant CC? You cant interrupt it, theres very little you can do to plan for it. Theres tons and tons of instant cast fears. I can have a target critical 4 or 5 times in an arena and its the same story instant fear long enough for them to get healed back to full hp. Ret doesn't have any sort of fear resist or reduction or immune ability we just have to sit in it and enjoy it...very flawed.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Even in bgs or arenas its same story. Whats the counter for instant CC? You cant interrupt it, theres very little you can do to plan for it. Theres tons and tons of instant cast fears. I can have a target critical 4 or 5 times in an arena and its the same story instant fear long enough for them to get healed back to full hp. Ret doesn't have any sort of fear resist or reduction or immune ability we just have to sit in it and enjoy it...very flawed.

Oh I completely agree, and I think we either need an instant gap closer or a decent fear break. Currently we are lacking either.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Maybe some disarm protection even I mean something to deal with some form of CC, anything please. I mean monks get it all (fear break and fear reduction, stuns, disarms, stun break) and still do beast damage. I'm tired of saying our trade off for lacking those tools is "amazing" utility. Last I checked theres other specs/classes that bring everything we do and do it twice as well.

Also why do we have to talent for things other classes get baseline? All I hear about is paladin "tools" and that we get so many "tools." Tell me one unique tool we've got. If you say insane offheals I'm going to laugh because any decent team will train the ret down first due to our squishiness so those "offheals" will mean absolutely nothing.

If you say we bring heals and amazing burst, sure we bring awesome burst but any team that isn't half mental knows how to handle ret burst (Cyclone, Fear, Stun, Charm, MC, Root, Disarm, etc.)

Ill admit that ret is the best its been in a long, long time but it's still far from awesome, like Im hearing so many people claim. Ret is seriously underpowered and if you succeed its only because you are doing so in spite of that fact.

Props if that's you but honestly, we need some love.

1) Survivability
2) CC susceptibility ( or reliable CC we can dish out ourselves, repentance isn't it, melee with cast time is a no go.)
3) clutch abilities that other classes get baseline should be incorporated baseline (snares, REAL gap closers)
4) A real reason to bring a ret as opposed to another class in a pvp setting (arena,rbgs) try not to cry homogenization because as it is now were "homogenized" with every other class/spec except they can do all the stuff we do twice as well.

TL;DR Ret is bad atm and a damage buff isn't what we need at all
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Also all the bads crying whenever a ret beats you, saying its because were "faceroll" or "OP". Ret has a serious skill cap, unlike previous Ret versions. If you are getting trashed by a ret its either because 1) you are a bad or 2) they are amazing.
Reply Quote
play a warrior, then you'll see you don't have it as bad... I used to wreck everyone on my paladin, only reason i dropped him was because the class was sooooooo boring to play.

Edit: You complain about being ''squishy'', yet you're not fully gemmed resilience.
Edited by Rezneck on 5/11/2013 10:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I feel for warriors too but I've seen some beast warriors who could out rip me spamming WoG with Holy Avenger up.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Make divine protection like a second trinket or just get you out of fears, much like Death knights, warlocks, and BM hunters.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Make divine protection like a second trinket or just get you out of fears, much like Death knights, warlocks, and BM hunters.

na thats too much class homogenization, IMO those abilities should be removed and CC reverted back to how it was in s7(maybe even a little less). We don't need more outs we need less overall CC.
Edited by Requital on 5/14/2013 2:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]