Disconnects when minimizing WoW.

90 Blood Elf Warlock
If I:

-Hearth
-Auto-run/fly
-Take a flight path

and then minimize WoW to look at Firefox... without fail, I will be disconnected from the server. This is becoming highly aggravating, and I'm wondering what is causing this to occur.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I believe it is intended... for no good reason. WoW detect it loses focus, and reduces your priority. I also found it incredibly frustrating.

If your computer can handle it, changing to fullscreen-windowed mode fixes the problem, and you can alt-tab at will.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I believe it is intended... for no good reason. WoW detect it loses focus, and reduces your priority. I also found it incredibly frustrating.

If your computer can handle it, changing to fullscreen-windowed mode fixes the problem, and you can alt-tab at will.

That's.... interesting, and a bit useless. my computer can handle it.

Well, the thing is I prefer to have my window to be a bit small, that way i can have programs in the background and see notifications on them. As well, I minimize it to give my GFX a bit of a break.
Reply Quote
Blizzard changed this because people would stay online 24-7 without logging off. It puts senseless lag on the server and other people. You got about 10-15 minutes, after that you get auto disconnected.
Edited by Druenny on 5/14/2013 3:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]