Does ret AOE ever get better?

90 Draenei Paladin
Pretty sure HoTR applies Censure to your primary target as well there Keten, although its wave certainly doesn't refresh on multiple targets.

I also don't get what they keep going on about with Double Jeopardy working better with Truth as your Seal makes no difference in the function of Double Jeopardy.

If they want to call people lazy for using SoR properly and effectively then let them, their loss. I doubt you're going to change any minds judging by how this thread has gone.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Pretty sure HoTR applies Censure to your primary target as well there Keten, although its wave certainly doesn't refresh on multiple targets.

Unfortunately, it doesn't. I've paid close attention to see what refreshes it and what doesn't, and neither HotR's direct or AoE components apply or refresh it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
05/17/2013 05:37 PMPosted by Keten

Unfortunately, it doesn't. I've paid close attention to see what refreshes it and what doesn't, and neither HotR's direct or AoE components apply or refresh it.

I am almost positive it does, I'll have to test later.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Just make sure that it's not an auto-attack refreshing it in your tests. :P

EDIT: Okay, this is interesting. Attacking the dummy, positioned so that I can use specials but not auto-attack, HotR is applying Censure to it. And yet, it's never done that in raids when I've been watching to see if it refreshed an existing stack. And it's not that I simply didn't notice, because if the stack was about to expire it would fall off, even a couple of seconds later, and not reapply, so there's no apparent delay. Very curious.
Edited by Keten on 5/17/2013 6:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
05/17/2013 05:42 PMPosted by Keten
EDIT: Okay, this is interesting.

And here I was about to defend you. For shame! :p

But seriously, I've noticed HotR not impacting - either by stacking or refreshing - Censure in raids, too. Peculiar that it should work on dummies.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Yeah, I just ran LFR and paid close attention to HotR refreshes. It seemed like sometimes it just wouldn't refresh Censure; other times it would. Very strange.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Did my own testing on a dummy, it applied Censure.

I've never really had a problem with it refreshing my stacks during raids either, in fact I often times rely on it during AoE.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 5/17/2013 7:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Yeah, when I tested it on the dummy it always applied Censure. Same with regular mobs out in the world. It was only in raids that I've watched it fail to apply Censure.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Perhaps it's a latency issue if your Censure is just about to fall off before you reapply it and it doesn't quite register in time or some such.

/shrug

Editz: Although I guess you'd see a new, fresh single Censure stack even then. IDK.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 5/17/2013 7:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I've relied on it in LFR to apply Censure while tabbing through for stacks, but would regularly tab to a fresh target, HotR, tab, scroll back over the previous target to find it absent my DoT. Now, I just either swap to SoR or wait to tab until I Judge; depends on the trash pack.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Maybe. Seems weird that it wouldn't apply the stack after a moment if it was lag though. It would have to be some really bad timing issue where it lagged, attempted to apply a stack, the existing stack fell off during the delay, and the game didn't apply a new one because it thought it was refreshing a stack that was no longer there.

Just seems like it happens too often to be something like that. :/
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If you're on a dummy in a position that you can autoattack, does a simultaneous auto+HotR give two stacks?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
If you're on a dummy in a position that you can autoattack, does a simultaneous auto+HotR give two stacks?

It appears to.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

Did for me.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
There is a ~1-1.5 second delay in the application of Censure on both CS and HotR's applications of Censure. It may have something to do with when the next tick of CS is set to start. I'm not entirely sure.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

I also don't get what they keep going on about with Double Jeopardy working better with Truth as your Seal makes no difference in the function of Double Jeopardy.

Makes it to where you're already stacking 2 sets of censure at least. Meaning Righteousness is already worse in comparison because it'd take at least 8~ targets at that point to make it more damage - once you count both Seal of Truth's hit from autoattacks and censure.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I wonder if there's something weird going on with Censure, since we all seem to have experienced it working differently. I've never noticed any trouble or delay applying it with CS/HotR.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
In challenge modes with holy avenger I was able to consistently pull 400-450k dps on trash packs, it was to the point that having me bubble in mogu shan palace on the first pull to do 200k instead of getting banished/cleaved down by mobs was enough to push us over the top for gold which we were ~30 seconds short of the first few times.

I'd say ret have some of the best on demand AoE in the game if we spec into it, without specing our AoE is still fine just not as OMGWTF insane
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I wonder if there's something weird going on with Censure, since we all seem to have experienced it working differently. I've never noticed any trouble or delay applying it with CS/HotR.

Try to walk up to a mob and cs, youll probably see 1 stack go up immediately and a 2nd slightly later. Try to attack one mob then tab cs another.

It's little tricks with our autoattack timer. Autoattacks are far more responsive than spells in judgement refreshes. They most certainly are not instant.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
When I do that (just did exactly that, to make sure I wasn't misremembering), I do not observe any delay at all between the CS stack and the autoattack stack - the target goes straight from zero stacks to two. And I can pretty reliably use CS/HotR/Judgement to refresh Censure stacks that are a fraction of a second from expiring.

I'm not sure how to reconcile this with the other observations in this thread, hence my wondering.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]