[H] A guild for those with social anxiety.

100 Orc Warrior
<Swords for Everyone> is a gaming community for individuals who suffer from social anxiety (or other similar social disorders). Our goal, as a group, is threefold:

1.) Offer members a safe place to play the game. We want to create a constructive environment that considers and understands the issues and needs of those with social anxiety. We seek to help individuals explore aspects of the game they have previously been unable to experience by giving them the means and tools they need to do so.

2.) Positively impact our members' lives, provide them with a social outlet, and help them to develop and establish meaningful out-of-game relationships.

3.) Aid members in alleviating or improving some of their anxiety-related issues through activities and interaction both in-game and out.

We're looking for individuals who want to be involved in a guild experience, who are interested in meeting new people and playing the game with others, and who are willing to try and step out of their comfort zone and help themselves. We're looking for people who get nervous and sweaty entering queues or joining games, who have trouble with voice chat, who are afraid to even apply to guilds, but, most importantly, who want to try and change some of that.

We're primarily interested in active players. Previous experience is not required or expected-- we're happy to instruct and develop newcomers.

To apply, visit www.swordsforeveryone.org.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Cantabrew.

This guild is great and everyone should like it.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Hunter
/hands out tea and muffins
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
awww yissss
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Just wanted to stop in and show some support :)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
*hugs thread*
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
This is the first time I've stopped and read this thread properly. At first, I thought it was some elaborate joke, but it seems this is genuine, and many props to all of you for doing something like this.

I myself have an anxiety disorder, but I've pretty much overcome it. I am the definition of a success story here... maybe I should join up and help out, eh? :D
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
What a spiffy logo you have!

<3
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
What a spiffy logo you have!

<3

Thank youuuuu Kuluuuuuuu <3
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I'd like to add that we're branching out in to other games as well, so for more information, check out the site.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
I would like to say that I adore this guild idea. As a sufferer of social anxiety myself, this just sounds great. Even though it's easier to communicate through a computer, sometimes you just need to be around people who think the same way.

Kudos to you guys. <3
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Great bunch of people! Very friendly and helpful.
Reply Quote
I remember there was a guild like this in the past. Is it the same one?

I prefer to join RP guilds, but I'd like to do PvE/PvP content with you on my troll. Random groups tend to upset me because people are outright nasty to inexperienced players.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Wow this is an absolutely amazing guild idea. Free bump for you ~
Hugs for everyone!
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I can think a hundred different ways this guild will improve the community. Stick around

*bump*
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I remember there was a guild like this in the past. Is it the same one?

I prefer to join RP guilds, but I'd like to do PvE/PvP content with you on my troll. Random groups tend to upset me because people are outright nasty to inexperienced players.

If you're referring to one on this realm, then it's still us...there's an EU guild with the same goal as well.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Just updating that we're still recruiting in WoW and other games! check the site in Canta's OP for more information!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
This is a wonderful concept. You guys are great and you should feel great.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
I actually might be deleting an alt just to make room for a horde to join you guys. When I do, I'll contact ya.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]