Top 10 Druid Changes Since Burning Crusade?

44 Night Elf Rogue
Hello. I'm creating a list of the top 10 positive Druid changes since Burning Crusade. I'm trying to avoid talking about individual spells. What are your suggestions? This is all I have.

1. More Classes Can be Druids: Worgen and Trolls,
2. Druids have four specs now. You have MANY more cat/bear abilities that you used to and they are properly split up now.
3. All druids have innervate!
4. Druids able to be healers or act as tanks for dungeons or raids
5. Balance: You don’t have to look like a moonkin when in balance spec!
6. Talent Tree: Restoration: You can still look like a tree while healing!
7. If you are in a shapeshift form and try to use an ability that may only be used in caster form, you will leave the form and use that ability. This means that you can shift from one form to another in one action. (2.1)
8. Travel Form: Can now be learned at level 16. (3.2)
9. Aquatic Form is now available from druid trainers at level 16. (3.0)
10. Flight Form: Can now be learned at level 60. Flight speed increased to 150%. (3.2)
11. The Swift Flight Form is now available on the trainer at level 71, requiring 300 riding skill, and Flight Form learned. (3.0)
12. Swift Flight Form: Druids who have acquired a mount able to go 310% flight speed will now also go that speed while in this form. (3.2)
13. A new Eclipse mechanic has been added for druids. (4.1)
14. Race Specific Animal Forms
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
ESPN would find a way to put Lebron, the Lakers, and Tim Tebow in that list.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
2. Druids have four specs now. You have MANY more cat/bear abilities that you used to and they are properly split up now.

Imo this isn't a positive change as it was a nerf to both bears and cats.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

This actually sucked
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
ESPN would find a way to put Lebron, the Lakers, and Tim Tebow in that list.
Knowing them lately they would mention Tebow twice.
Reply Quote
87 Human Warrior
Cats and Bears needed to be split. It was becoming difficult to keep them separate and it was too easy for them to switch between the two forms and perform moderately well. Druids already get enough toys and have great flexibility compared to other classes (Warlocks, Mages, Rogues, Hunters anyone?) Be happy you get awesome forms, insta-flight form and can do anything: ranged or melee dps, tank or heal.

As for the rest, the biggest let down for my druid was the Balance 'bar' mechanic. It's rather lame and doesn't do a whole lot and it's rather annoying keeping up with it and the two DoTs. It might be just me but it just seems tedious compared to my Warlock or this Warrior.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid

This actually sucked
Still a hell of a lot better than waiting for eclipse procs.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
1. More Classes Can be Druids: Worgen and Trolls,

This is a change I hate. Trolls and Worgen have no business being druids. I think it's better when classes are restricted to fewer races, especially when it comes to schools of magic.

As said above, this was a nerf. Bears could seamlessly switch to dps when the other tank had aggro and cats could emergency or add tank.

BC gave us tree form. Cata took it away. MoP gave us a fake tree form. Many may have forgot, but tree form wasn't just an increase to healing power and immunity to polymorph. It increased armor by 200% and increased all healing received by players within 100 yards by 6%. Trees made other healers more powerful and we could take a serious beating in pvp.

I don't see the new eclipse mechanic as a positive change. I stopped playing balance when it was added. I liked the old eclipse. Yes it was a bit random, but I wouldn't say it was difficult to master. The new mechanic is paint by numbers.
Edited by Mitimem on 5/8/2013 6:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
we could take a serious beating in pvp.

Lolbanish
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
How about the new feral forms during wrath? Or baseline bleeds critting.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
The day they announced that they were taking away our permanent tree form...I instantly wanted to reroll. I've played resto Druid since BC, and I won't stop, the cosmetic treat form we have now just isn't the same as when it was in Wrath
Reply Quote
5.2 Druids can now be fire kitty (without staff, for a indefinite amount of time )
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Symbiosis now castable in combat :D

It was such a peeve of mine not being able to get a Symbiosis cast off before the tank face-pulled trash, etc. Now I'm good to go even if I don't remember to cast it until half-way through the fight.
Edited by Gotnorice on 5/9/2013 9:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Cats and Bears needed to be split. It was becoming difficult to keep them separate and it was too easy for them to switch between the two forms and perform moderately well. Druids already get enough toys and have great flexibility compared to other classes (Warlocks, Mages, Rogues, Hunters anyone?) Be happy you get awesome forms, insta-flight form and can do anything: ranged or melee dps, tank or heal.

Eh.

Actually the real reason they did it was because of the way the new talent system worked. Basically, if they'd kept it as the same spec with everything learned automatically now except for a number of talents that are available for all specs, ferals would be able to do full tank and full dps by just switching forms. While before you would be missing key talents for one if you maxed the other.

Either way, it was a nerf to both specs.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
1. More Classes Can be Druids: Worgen and Trolls
Nelf / Tauren or GTFO

actualy no ... they only removed skills and changed the ones that we had (like bear bubble) it was better when they had 3 specs ... bearcatting ftw

3. All druids have innervate!
News flash ... we have always had this, only thing that changed is feral/guardian version got passively nerfed into the ground

4. Druids able to be healers or act as tanks for dungeons or raids
Um, this was possible in BC too

5. Balance: You don’t have to look like a moonkin when in balance spec!
who cares?

They looked like trees in BC too ... looked better back then too IMO

7. If you are in a shapeshift form and try to use an ability that may only be used in caster form, you will leave the form and use that ability. This means that you can shift from one form to another in one action.
I so love being shifted out of bear while tanking and attempting to do a NS Rebirth

14. Race Specific Animal Forms
I dislike nelf kitty form look ... ever since its release it has reminded me of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFydYZjs5T4
Edited by Firelèáf on 5/9/2013 11:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
News flash ... we have always had this, only thing that changed is feral/guardian version got passively nerfed into the ground

Not true, it used to be at the bottom of the resto tree.

http://wowvault.ign.com/View.php?category_select_id=4&category_show_all=0&view=Talents.View.Beta
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
05/09/2013 12:58 PMPosted by Sibenice

Not true, it used to be at the bottom of the resto tree.

http://wowvault.ign.com/View.php?category_select_id=4&category_show_all=0&view=Talents.View.Beta

I remember when I was playing this ages ago with a friend and he started a little before me . . . he got to level 40 that week and was playing Balance and INSISTED on finding me to show off his amazing new Hurricane spell. I didn't know or care what it did I just thought it looked awesome, rofl. Still stayed feral. Suck it balance.

I started playing in TBC so I'm pretty sure it was baseline for all druids at the time and I learned it anyway, but oh well, random story inserted after seeing Hurricane as a level 40 talent. And remembering how important barkskin used to be to cast something without taking forever >.<
Edited by Dysheki on 5/9/2013 2:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
05/08/2013 01:42 PMPosted by Sibenice

Imo this isn't a positive change as it was a nerf to both bears and cats.

I would have to agree with this....

I find myself playing less and less on my main class(Druids) with these changes, and inturn the game just isn't as fun as it used to be for me. No other class has or has had my attention as the druids do..... I miss the druids that I remember playing in BC through Cata..
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I personally really liked when they redid our forms to look better.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]