Moonkin questions!

90 Troll Druid
SWC
So, first of all, this is my alt Druid. He was supposed to be my main, but I was having more fun with my Priest, and this character got retired.

Now that I'm looking to gear him up and all, I have a few questions about rotation, I'm bad with forums and all, tried searching a bit but couldn't find the answers I was looking for.

1. When do I refresh SnF and MF? Let's say I'm a couple casts away from entering an eclipse, is it worth it refreshing dots if they fall off? I generally wait till Eclipse so I spend less globals and so I can apply them eclipsed and NG'ed.

2. When is it worth multi-dotting? I can generally Multi dot 2 or 3 targets without messing everything up. If it's 2 targets I try to keep MF and SnF on both, and if it's 3 targets, I keep MF/SnF on one, and only the eclipsed dot on the other two.

3. Is there a good resource website for balance druids (other than TheMoonkinRepository)?

4. Is it still Crit>Haste>Mastery in t15?

5. Is there any particular situation where I would not want to use Starsurge on cooldown? I recall someone saying I shouldn't Starsurge when building towards lunar Eclipse, but that was some time ago. Is that still valid?

I think that's it. Thanks for the attention!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
All of your questions could be answered in the Moonkin sticky.

1.) Eclipsed DOT at the start of an Eclipse. No. Correct.

2.) Multi-DOT'ing 6+ targets; more and you Hurricane. Your idea is good and is correct.

3.) ElitistJerks has a lot of activiely for moonkins

4.) Yes.

5.) At your gear, yes (as you described in the situation, generally don't enter Eclipse with Starsurge). At higher gear levels use Starsurge on cooldown regardless of entering Eclipse.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
SWC
The sticky was updated for 5.1, and I wasn't sure if much changed with better gear available. I'm still a bit far away from t15 gear, but I'll get there in a couple weeks.

Thanks for the answers!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
5.) At your gear, yes (as you described in the situation, generally don't enter Eclipse with Starsurge). At higher gear levels use Starsurge on cooldown regardless of entering Eclipse.

At roughly what ilvl would it be advantageous to use SS on CD regardless of whether or not you're going into eclipse?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
05/09/2013 08:49 AMPosted by Signet

At roughly what ilvl would it be advantageous to use SS on CD regardless of whether or not you're going into eclipse?
about 30% or so unbuffed crit, possibly before then.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]