Durumu's vs Voice of the Quillen LFR

90 Undead Hunter
as the title says i have both the LFR durumu's and voice of the quillen im not hurting for hit or exp.. trying to figure out which is better .. ive used FD and the data seems incorrect.. anyone have both or knows which would be better with my current gear?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Based on your spec, which is survival, Durumu will top out due to crit as well as the haste, with no need for reforging.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Also transmog Voice to Durumu's weapon because OMG LAZERZ.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
It actually depends if you can benefit from the hit on quilien or not, it has 80 more agi. If the hit will throw you way over-cap, go with Duru.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
One has tentacles that wiggle about.

The decision is obvious.
Reply Quote
94 Human Hunter
As much as I agree with Fire (tentacles are the dealbreaker) I am curious about the relative advantages of the Sha touched Taoren, the Soul Burner with the +500 agi stone versus the Durumu's Baleful Gaze. Has anyone done any simcraft to establish a BiS for these two items? Askmrrobot indicated the x-bow but I am unsure what qualifying criterion it is using (ilvl alone?). Any help would be appreciated.

From my EJ MM Guide review I found the following:
"An increase in Range DPS is much greater than an increase in other stats. Because of this, a higher item level ranged weapon will generally provide more DPS than a lower item level range weapon regardless of the stats on both (although some exceptions may exist)."
Edited by Greideroy on 5/10/2013 10:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
As much as I agree with Fire (tentacles are the dealbreaker) I am curious about the relative advantages of the Sha touched Taoren, the Soul Burner with the +500 agi stone versus the Durumu's Baleful Gaze. Has anyone done any simcraft to establish a BiS for these two items? Askmrrobot indicated the x-bow but I am unsure what qualifying criterion it is using (ilvl alone?). Any help would be appreciated.

Yeah, i second this question. I was able to get voice of the quilen off iron qon (4 of them as a matter of fact with no freaking shoulders drop, /cry qq) but in my own recount testing, it didn't even come close to taoren with the sha touched gem. any data or thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Reply Quote
94 Human Hunter
but in my own recount testing, it didn't even come close to taoren with the sha touched gem

I also did raid dummy testing of both items (granted I didn't have the additional +160 agi that yours has) and found the Durumu drop (both had Blastington's as well) added approximately 12% to my burst DPS (blow all cd and go for 60 sec) and 9% to prolonged DPS (3 min) periods of fire. I tried to limit variation in rotation but can't say the sessions were mirror images of one another and I don't run WoL to preserve my sanity.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
What ever the choice may be, transmog anything into Voice of Quilen. Because you shoot lightning. Yup.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]