Hunter Melee

90 Draenei Paladin
Am I the only one that misses it? A target gets too close, you wip out your massive axe, raptor strike, wing clip and run. I miss just visually having both a melee wep and ranged wep at the same time as well.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I miss when melee survival hunter was a thing. Not a good thing, but a thing nonetheless.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I miss when melee survival hunter was a thing. Not a good thing, but a thing nonetheless.

Was never a thing. People just wanted it to be a thing.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

It was most definitely "a thing". Go look at the original Survival tree.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
05/09/2013 09:50 AMPosted by Melix

Well you're right, minus the part where you said it was "a thing."
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Well you're right, minus the part where you said it was "a thing."

05/09/2013 08:44 AMPosted by Girlsgonewow
I miss when melee survival hunter was a thing.

Pretty sure I was repeating what you and Girls already said.

Well you're right

Yes, I know.
Edited by Melix on 5/9/2013 10:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
They gotta bring it back... It's just hilarious to see nub hunters just backpedaling and still doing so much dmg without the dead zone

Atleast give us the option to whip out some melee and make it light-medium dmg.

Rogues and all other melee are getting light-med range abilities, why can't us hunters have both?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
They gotta bring it back... It's just hilarious to see nub hunters just backpedaling and still doing so much dmg without the dead zone

Hunters no longer have a deadzone with ranged weapons... melee isn't necessary. I say, just add back Raptor Strike and Wing Clip without the melee weapons being necessary. Or, keep the melee requirement and make a weapon-change macro. Hunters can still swap their ranged weapons for melee ones... for some odd reason.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I liked the fact that Wing Clip was off the gcd and lasted twice as long as concusive shot. Loved the Wing Clip/Disengage macro
Reply Quote
05/11/2013 06:05 AMPosted by Chrozz
Hunters no longer have a deadzone with ranged weapons...

I know, thats exactly what I said downy
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
The only thing I miss is doing massive amounts of damage with a Raptor Strike crit from a 4.0 speed weapon.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/10/05/wow-archivist-strange-choices-behind-wows-earliest-talent-tree/

It wasn't really a thing for very long. As a matter of fact, I leveled/played a SV hunter in Vanilla and was never a melee hunter (as surv. I did a stint as a melee hunter through BM in tbc)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I miss it too. The hunter is just kind of bland and boring to me without melee.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Bring back pole arms (spears). Boars were hunted with spears and dogs since ancient times right up to the invention of firearms. So it makes sense for those and bigger prey. Go BM tree go.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
05/09/2013 09:50 AMPosted by Melix

I was there for it. It was never "a thing"...

Hunter melee was always a last resort, even pre-1.7 survival spec.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Rogues and all other melee are getting light-med range abilities, why can't us hunters have both?

You have our current max damage at any range and want to nerf our damage at close range? I think that'd make you the "downy".

Your addiction to that insult is revolting, btw.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
What is wrong with you people -.-

Worst of all was that stupid glyph that made you take less damage after a raptor strike. No CD, so do it all the time! And everytime you do, no dps!

GAH
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Only reason I'm rolling this hunter now is because there's no more melee/ranged skill separation. Hunter playstyle right now is a blast, don't mess with a good thing.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
wing clip/disengage was all I did from 1-80. lol.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
wing clip/disengage was all I did from 1-80. lol.

I did have a macro for Disengage that had Wingclip written in, that was one of the best things about melee. However, with posthaste talent currently it factors to about the same but instead of making someone else's movement worse mine is better.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]